This self catering apartment is located in the heart of Belfast city centre and is a short 3 minute walk to shops, restaurants and bars, clubs and pubs. With secure car parking provided, you can park up your car and enjoy all that Belfast has to offer.
The apartment is located at the back of Belfast City Hall so is close to taxis, Belfast City Airport & public transport - trains & buses.
This is a duplex apartment, with:
- The Living/Kitchen area situated on the 4th Floor
- Bedrooms & Bathroom located on 3rd Floor
There is a staircase within which has approximately 12 steps
- 2 double bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms (with an ensuite in the Master Bedroom)
- Large TV with Digital channels & DVD Library
- Internet access - Sky WIFI
- Secure parking
- Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer
- LA Fitness in the adjacent street
- Tea, Coffee & Milk sachets provided on arrival
The apartment is centrally located to the major Belfast Tourist Attractions, Entertainment Centres & Shopping:
- Titanic Visitor Centre
- Grand Opera House
- Waterfront Hall
- Victoria Square Shopping Centre
- Odyssey Complex
- Belfast Bus Tours
• Free WiFi
• Laptops available for hire at £10/ day OR £45/ week
• Guests may use the printing/ faxing facilities between 9am & 5pm at our Offices in Amelia Street (opposite Europa Hotel)
- This service is FREE for reasonable usage)
The location was great. We felt very safe and everything was very accessible. The bread and butter in the fridge was a nice touch. The beds were very comfortable.
The in-unit washer and dryer worked well. Most of the uk uses washer-dryer combined units that take a while to run and never seem to get clothing fully dry. This unit has an american-style tumble dryer, which does a very thorough job in short order.
The flat was clean and comfortable. There was everything we needed there to cook a big meal and enjoy an evening in.
Shane was also helpful in organising our very late arrival and picking up the keys.
The location of the flat on the waterside and in the center of town was very nice indeed.
Stayed here for two nights when I was in town for business with a colleague. We both enjoyed the apartment and loved the fact that the both the bedrooms were at the same size and that we had a bathroom each. The apartment is centrally located in a quite street.
We spent 3 lovely days in Alfred Street Apartment because the Obel one was not available. The place is very convenient, central, spacious, clean and very quiet. From here, you are very close to everything you need to see in Belfast. Shane is a very kind host, she left some groceries to prevent our late arrival because of the bad weather conditions. We definitely recommend this place to stay !
Well located. Reasonably clean. A few chips/scratches/tears but all in decent condition. Communication well handled. Flexible on arrival time and arrangement for wi-fi. Rep on time and helpful.
Cloths and washing up liquid were provided but the pans and the oven were a bit grubby. Providing tablets for the dishwasher might solve this. There really needs to be a tea towel or two and a hairdryer would be useful.
Maybe a few more kitchen staples like oil although there was salt and pepper and teabags. Perhaps I'm the only English person who likes to cook on a week-end break but since there is a kitchen and the Saturday market has such good produce...
This comment is neither negative nor positive - depends on your viewpoint
This was different from my usual airbnb experience. The letting company were professional and helpful but I never met Shane (and there seems to be an Anne too), Sabina responded to my emails and Lianne let us in. I'm used to meeting the property owner and either sharing or borrowing their space. I like the sometimes haphazard amateur charm, you may prefer the planned professionalism complete with out-of hours helpline / rep on call.
I recommend staying with these guys.
Thank you for your feedback - we really appreciate our guest’s feedback as we are always striving to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay with us whilst visiting Belfast. I am very pleased that you would recommend staying with us and that you found Lianne and Sabina helpful.
Myself (Shane) and Anne (my wife) are very hands-on in our business and it is myself that is on call after hours to assist our guests with any queries. While we do not always meet and greet our guests personally, we are aware of who is staying and strive to ensure everyone’s stay goes smoothly and is enjoyable. We own several Self Catering Apartments in Belfast, therefore in order for us to manage this service successfully it is important we adopt a planned and professional procedure.
I have taken on board your comments and have organised the following:
- Additional tea towels are to be left in the apartments (we had been leaving 1 tea towel previously)
- Dishwasher tables are now to be provided
- The hairdryer is to be replaced (we do provide a hairdryer in each apartment but this one had been broken and was removed)
- The pots in pans in the apartment are now 8 months old and will be replaced – the apartment is a busy one so we do go through quite a lot of these
- The oven is well used but is cleaned on each service
As our Apartments are Self Catering we do only tend to offer the essentials such as toilet roll, basic cleaning supplies, salt, pepper, tea, coffee etc.
