About this listing
a very well located flat in safe Vila Buarque, next to Higienopolis: one of the nicest neighbourhoods in town! Walking distance to metro Santa Cecília (Red line) and República (Yellow line), 2,5 km away from old city centre (20 min. on foot).
This is a 2 bedroom flat, there is a single room where you will stay.
(from Aug - Dec/15 the room is being rented to a long term guest and my "former" room is the one available for rent.
Sorry but it is actually not on the pictures but I guarantee it is as big as the one pictured, it has a double bed and fitted wardrobe and a big study desk. All ready for you to rent, without any of my personal luggage.
Your room is big, bright (big windows) with wooden floor. There is a single bed and great built-in wardrobe.
I provide linen, hand and body towel.
Also you can use all kitchen appliances: blender, Italian coffee maker , Japanese rice cooker, sandwich maker, etc.
Plus: hair dryer, iron, washing machine.
Products like: washing soap, washing powder, toilet paper, too . (However, if you rent monthly, these should be shared in half.)
WI-FI internet available (10MB) and basic digital TV Channels.
I have no pets.
Sharing living room, kitchen and toilet/shower. (no bathtub)
There is a 24 hours reception at the building.
No parking but there are plenty safe parking lots around the block.
This is a non-smoking house.
Interaction with Guests
I lived in sharing houses for nearly 6 years in London and 3 years in Japan, so I understand how is it like to share our lives with people with different backgrounds.
I'm a pretty laid back kind of person and simply adore traveling and travelers, specially when they come to Sao Paulo. So I want to make your stay as pleasant as possible!
***P.S. - IMPORTANT: From August/15 I will not be living in the flat so I won´t be around to help you out everyday. But I come on Sundays if necessary! :)
So , if you don´t mind sharing with another flatmate but me, this is the place for you! :)
The long term guest staying at the moment is Sandra: https://www.airbnb.com.br/users/show/34178654
Vila Buarque/Higienópolis is one of the nicest areas of São Paulo. It feels that you're not in such a huge city, since it's a neighbourhood you can stroll through wooded streets while get your groceries done or have a beer at a 'boteco' (bar) .
Or even read a book at a cool little park nearby (Parque Buenos Aires)!...
...after a while, you realize you are less than 3 km from the old, hectic city centre !
The neighbourhood is lively , but pretty calm on Sundays, with all amenities closeby : pharmacy, supermarkets, street market on Thursdays and Sundays.
Plenty of bars & restaurants next to the University Mackenzie, which is less than 5 min's walk from the flat.
- around 8' walk to metrô Santa Cecília (Red line)
- around 10' walk to metrô República (Red and Yellow line)
Main spots that connects you to the public transport:
- Metrô Santa Cecília (red line)
- Rua da Consolação (bus connection North-South and other connections, such as Vila Madalena, Av.Paulista)
- Praça da República (where metrô República connects to Yellow line, which takes you to Avenida Paulista within one stop)
- Avenida Angélica (buses to Vila Madalena and Av.Paulista)
- Avenida São João (busses connection East-West)
TO/FROM GUARULHOS AIRPORT :
The best way is to get the coach "Airport Bus" , for R$ 42,00 / US$10 one way.
The starting/ending stop is at PRAÇA DA REPÚBLICA .
You can get to the flat either by taxi (less than 10 reais) or 10' walk (it's doable if you only bring a backpack).
By TAXI, it's a fixed price 110 reais one way.
At Guarulhos Arrival terminal, you can see the taxi stand right after the automatic door that leads to the airport parking lot.
Other Things to Note
- Check in at 14:00
- Check out at 12:00
If you need to check in earlier (or check out later) I I´m pretty flexible, as long as there isn´t a new guest checking in on the same day :)
..thank you for understanding!
- No parties allowed (but sometimes we can host dinners or have friends in : as long as previously agreed between us)
- But no additional guests are allowed to bring to the apartment (that means, people you just met)
- Do not wear shoes in the house (only slippers or flip flops) ;
- Do not leave the lights of rooms when you're away for long hours.
- Clean after yourself (applies to cooking, and use of bathroom and shower)
-No loud music before 10 am and after 10 pm.
- Anything in the house that gets broken, you will have to replace it by an identical item of the same brand (well...accidents happen!).
- In case you lose the key, please make a copy before checking out;
- Use of landline phone is not included, but you can receive calls. If you need to make a call and it's an emergency please let me know how long was the call and to what number.
I don't like to be too strict, but these are simple rules for house sharing, I'm pretty flexible to chat about them when you arrive. :)