About This Listing
NEW!!! - WIFI in the apartment!
Apartment in a new, award winning building (2006) at the heart of Mexico City. Ideally located near Reforma Avenue and two metro stations. Nice area to explore by foot: restaurants, shopping, museums and XVI century architecture for the History inclined! Enjoy the comfort of home away from home: Quiet and luminous apartment, hardwood floors, minimalistic furniture, internet.
– Fans available.
– 2 full bathrooms (one in-suite, in Master room)
– Linen provided: bedding and towels.
– Two elevators – 24 hours porter – Indoor parking place.
– Laundry / dry cleaning: access in the lobby (extra).
– Indoor swimming pool (swimming cap compulsory, can be
provided). Showers available in changing room.
– Wheelchair Accessible.
– Cleaning service once a week with change of linen.
– Master Room: Queen Bed
– Room 2: Double Bed
– Single mattress (available if needed).
– Local TV (No Cable/Satellite)
– Water filter - High capacity, forget about buying bottles!
– Kettle and cooking utensils.
– A terrace next to the gym and swimming pool. Also a small
– WiFi in the apartment (good for several computers
– Families with kids or teenagers are welcome.
– No pets allowed.
– Minimum age limit for young adults, as main guests: 21.
– No smoking allowed in the apartment. Downstairs, there are
two open patios for smokers ☺, one with tables and chairs.
– It is a quiet new building, ideal for chilling after a long day.
– Young and young at heart citizens will appreciate.
– Across the street: Museo de Arte Popular (Museum of Folk
– Half a block from the ALAMEDA CENTRAL park.
– 15 mins. walk from the ZOCALO, Mexico’s Main Square.
– 3 blocks from REFORMA AVENUE, one of the landmarks in
– Close to the Hilton Hotel and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
ACTIVITIES (ON SITE AND NEARBY)
– RESTAURANTS: variety of restaurants, including the
famous SANBORN’S Casa de los Azulejos, where
Pancho Villa and Emiliano Zapata once sat nicely side by
side and had breakfast: we can only guess what they
talked about! ☺.
– SHOPPING: jewelries, antiques, libraries. Department
stores: Palacio de Hierro, Sears and Liverpool.
– BIKE RENTAL at the ALAMEDA CENTRAL.
Sunday mornings the area closes to car circulation until
2pm, so people can take to the streets on their bikes.
– ENTERTAINMENT: Live Theatre, Cinemas.
Palacio de Bellas Artes, Museo Nacional de Arte,
Museo del Estanquillo… impossible to list them all here! ☺
– Famous wrestling theater ARENA COLISEO.
– ART: Murals by Diego Rivera in the Ministry of Education.
– The “Tiempo Libre” (Time Out) magazine is full of
information on what to do in Mexico City.
– TOURIBUS – a must to get an idea of Mexico City. Stop in
front of the Monumento a Juárez, 5 minutes away.
As we say in Mexico: "Mi casa es su casa" (My home is your home), so relax, feel at home and enjoy your stay. I am an email away for any question you may have.
– No smoking (smoking is allowed in the patios, downstairs).
– Minimum age to rent: 21. Kids with parents are welcome.
– $200 USD refundable deposit at start of stay (eventual damages will be deducted).
"Mi casa es su casa" (My home is your home), so relax, feel at home and enjoy your stay. I am an email away for any question you may have.
Tanto el lugar como el departamento son excelentes o aún más que eso. El lugar, los edificios son modernos y cuentan con lugares comunes muy atractivos a más de una zona de gimnasio y alberca maravillosos. La alberca temperada es absolutamente recomendable. Se ha añadido un pequeño delicadez sen en la planta baja, muy práctico para compras de desayuno. Las puertas de acceso siempre bien guardadas dan sensación de seguridad.
El departamento en sí, amplio, bien iluminado, con dos dormitorios es bonito y cómodo! muebles y baños perfectos! Los dos sofás son muy cómodos y el ambiente junto al amplio ventanal muy acogedor. El menaje suficiente y la conexión wifi funciono sin problema alguno para todos nuestros aparatos. Como detalle al pie de la puerta hay unos paraguas muy prácticos si el día requiere su uso.
La zona, en el corazón del D. F. es magnífica sobre todo si se está en plan de turismo, el Palacio de Bellas Artes está a unas tre cuadras, la Alameda al frente y el Zocalo e incluso la plaza Garibaldi quedan a unas distancias perfectamente caminables.
De modo general y en todo sentido el lugar es recomendable, si tuviera que asignarle estrellas le daría 5 sobre 5 sin duda alguna.
Paulina's apartment was a great base for my daughters and me in our week visiting Mexico City. It's so conveniently located next to the Alameda and near tons of restaurants and the key public transportation links. The rooms are roomy and just as they show in the photos. After a long day sightseeing it was great to come back and hang out in the living room, having our own space to unwind in. We ate all our meals out but it would have been easy to cook in the kitchen. I really slept well in the bed in the master bedroom and my daughter who likes extra firm mattresses slept well on the one in the second bedroom. When we arrived, Paulina's sister met us, even though it was late Saturday night, and was very welcoming. All in all, a very good stay and an apartment I'd recommend to other travelers.
The apartment was great! Location was very central and made getting around the city very easy. Paulina and Gabriela were quick to answer any questions we had, both before the trip and during. The apartment is spartan, so I wouldn't plan on cooking too much, but with all the wonderful food just steps away, there's not much need to.
It was a pleasure to stay in Paulina ' s apartment. Her sister Gabriela was charming and very helpful. The location is amazing and an incredible value given the centrality to the historical center. The apartment itself was clean, easy to live in, and (this made us all happy) had great water pressure and tons of hot water in the showers. The layout of the apartment gave two couples complete privacy while affording pleasant communal areas in the living room and kitchen. Should probably mention that the security in the buiding is top notch, although we never felt even slightly unsafe walking around the city, even late at night. We did stay in areas that are known to be very safe, which was easy due to our location. Will definitely try to stay here again on our next trip to Mexico City.
This apartment was the perfect place to base ourselves for our five days in Mexico City. It was comfortable, well located (about a half hour taxi ride from the airport and two blocks away from the Juarez subway stop), and came with a ton of comforts and amenities that made going back after a long day thoroughly enjoyable. The apartment is also located across the street from the most delicious tacos we had in all of Mexico City, as an added bonus! We had the entire apartment all to ourselves, but the owners greeted us when we arrived (with a thorough tour of the building) and saw us off before our departure. I honestly cannot say enough positive things about our experience here!
Paulina's Condo is PERFECT! It is centrally located and is steps away from Balles Artes. The condo building itself is beautiful, modern and clean as well as secured 24 hrs a day! Gabriela, (Paulina's sister) met us in the lobby, showed us all the amenities and had the condo in perfect condition. It was a great welcome to Mexico City! We loved the central location, close to museums, restaurants, parks, metro stations and very walkable. We definitely will be back, thank you for a wonderful stay, Ladies!
About the Host, Paulina
Hi, I am a photographer/journalist, who loves to travel and appreciates a nice comfortable place to stay, so that is the idea behind my apartment: to offer a clean, luminous and open space for visitors to relax after exploring Mexico City. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask .
A Mexican institution! Pancho Villa and Emiliano Zapata once sat nicely side to side and had breakfast together: we can only guess what they talked about! ☺.Francisco I. Madero Mexico City Distrito Federal 06010
True fine Mexican food from colonial times. Highly recommended.Tacuba Mexico City Distrito Federal 06010