About this listing
a very well located flat in safe Vila Buarque, next to Higienopolis: one of the nicest neighbourhoods in town! Walking distance to metro Santa Cecília (Red line) and República (Yellow line), 2,5 km away from old city centre (20 min. on foot).
This is a 2 bedroom flat, there is a single room where you will stay.
(from March /15 my room has been rented to a long term guest)
Your room is big, bright (big windows) with wooden floor. There is a single bed and great built-in wardrobe.
I provide linen, hand and body towel.
Also you can use all kitchen appliances: blender, Italian coffee maker , Japanese rice cooker, sandwich maker, etc.
Plus: hair dryer, iron, washing machine.
Products like: washing soap, washing powder, toilet paper, too . (However, if you rent monthly, these should be shared in half.)
WI-FI internet available (10MB) and basic digital TV Channels.
I have no pets.
Sharing living room, kitchen and toilet/shower. (no bathtub)
There is a 24 hours reception at the building.
No parking but there are plenty safe parking lots around the block.
This is a non-smoking house.
Interaction with Guests
I lived in sharing houses for nearly 6 years in London and 3 years in Japan, so I understand how is it like to share our lives with people with different backgrounds.
I'm a pretty laid back kind of person and simply adore traveling and travelers, specially when they come to Sao Paulo. So I want to make your stay as pleasant as possible!
***P.S. - IMPORTANT: From August/15 I will not be living in the flat so I won´t be around to help you out everyday. But I come on Sundays if necessary! :)
And I'm renting my room to a student , and she will stay until September/15
So , if you don´t mind sharing with another flatmate but me, this is the place for you! :)
Vila Buarque/Higienópolis is one of the nicest areas of São Paulo. It feels that you're not in such a huge city, since it's a neighbourhood you can stroll through wooded streets while get your groceries done or have a beer at a 'boteco' (bar) .
Or even read a book at a cool little park nearby (Parque Buenos Aires)!...
...after a while, you realize you are less than 3 km from the old, hectic city centre !
The neighbourhood is lively , but pretty calm on Sundays, with all amenities closeby: pharmacy, supermarkets, street market on Thursdays and Sundays.
Plenty of bars & restaurants next to the University Mackenzie, which is less than 5 min's walk from the flat.
- around 8' walk to metrô Santa Cecília (Red line)
- around 10' walk to metrô República (Red and Yellow line)
Main spots that connects you to the public transport:
- Metrô Santa Cecília (red line)
- Rua da Consolação (bus connection North-South and other connections, such as Vila Madalena, Av.Paulista)
- Praça da República (where metrô República connects to Yellow line, which takes you to Avenida Paulista within one stop)
- Avenida Angélica (buses to Vila Madalena and Av.Paulista)
- Avenida São João (busses connection East-West)
TO/FROM GUARULHOS AIRPORT :
The best way is to get the coach "Airport Bus" , for R$ 36,00 one way.
The starting/ending stop is at PRAÇA DA REPÚBLICA .
You can get to the flat either by taxi (less than 10 reais) or 10' walk (it's doable if you only bring a backpack).
By TAXI, it's a fixed price 110 reais one way.
At Guarulhos Arrival terminal, you can see the taxi stand right after the automatic door that leads to the airport parking lot.
Other Things to Note
- Check in at 14:00
- Check out at 12:00
If you need to check in earlier (or check out later) I I´m pretty flexible, as long as there isn´t a new guest checking in on the same day :)
..thank you for understanding!
- No parties allowed (but sometimes we can host dinners or have friends in : as long as previously agreed between us)
- But no additional guests are allowed to bring to the apartment (that means, people you just met)
- Do not wear shoes in the house (only slippers or flip flops) ;
- Do not leave the lights of rooms when you're away for long hours.
- Clean after yourself (applies to cooking, and use of bathroom and shower)
-No loud music before 10 am and after 10 pm.
- Anything in the house that gets broken, you will have to replace it by an identical item of the same brand (well...accidents happen!).
- In case you lose the key, please make a copy before checking out;
- Use of landline phone is not included, but you can receive calls. If you need to make a call and it's an emergency please let me know how long was the call and to what number.
I don't like to be too strict, but these are simple rules for house sharing, I'm pretty flexible to chat about them when you arrive. :)
About the Host, Letícia
I am a Japanese/Brazilian, excited about meeting people who are visiting São Paulo - be it for leisure, work, studies or simply live in this lively , ecstatic , buzzing megalopolis!
I enjoy spending time with my family, going to the movies, art exhibitions and out with friends and new friends!
I lived in Japan and England. I also had a month's stay in India for meditation and another in France to learn a bit of the language.
Inbetween, I lived in São Paulo (for around 15 years!). :D
"The world is a book. And those who do not travel, read only a page"
Happy travels, airbnb guests & hosts!
p.s. - from this year 2015 I'm not living in the flat anymore due to family circumstances, however I now live 60 km from the city and it is pretty easy to get to the flat whenever I can or it is necessary.
IMPORTANT - I have another room (mine) which is available to rent. I'll advertise it with pictures, but I guarantee it is pretty much the same as the one pictured on this listing.
I'm happy to assist you with queries you may have about the room. Thanks for understanding.