About this listing
Built by our grandpa in the 50's, this beautiful vacation spot is full of character and completely modernized. Winter or Summer, enjoy the real Muskoka! Incredibly easy to get too, yet off the beaten path. Right on the water with your own dock.
Originally built in the late 1950's, this beautiful vacation spot is full of character and completely modernized. Winter or Summer. Come and enjoy the real Muskoka without having to spend your getaway driving! Incredibly easy to get too, yet off the beaten path.
The cottage includes two buildings:
1) A large main cottage, with 3 bedrooms (two with queen beds and one with a double and a twin bed), 2 bathrooms (three piece with shower; two piece powder room), a family room with panoramic views of the lake and the outdoors and a spacious living/dining room for family movies and games. Amenities include a washer and dryer, fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, Star Choice HD TV with full channel line-up, a DVD player, an ipod compatible stereo system with wireless speakers, a 40-inch flat-screen in the living room and another 32-inch flat screen in the family room. and sit by the electric flame wood-stove. The couch can pull out as well to sleep another 1-2 in the main house if need be.
All linens,sheets, and towels are provided.
This building opens out onto a deck with Muskoka chairs and a patio table with chairs, as well as a large barbecue for all your grilling needs - great for cookouts when the weather permits!
The kitchen is fully equipped to handle your cottage cooking needs - there's plenty of pots and pans and cooking/serving dishes and small appliances including a blender, coffee maker, George Foreman grill, crock pot, electric kettle, 2 level vegetable/rice steamer and microwave. A large but basic spice rack, as well an extra-large fridge, stove and dishwasher. In the living area, an L-shaped sofa will seat half a dozen comfortably for movie nights, while the dining table will be host to many evenings of Trivial Pursuit or Monopoly. With a large selection of board games, fiction and non-fiction books, Classic old and modern DVDs, even rainy days are catered for. Enjoy explaining to the kids what VHS and audio tapes are; with a ghetto blaster and VCR available in our retro entertainment corner!
2) A bunkie, which is a great spot for teens in the family to hang out. This includes three sets of bunk beds (sleeping 6), a retro diner table & benches, couches, an ipod dock, and a large TV. This bunkie has a high chapel ceiling and real character! During winter months, if the bunkhouse is required, there is a slight additional charge due to heating costs.
3) A firepit
In the spring and summer, you'll definitely want to take advantage of the waterfront: some beautiful swimming and sunbathing off of the large dock. The Wawatousa Marina is just across the bay, so it's only a short walk to get an ice cream or a pop on those hot days! We have a canoe and kayak at your disposable with lifejackets and safety gear provided.
Muskoka in the winter is a special place, often missed by those who only look for the summer getaways.
In the winter enjoy peaceful walks through the woods, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and close proximity to great skiing at Mt. Louis/Moonstone, and a huge circuit of snowmobiling trails.
The cottage is located only an hour and forty minute drive from Toronto, so it's quick and easy to get to, and you won't spend half your vacation or weekend fighting traffic.
Also, full cell reception is no problem, and high-speed internet is coming soon!
Port Severn and Coldwater are close drives and offer premium dining/spa services, as well as classic 5 pin bowling. A full guide of the cottage and surrounding amenities will be sent to you upon booking.
During high season (July/August) we rent for a minimum of 7 nights, usually from Saturday to Saturday, but message us with any questions!
The cottage is located on Crooked Bay Road, about 8 mins north of Port Severn.
Please feel free to inquire about an early check-in or late check out. If we have no overlapping renters we are happy to offer a late afternoon/evening check-out on Sunday.
We can also accommodate special requests on certain occasions, Want wine and beer waiting for you? Need the place decorated for a birthday? We are open to special requests based on a case by case basis and happy to work with you to provide you with an amazing vacation.
A cleaning fee can be eliminated completely if you are interested in leaving the place as spic and span as you found it!
Canoe, Kayak, Lifejackets, Paddles
Interaction with Guests
I interact as much or as little as you'd like! Feel free to ask any questions you might have. I won't be present at the cottage during your stay, but will be available at all times.
Right on the water, right by the forest, less than two hours from Toronto and you are immersed in nature and peacefulness. In the summer, enjoy your own private dock and access to a canoe. In the winter, we are extremely close to most major ski hills, as well the extensive snowshoe/cross country trails of Wye Marsh.
The Ontario Northland Bus Service runs from Toronto to Port Severn twice a day.
Other Things to Note
Preference during high season will be given to longer reservations, I will try to get back to your request or question as quickly as possible!
1) Noise travels on water, so respectful speaking volumes after dark.
2) Lifejackets at all times while canoing or kayaking.
3) Observance of the area campfire status
4) Keep bottlecaps and glass out of the woods and water.
5) Watch either "The Lion King", or "Cool Runnings" on VHS. Preferably both.
From Jun 25 - Sep 3, 2016 the minimum stay is 7 nights.