Cute cabin in an excellent location in central Catskills. Cottage borders Broadstreet Hollow creek running into the Esopus River. Ideal for a couple wanting a romantic weekend, a family for the kids to run around the yard and play in the creek, or a group of good friends to sit around the fire pit with a guitar and bottle of whiskey. For the right person or group this is an excellent get away. I have many return renters who love this house and setting. This is (email hidden) estate but a rustic cottage in the woods. You could squeeze 5 couples in but you will be on top of each other. It's better suited for 2 to 6 people.
- 4 bedrooms and separate loft with 3 full size beds and 2 full sized futon beds.
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, range, fridge, coffeemaker, pots and pans, dishes.
- Stone fireplace.
- Deck with outside eating area.
- Outside firepit for barbecuing.
- Wifi and unlimited domestic phone calls.
- You might spot an eagle, bear, egret, hummingbird, raccoon, possum, porcupine, beaver, chipmunk, or woodpecker on the property or next to the river.
- Tons of great hiking trails and waterfalls nearby.
- Tubing and kayaking down the river and cycling on the mountain roads.
- Trout fishing in the river.
- Two ski mountains and cross country skiing about a 15 minute drive.
- Cute villages nearby like Phoenicia and Woodstock.
- This is dog paradise (just make sure they don't run up the drive way to the main road).
- There is a day spa a short walk from the house where you can do yoga, sit in a hot tub or sauna, swim laps, get a facial or massage, and take a hot shower if your friends used all the hot water.
- The bus from NYC can drop you off and pick you up at the top of the driveway.
- Hot water heater is small so you may have to ration showers if there are a lot of you.
- You may see the occasional country mouse and there's a goddamn squirrel that gets into the walls upstairs every once in awhile. I do my best to keep them in the woods.
- The cottage is "rustic" meaning this ain't no schmancy resort with maid service. It can get dusty between renters and you might walk into a cobweb or two.
- You might hear traffic on the road that runs through here especially on a busy weekend.
- Cell service is shoddy. You can make unlimited domestic calls with the house phone though and there's wifi. I pay a flat fee.
Located 2 hour 15 minute drive from NYC. 15 minutes from Woodstock. 3 miles past Phoenicia on Route 28.
Everything except the shed. No going into the shed.
The house is yours while you rent it. You can reach me by phone or email.
Great place. Plenty of beds and everything you need for a weekend. Location was ideal. Close to several great Catskills trails. I would definitely recommend.
Scott was friendly and efficient with all the arrangements. The house is nice and conveniently located near Phoenicia, Hunter for skiing and a great diner down the road for breakfast. Lots of room, warm and a nice setting beside the creek that offsets the occasional mild noise from the road beside the house. (You don't hear anything when you're inside.) Only minor gripe was that it was a shade dirty when we got there.. nothing some sweeping couldn't fix. If you're there in winter make sure you don't get stuck on the ice further down the driveway - park near the top and you're good. Otherwise we definitely enjoyed our stay!
Scott's cabin was exactly what we were hoping for. Warm, cozy, and a great little weekend getaway. The fireplace was great, and as a vinyl collector, the turntable & collection of classic rock & funk/soul was an awesome touch. ;)
Loved our stay, overall & would highly recommend.
The only tips/pointers I'd leave for future guests:
The cabin is very close to the roadside, however, it's pretty quiet for the most part aside from the occasional freight-truck in the middle of the night. The kitchen is very basically stocked with pots/pans - so if you plan to cook for a larger group, I'd bring a few extra cooking utensils.
Amazing cabin! Cozy and clean. Spent a wonderful long weekend with family over the holidays.
This is a fantastic cabin, it's especially perfect for those from NYC looking for a relaxing weekend. The trailways bus dropped us right in the driveway. The cabin is a few minutes away from Phoenicia and close to some great hiking spots. The cabin itself is cozy and rustic. The indoor fireplace was a great way to stay warm and we had a great time enjoying the record collection.
The reservation was canceled 4 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Came for a weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday! It's a cute cabin, right off 28. It was well-stocked with kitchen items, extra blankets, games, books, and even DVDs. It's larger than we expected, with 4 bedrooms. There's a little noise from the road (cars passing) that you hear in two bedrooms, but it didn't bother us much. The water heater is indeed small, so be sure to stagger your showers. :) Nearby towns are fun to explore and though we didn't get to hike at all, there a many trails nearby. A great stay.
Great place to stay! Fairly isolated from neighbors and lots of space for our dog to run. Great record collection (we bought a few more in town and added to the collection, as well) and well-stocked kitchen. Bathroom got a bit mildewy-smelling, but the place is pretty rustic. Had to run out for paper towels and toilet paper and had to improvise socks as pot holders, so bring those. There is a cool screen and sound system/DVD player but no projector; if you have your own projector to bring there is a good DVD selection. Really enjoyed the fire pit and the proximity to the river. Thanks!
The place is not that far from NYC, I thought it was great because the cabin is not right next to other cabins so you have privacy. My kids loved the fact that the cabin was not deep into the woods. It is near the highway, its not bad at all. The kitchen is fully loaded with utensils for your vacation. There was allot of board games for the kids to play with at night. There is a beach not far from the cabin, really nice for kids. We had a great time fishing, cooking with the fire wood and roasting marshmallows, on our way back home we stopped by Woodbury Common Mall. Hopefully, we will go back in the winter.
The cabin was what we expected. Simple, pleasant and rustic right by a beautiful little creek.
We had been warned about the proximity of the main road but we did not expected the almost uninterrupted traffic.
Great collection of vinyl records (although the sound is pretty bad).
The house was clean enough but however the bathtub was pretty gross and the hot water barely enough for one shower. And do not forget to bring your own towels. We were warned but forgot.
One thing really bothered us. We arrived at night. The place is very dark and the driveway is hard to find.
We had detailed instructions to find the key but we looked for what seemed a very long time by the light of our cell phones to no avail.
We finally realized that the back door was not locked.
When we sent Scott an email the next day, he just responded the following day: "Oh yes, the last tenant misplaced the key so I just left it open".
This seemed to us pretty cavalier not to let us know ahead of time and rent us a place that does not lock.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT