About this listing
Villa Ananda Sri is a luxury villa in a complex called Villa Nirvana. It is situated in the artists village of Penestanan, a haven of tranquility in Ubud, the cultural, artistic and spiritual capital of Bali. It is secluded and surrounded by lush greenery, yet is just a 15 minute walk from the centre of town. No cars are allowed in the immediate vicinity, so it's super-quiet. But we have golf buggies to ferry you and your luggage. The villa has an outdoor Balinese-style bathroom with a full bath. It also has airconditioning, TV, a mini-bar and wireless wi-fi. The pool is a few steps away from the spacious bedroom.
The villa Nirvana complex comprises six villas in all (each can sleep 2), and three private pools. Friendly staff , free wifi and a fabulous restaurant overlooking a gorge make this probably one of the best deals you can find in Ubud. There are picturesque walks nearby (check out the pics) and the cutest new-age village you'll see.
If you want to do yoga, there's a studio a 3 minute walk away that offers classes by the hour. Or you can do it in Villa Nirvana itself - there is space for yoga groups of upto 16.
You can also have massages every day.
Airport pickup and drop off is available. Tours around Bali (with driver) can also be arranged. If you happen to be in Ubud already, come and check it out. If you can't stay overnight, have a meal or a drink at the restaurant and enjoy the view of the forest and the gorge.
Room prices include breakfast for 2 persons as well as government tax of 11 percent and service charge of 10 percent..
Two to a room is normal, but we can provide an extra bed for a third at a nominal charge of US$15.
Normally check-in is after 2 pm and check-out is by 12 noon, but we can be flexible about this to accommodate to flight timings if there are no other bookings for your room that day. Guests are welcome to bring in food and drinks from the outside - but we highly recommend the in house River Cafe, which is hard to beat for either quality or price. Airport pickup and drop off is available at Rupiah 250,000 (about US$30) each way. Transport is also available for city tours and sightseeing. Bicycles and motorcycles can be hired. Pets are not allowed on the property.
It was a great stay for us. We took ananda sri. Villa is situated slightly away frm central ubud as its 20 mins walk frm main mkt but longer if one is driving as main villa is inaccessible by road (2 min golf cart ride takes u to main villa). Location is good as its away from main rush of mkt but bad if you want to enjoy nightlife or if you dont like walking as thts the most suitable option.
1) service is excellent. Thgh its true for most of bali but we specially found the staff extremely helpful And nice. We arrived at middle of the night but were welcomed warmly by guard and boogie driver.
2) food - restaurant is small but i liked whatever i had here. French press coffee was best i had in bali
3) villa and pool - very nice and comfy bed and almost a priv pool as other vila occupants were mostly not present. Pool is also nice thgh wind would lead to some leaves falling regularly. Staff is prompt to act if requested.
1) sounds at night: location is more like ur in middle of a forest. Thr is constant insect sound, water filter sound and even bird chirping at night. Also night lamps r on outside the villa maybe for safety reasons. Overall if u r not deep sleeper u might not get good sleep. Thgh thy have made good arrangements to cover bed from insects etc but it can be bothersome for few.
2) bathrooms r open which is actually not an issue normally but thr was some construction going on behind our villa. We could see some workers on the wall of villa behind us who could directly peep into the bathroom if thy wanted. I think villa owners could do a better job of covering the bathroom and toilet area slightly more.
Overall we had a pleasant stay and would recommend this villa to nyone who wants privacy and nature while still being in accessible distance to main areas of ubud.
We had a great stay at Villa Nirvana and were extremely lucky to be upgraded. It was very peaceful, and private. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Our stay at Villa Nirvana was awesome!!
We had the amazing Shanti Om villa with our own private pool and sun bed, which we loved. The room was serviced daily and before we came home each night someone would place mosquito replants around our villa to ensure we were comfortable.
The breakfast each morning was great and the staff went out of there way to ensure we had a fantastic time!!
We will be back xx
Absolutely amazing experience staying at Villa Nirvana!! Incredible staff and very professional luxury service! We were upgraded to Villa Om Shanti upon arrival and had our own pool, private villa, outdoor tub, day bed, lounge chairs, and private garden. The place is an incredibly beautiful retreat and inaccessible to cars down a short walking path. Honestly one of the more beautiful places I've ever stayed - would highly recommend staying here!
My wife and I were looking for a bit of much-needed peace and tranquility and we certainly found it at the Villa Ananda Sri.
Located about 15 minutes from bustling 'downtown' Ubud, this little resort is well looked after and quite new.
- the villa is immaculate, large and well-equipped with all the furnishings you need to relax
- close to a great assortment of dining opportunities
- the staff are exceptionally helpful, going out of their way to help plan out any excursions and recreation that you're seeking
- in-room/villa massage (extra $$ though)
- a decent breakfast in the resort restaurant, just steps from your villa
- pool was okay, but could use a cleaning and a heater! Because it's shaded, it doesn't warm up reducing your likelihood of going for a dip
- the restaurant itself isn't the best when it comes to offerings, but the resort is close enough to an assortment of other options
- very small TV...but then again, probably not that important if you're actually looking to escape from it all.
Thanks again to our hosts!
We stayed 4 nights and really enjoyed the beautiful grounds and delicious breakfast this villa had to offer. They have been very helpful in providing bicycles (unfortunately no helmets), massages (2 hrs for $60/pp - great deal!) & drivers. They also will arrange tours, motorbikes/mopeds rentals, dance performance right on the grounds, lunch and dinner, and many other things upon request.
There are I think 3 larger villas with unique names - each sharing 2 smaller villas with a common pool. We swam in the pool every day for a refreshing dip. Very nice location to local eateries, shops, artist galleries, rice paddies and walking trails.. Walking distance to central Ubud is about good 15 mins away, with more shops, temples, restaurants enroute.
The pictures tell the real deal. Figure a 4-5 star hotel but much less on the wallet. Def worth the splurge.
We had a beautiful stay at Villa Ananda..the staff , in particular Dean were there to assist us with everything request. Delicious luscious Bali with a touch of glamor and luxury... very private and and contemporary yet close to the hum drum of Ubud..
The Villa's are exactly as you see them here..no surprises!
Thanks guys..see u soon!...Mia
This host has 15 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Vee
Hello, I'm a writer and I own Villa Nirvana, which is a boutique hotel in Bali. It is professionally managed (I could never do it myself!) and the team, led by seasoned hotelier Dean, does a fabulous job . I like meeting people who have a love of life and great stories, wherever they might come from . I travel moderately myself, preferring to stay in small boutique-type establishments that have a unique charm, rather than the conventional five star chains.
I don't live in Bali, so I will not personally be your host at Villa Nirvana - though I'll be lucky to be visiting while you're there. But the staff are wonderful and will treat you like family - check out the site for what other guests have had to say. Hope you do go and have a great stay.
My life motto: we're here to learn about ourselves, through our lives and the lives of others.