About this listing
Cosy apartment with all mod cons located in the charming Jordaan area. 5-10 minutes walking distance to the Anne Frank house and the 9 Streets. It comfortably fits four persons. Cafes, restaurants and public transport just around the corner.
The apartment has a cosy and light living area, a kitchen with microwave oven, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, pots, pans and cutlery, a separate bedroom and bathroom. The apartment can comfortably sleep up to 4 persons as the sofa in the living room converts easily into a double bed. Fast wireless internet, cable TV and stereo are also available in the apartment.
This apartment is located on a quiet street in a friendly neighbourhood, within 5-10 minutes walking distance to attractions, such as the Anne Frank house and the 9 Streets (the nine cosy and picturesque shopping streets in the Unesco Heritage listed Amsterdam Canal Belt). There are lots of nice cafes, bars and restaurants scattered around the area, and if you still feel peckish at night, there is a really nice late night shop about 5 minutes away. The Dam and Leidseplein is also within walking distance. Alternatively you can take the public transport which stops around the corner from the apartment. Here you can take multiple buses and trams to Amsterdam Central Station, the zoo, museums, airport, etc. If you arrive by car, there is a multi-storey car park less than 10 minutes walk away.
Smoking and pets are prohibited in the apartment.
- Anne Frank House - 5 mins walk
- 9 Straatjes - 5 mins walk
- Westerkerk - 5 mins walk
- Dam Square - 15 mins walk
- Leidseplein - 15 mins walk
- Rembrandtplein - 10 mins by tram
- Amsterdam Central Station - 10 mins by tram/bus
- Museumplein (Rijksmuseum, van Gogh museum) - 10 mins by bus
- Artis Zoo - 15 mins by tram
- Schiphol Airport - 35 mins by bus (from a special bus stop 10 mins walk away)
- Sterk (late night) - 2 mins
- Albert Heijn - 10 mins
- Albert Cuypmarkt - Amsterdam’s largest and busiest market
Speciality: General goods, food produce, exotic herbs and spices
Open: Monday - Saturday 9.30 am - 5.00 pm
- Flower Market - The only floating flower market in the world
Speciality: Flowers, seeds, bulbs and rare flowers such as black tulips
Open: Monday - Saturday 9.30 am - 5.00 pm
- Farmer's Market, Noordermarkt - Biological Fresh Food Market. The most popular Amsterdam market at the moment.
Speciality: Mushrooms, biological food, cheese, fresh fish, herbs.
Open: Saturday 9.00 am - 3.00 pm
- Dappermarkt - Amsterdam’s cheapest market
Speciality: Clothes, food, general goods
Open: Monday - Saturday 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Lindengracht market - Saturday food and flowers market
Speciality: Food, general goods, bicycles and bicycle parts, shoes, DVD´s.
Open: Saturday 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Nieuwmarkt Market - Saturday farmer's market with organic fare as well as an antiques market during the summer selling ornaments, knick knacks and clothes.
Open: Farmer's market Saturdays 9.00 am - 5.00 pm, Antiques May to Oct 9.00 am - 5.00 pm.
- Sunday market
Specialty: Food and all funny, quirky non-food items
Open: every first Sunday of the month 11.00 am - 6.00 pm
- Waterlooplein Flea Market
Speciality: Second-hand clothes, curiosa.
Open: Monday - Friday 9.00 am - 5.30 pm; Saturday: 8.30 am –5.30 pm.
- Westerstraat market - Best market for clothes and small objects.
Speciality: Clothes and shoes (often by big names in fashion), small objects, general goods, textiles.
Open: Monday 9.00 am - 13.00 pm
Nearest public transport: 200m
Trams: 10, 13, 14, 17
Buses: 142, 170, 172
- Off-street parking with a meter
- Nearest car park: Europarking 500m
- Park&Ride facility: Bos & Lommerplein, directly accessible via tram 14.
No smoking. No pets. Respect the neighbours.
Please specify arrival time so that someone can be there to greet you.
About the Host, Frederika
I am originally Indonesian but have lived in Amsterdam, the Netherlands for over 11 years.
I love travelling!!! Especially to places where I can experience new things but also where I can just lounge by the pool, read a good book whilst soaking up the sun, feel the sand beneath my feet, admire the views and just enjoy the moment. I love to scuba dive and ski although I'm not very good at either of them. And I also love love love food! :) Travelling has taken a back seat in the last year though as I'm now spending most of my time with my baby boy. Having said that, this has allowed me to explore Amsterdam in a different light. :)
If you have any special requests for your stay or need information on places to go, eat, drink, be merry in Amsterdam or outside, please do not hesitate to drop me a line. I will try to answer you as best as I can to make your stay here as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We'd love to welcome you to our beautiful city!