This spacious room has a queen bed and private bath for patrons that are interested in staying in a comfortable, quiet, and safe environment that is within two blocks of the metro bus stop and easy walking distance of two metro rail stations.
Very cozy and comfortable environment where you can maintain your privacy and still be in an environment where any of your questions can be easily answered.
Amenities include: Private bathroom, Wi-Fi, Cable TV, Closet space, access to full kitchen, beautiful living-room w/ large screen TV and surround sound, access to iron / board, and plenty of parking.
---->By the way: This Red Room comfortably fits two people. If you have more guests just let us know. If you have more than 3 people in your party just know that we have another 2 person bedroom dubbed the Blue Room (search for it) that you might want also, so feel free to come with your friends ;).
-----> We even have a treadmill for those diehards if the weather is inclement. (You'll have to fight me for it though lol)
No smoking inside of the house. Small porch for visitors that do smoke.
My mom stayed with Donna while visiting my brother in DC. I was grateful for her quick replies and great communication, and my mom sent me the below email to share as a review:
"Donna has been a wonderful host. The cozy room, with the en suite bathroom provided all the comforts of home. The bed was very comfortable. The house is beautiful, located on a quiet street as well as very conveniently located to the Metro
and a shopping center, all within walking distance.
It was delightful to talk to Donna; she has many interesting stories to tell. I hope the room is available next time I am in Washington, DC as I would love to stay there again."
Donna was very welcoming and accommodating to my schedule. The room was clean and comfortable.
Donna and her sons were great! Everyone was very welcoming and accommodating. Here are some things worth knowing:
1. The bedroom you stay in has an attached bathroom with a shower (no tub), which I loved having (I hate tubs). It's your personal bathroom; nobody else uses it.
2. They have fast reliable wi-fi.
3. They have a dog named Diesel, who you will fall in love with.
4. You have access to the rest of the house (shared with the family), including the kitchen/refrigerator and living room/TV.
5. In the summer, they do a great job of keeping the place air conditioned, which was a huge plus for me.
6. The only sort of down side was the lack of available in-house laundry, since I stayed with them for 4 weeks. There's a laundromat about a quarter mile away, though. If you're used to having laundry right where you live, it's a slight hassle. If you're used to the laundromat routine or won't be staying long enough to do laundry, this is a non-issue, but it was the only thing keeping me from giving the full 5 stars.
6. Within walking/jogging distance, there are multiple trails through Rock Creek Park (just west), which are fantastic.
7. About a block away there are bus stops for the S2 bus, which can take you into DC (southbound) or Silver Spring (northbound). Unfortunately there's not very easy access to a metro stop. The Silver Spring stop is about a mile walk (or bus ride) north, and Takoma is about the same distance east. I never drove anywhere, just used public transportation and Uber.
8. If you like to plan ahead, order a SmartTrip card (for the bus and metro) online before you come (but you can get one in DC anyway). Also, the "DC metro and bus" app is key for knowing when the next bus/train is coming.
I had a wonderful stay at Donna's house. She and her family really make you feel welcome. I can only recommend her place if you plan a short-term or long-term stay in DC. The room is very spacious and the location with the bus stop around the corner to go downtown, and the metro close by is brilliant.
Donna was really nice hostess, very helpful and friendly. Room was ok. And Donna´s breakfast was the biggest surprise of our short stay. Reeeally tasty. :-)
Donna is a wonderful host, She has a beautiful home in a very nice neighborhood and in a very convenient location.
Donna and her sons are the best! My sister and I loved our stay with the Lewis family, and cannot thank them enough for their kindness and generosity. Our time with them happened was exactly what we needed!
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Will start with the basics, I love to travel. I have traveled to Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Egypt, Greece, Holland, London and Dubai (and may have left some place off of the list ). But the most cherished home away from home was Tanzania. Next trip, hopefully to Malta. My life motto is life is for living. I enjoy most types of music -- except pan, never really developed an appreciation for it. Favorite theater performance Lion King, favorite movie Love and Basketball. I live in a lovely city, the nation's capital and enjoy sharing my home with those who come to visit for tourism or business. I have a small business, so sometimes I am around and sometimes I'm not. If it is a very busy time for me, I will see that someone is available to answer all of your questions. It is important to me that my guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay in my home.