We really enjoyed hosting Ian and hope he chooses to stay with us again if he visits Belfast again.
This apartment works for a brief stay but I wouldn't call it luxury by any stretch of the imagination. The place is in dire need of a fresh coat of paint and attention by a janitor (door stoppers falling out of the wall, poor lighting, mold in the showers). Most of the cooking utensils are rusted and/or falling apart and the linens provided were showing their age.
It wasn't clear to me when we booked the place that it was actually two levels: the bedrooms & bathrooms are on the bottom level and then kitchen and lounging area are up a flight of stairs.
This is run by a property management group and while the woman who met us with the keys was lovely, the group itself was less than accommodating: arrival and departure times were incredibly strict, they charged a daily fee for internet access, etc.
Finally: if you're driving, the parking spot provided is TINY and incredibly difficult to get in and out of. If you have a car, I would absolutely tell you to stay elsewhere.
Pros: nice location - easy to walk to major tourist areas. The building has a lift, which was nice for my older parents. There's also a washing machine and a separate tumble dryer.
Overall: unless you want the washer, I'd suggest taking the money and staying in a hotel.
We are very disappointed that our apartment fell short of Juliet’s expectations as we are always keen to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us. Our contact numbers (office and out-of-hours mobile numbers) are in all correspondence and in our leaflets in the apartments and we encourage guests to call if they are experiencing any issues or have any questions.
We were not made aware of any concerns during the stay so I have addressed Juliet’s concerns below:
• We particularly want to address the impression given that our apartment is handed over to a Property Management company and we have no interest in providing a quality service. We are a family run business and Lynn (who met Juliet to check in) has been working with us for 4 years and she works closely with myself (Shane) and my wife Anne on the day to day running of the apartment.
• The photographs of the apartment were taken 3 months ago (in May 2012) by an official AirBnB photographer and are verified as being an accurate reflection of the high standard of this apartment
• Painting – this is our most popular apartment and we paint the entire apartment twice a year. Our Painter and handyman had already been booked for next week
• On inspection we did not see a loose door stop
• Regarding lighting - all light bulbs in the apartment are working and were working during the stay. In the kitchen area there are a number of spotlights and lights and in the living area, a number of standard lights plus an uplighter. On the lower level in the sleeping quarter we have 1 main light & lamp; 3 spotlights in the corridor; each bedroom has a main light and 2 bedside lamps. The pictures taken by the official airbnb photographer in May 2012 accurately reflect the lighting provided.
• Kitchen utensils- we have replaced 4 utensils which may have been past their best but all others appear in good condition.
• Bed linen and towels- we have a large pool of linen and have taken your comments on board regarding removing the set used for your stay. I am sorry you did not call us as we would have been more than happy to replace on the day.
• The apartment is on 2 levels and the fact that the apartment is a duplex apartment is displayed on our promotional material. We have however updated our website to clearly specify that the living area is on upper level whilst bedrooms and bathroom are on lower level; staircase has 12 steps.
• Internet access-We did not charge Juliet for the internet - this decision was made before we received the review.
• Arrival times- we are extremely flexible with our arrival times and guests themselves always choose the time that suits them to check in. Check in time typically starts from from 3pm and we facilitate check in times up until 11pm/ midnight. Our only requirement is that guests advise us if they are going to be late so that we have time to reorganise our rep and she is not left waiting around for hours, wasting time – we only request 1 hour notice for a reschedule. I do not believe that this is an unreasonable request.
• Departure times - the check out time is always clearly stated and if we can be flexible we are happy to – but as the apartment needs to be serviced for the next guests, it is not always possible to facilitate unless the next guests are checking in later than the 3pm starting point. For week days, we offer departing and arriving guests the opportunity of leaving their bags in our Belfast Office (which is a 6 minute walk from the apartment).
• Parking Space- the parking space is a standard car parking size and accommodates large cars and SUVs. It is used extensively.
Again, I am disappointed that Juliet did not enjoy staying with us as our primary focus is always on ensuring guests enjoy their time in Belfast.
Great apartment - 5 minutes from the centre of town. Peaceful and quiet with all the amenities you need. Had a busy but great few days here and the apartment was the ideal place to have as a base. Lift was slow - but great to have a lift! Organisation was perfect - many thanks!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.