This tranquil country cottage was once a dispensary store selling medicines and now has being tastefully redesigned,this is our home and is situated just 2 Mins drive from the world famous 5 star Kildare Hotel & Country Club, home of the 2006 Ryder Cup.
This cut stone tranquil country cottage is only 30 Mins From Dublin Airport and just 45 Minutes From The Cosmopolitan Dublin city centre. It is situated within 20 Mins from Premium National Race Courses. Public Transport, Bars & Shops and superb restaurants all close by. The cottage has free Satalite TV, Free Wireless Broadband, full monitored intruder alarm, Full Outdoor CCTV System & Secure Parking Behind Electronic Gates. This place is a must for the country lover and golf enthusiasts,Romantic Or Business Trips Suitable.
Amenities close by Include; The Straffan Steam Museum, The Straffan Butterfly farm, Irish National Stud, Japanese Gardens, Dublin Zoo,Arthur Guinness Cemetary,The Jameson Whiskey Distillary,Trinity College and the Guiness store house are all easily accessible.
Dublin bus direct route to city centre. Local Taxi Company. Local bars and restaurants at the nearby towns of Naas, Maynooth & Celbridge. Hosting Service Available If Required. Airport Transfers available if required By Prior Arrangement. Welcome Fridge Pack Included.
See Ireland from this wonderful well located base!!! Looking forward to seeing you & thanks for looking!!!!
Interaction with Guests
If taking the entire property we are always close by to help with anything if required.
Its country rural setting yet its accessibility to the city centre.
Public Bus service To dublin City Several Times Daily.
THE FORMAL STUFF....
1. No smoking inside but you can smoke in the garden or decking area.
2. No pets allowed incase you are considering popping your pooch in your suitcase!
3. Please have consideration for our lovely neighbours. The property must be left in the same condition as you find it, except for normal usage and cleaning. Guest agrees to pay for the replacement of any missing, damaged and/or broken items. For example: cushions, artwork, kitchenware, linens, towels, new lock if keys get lost.
5. Flight delays/cancellations/emergency situations will not result in refund of monies.
6. Internet is offered free of charge. In the unlikely event this is not working, there will be no refund.
7. A legible email copy of drivers licence and passport is expected prior to arrival.
8. PRIVACY: We strive to respect the privacy of our guests during their stay and unless requested by you we will not typically contact you during this period.
In this case, if you arrive and find something that seems inadequate (eg. something broken/missing/cleanliness etc) please contact me immediately so that I can resolve the issue. If you do not contact me immediately, I will assume that everything is fine and therefore be unable to resolve the issue. In this case, no refund will be offered at a later date.
9. ILLEGAL/ ANTI-SOCIAL ACTIVITY: Guest agrees that he/she will not use this property to engage in illegal activity or to behave in an anti-social manner. The guests agrees not to throw loud parties or engage in other acts that could cause damage to the property or cause disturbance to our neighbours. Failure to comply with this may result in the immediate exclusion of the guest without any recompense for any future rental paid.
10. KEYS: We normally give one set of keys to the guest. Please do not give out these keys to any other person.
Thanks for taking the time to read this!!
We loved this house..Our host Derek went well beyond our expectation and never said no to any of our requests. The house was clean and had everything we expected. I would highly recommend this home to anyone that wants a true Ireland experience...
Derek was really helpful and friendly. The cottage is lovely ,in a good location and on the edge of the village so quite enough.
We loved the house it was easy to live in and gave each of us staying there our own privacy if we wanted it, plenty of room.
We booked the cottage as a group of 6 as we were attending a wedding at the K Club and the cottage was perfect for this. Derek and Adeline were very accommodating and although we did not meet them, this was not an issue at all.
We used the bus service from Dublin which was cheap and easy. However, we had not realised there would not be anywhere to go for dinner except for the K club which was out of our price range. The small shop also does not sell beer or spirits. So our advice for others staying would be to arrive well stocked or you will benefit from having a car. We did however manage to buy everything we needed for breakfasts from the shop and butchers and the local pub was very friendly. The cottage was in a lovely setting although unfortunately we didn't have much time to explore.
We really enjoyed our stay, and would not hesitate to recommend the cottage, especially for anyone attending any events at the K Club. Thank you Derek & Adeline.
Derek and Adeline are some of the most amazing people!! Not only is the home beautiful, historic, and in the cutest "tidy town" I've ever seen, but Derek went above and beyond! It's a small town and very quiet, perfect for a relaxing few days or a chill spot after long days in the city. If you are lucky enough to stay with the Noonan's, maybe you'll get to visit the subsiding bar, Roches! Also, local pub serves best Guinness I had in Ireland! Ask for Des.
Me and my four kids stayed here during our holiday in Ireland. Derek and Adeline were very helpful - as an example, when I had some trouble with my car, Derek called his friend who turned up in 10 minutes and fixed it with the snap of his fingers! We did some day-trips with our car, and visited Dublin with the bus 120 in order to avoid traffic- and parking problems there. There's a small shop for groceries just across the street.
The house was very clean and very roomy.
The place was perfect.. the house is exactly how they describe. Very clean, roomy, well equipped and cozy. Derek was very helpful and helped us with everything we needed. We didn't have any problem. Strongly recommend!!
The place was wonderful, Derek was an outstanding host in every respect and the bus ride to Dublin was far quicker and easier than I thought it would be.
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews