Big sitting room with 2 bay windows, a space for eating, a space for sitting and a fully equipped kitchen (including dishwasher, toaster etc.). Plates, cutlery, cooking plates and supplies (salt, oil, vinegar, spices etc.) provided.
This flat is very high in demand. There is hence no use in writing me to ask for dates others than those displayed as "available" in the calendar. My calendar is up to date!
Bedroom with very comfortable bed for 2, another bay window and air conditioning.
Bathroom with bathtub, shower facilities, a toilet with waterjet.
10 sqm terrace with view over the Eastern Paris Skyline (Parc des Buttes Chaumont, Belleville, ...).
There is an elevator (flat on the 7th floor), and a doorman.
6 Metro, 3 rapid transit (RER B direct from both airports, D, E), and countless bus lines will take you to all sightseeing relevant places in Paris in less than half an hour.
Metro Stations near by: La Chapelle (line 2), Marx Dormoy (line 12), Stalingrad (line 5, line 7 and line 2), Gare du Nord (line 4, line 5, line 7), Louis Blanc (line 7b)
If you want to stay in the "real", multicultural Paris, and not in a museum-hotel for tourists, this is the place to be. You will find in a short walking distance everything you need: several supermarkets of all kinds (european, tamul, chinese, african ...) and in all price categories, most being open also on Sundays, bakeries, various bars and restaurants from 3€ snacks to 3 stars cuisine, an organic food store, 2 open air markets and 2 indoor markets... Some places our of many: (website hidden)
Some ideas for visiting, hanging out and people watching:
- Walk up to Sacre Cœur (see map above) – try to be there before 10 AM not to be trampelled by the crowds,– as a matter of fact the sooner the better - sunrise is worth it.
- Have a look what’s on in the « 104 », the contemporary art center. Cross the railway in front of the building (heading East) over the Northern bridge (rue Riquet), then take left for some meters. There is an organic market on Saturdays from 11 AM to 2 PM, and (free, open) Qi Gong on Saturdays and Sundays at 11 AM and 12 :15PM.
- Walk to the Parc des Buttes Chaumont – (email hidden) with views over the city, eg. for a picnic, description to walk there see below. If you are tired, you can also take the bus #60 to get there (stops near Metro Marx Dormoy, direction Gambetta, get off at Botzaris).
- Walk around « Little India » starting at the bottom of my building and continuing South of the #2 Metro Line (« La Chapelle ») – look around Rue Louis Blanc
- Take a look at « La Goutte d’Or » (African neighbourhood) – to go there cross the (main) Rue Marx Dormoy, cross the railway-line (heading West) and go ahead – walk around Rue Myhra, Metro Château Rouge. Look what's on in the Institut de Culture Islamique, and the Echo Musée de la Goutte d'Or.
- Walk over to the Bassin de la Villette and the Rotonde by Nicolas Ledoux– nice places to sit on a bench under trees or in cafés and restaurants. To go there, cross the railway line in front of the building (heading East) on either bridge, go ahead as you can to the East (after crossing the Avenue de Flandres) … and just care not to fall into the water ;-). Continue to the Parc des Buttes Chaumont through rue de Crimée (with the old bridge going up and down), if you want.
- Hang out around the « Canal St Martin » with all the (other) bobos. Walk to Metro Stalingrad, then head South along the waterfront (Western side).
If you are tired, take the bus # 65 instead (stops rue du Departement / rue Marx Dormoy) to Place de la République, there take the Rue du Faubourg du Temple heading East till you see the « Canal », then walk North.
You might be surprised by the pricing of this flat. As a matter of fact, it is (mainly) a flat rate to compensate for the "stress" of cleaning, preparing, changing the sheets, communication, organizing etc. Once I am through this, I almost don't mind how long you are going to stay.
Mille mercis à Mechthild d'avoir transformé une période de travail en un agréable séjour au goût de vacances :)
Je ne vais pas m'étendre, les photos parlent d'elles-même, son appartement est juste parfait, entièrement équipé et offrant une superbe vue sur paris.
Mechthild est une hôte de choix, très hospitalière et qui s'adapte aux contraintes de ses locataires.
Je vous recommande vivement cette location!
Tout a été parfait pendant mon séjour dans cet appartement!
We had such a wonderful stay in this apartment in Paris !! Fantastic location and fully equip home with everything you need to settle in. Super helpful information provided with brochures, books, maps etc. would definitely recommend to stay here. Thanks a million :)
Me is a wonderfully supportive host who has wonderful communication. The tastefully decorated top floor apartment was amazing for our three week stay, providing a quiet, beautiful oasis from the often busy city. For longer stays, Me's kitchen enabled cooking of simple, affordable meals and the neighborhood's authentic Indian restaurants were very tasty. The apartment is also very conveniently located to the metro, only a 5-10 minute walk away.
Excellent location only a 5-10min walk from the Metro so we were able to zip around the city to see the sights with ease.
The flat was on the 7th floor so well away from the street, beautiful to sit on the patio when the sun was shining. An excellent selection of herbs in the garden as well for when we cooked dinner.
A lovely stay, would highly recommend.
I spent 4 nights and days in this charming appartment
Met appartment is really peace inducing with white and green shades
The balcony is very nice, full of herbs, lots of aromatic ones she makes available for the guest
All contacts with her were easy : I really appreciated her approving my stay for a very last minute booking, less than 24h before arrival!
She managed to make everything go smooth
I had the good surprise to find a laptop available and connected to internet.
Her balcony is very well planted, and when in the bed, feels like resting in the garden thanks to the lemongrass right outside the window!
Also the building is very quiet
Getting off train at Max Dormoy station was better experience than at La Chapelle
I would definitely recommand her place for your stay in Paris
Petit appartement très bien fait qui correspond exactement à la description donnée sur le site.
Tout en étant situé paris "intramuros" cet appartement est très calme, sensation accentuée par le balcon fleuri.
Enjoyed my stay at the apartment. is well connected by bus. Apartment was clean and had a comfortable bed, important.
Nice view with balcony, used some fresh dill with Salamon dinner.
Would recommend is a good value.
Mechthild's flat is very nice (the terrace is great) and well situated in the neighbourhood of Montmartre area, in a quiet part, close to the metro and thus close to the downtown (even by bus). Lots of shops, restaurants and fast-foods.
Mechtild's apartment is great. It's ideally situated close to Montmartre, (email hidden), and very close to the best boulangerie in Paris (seriously - they've won both "Best Baguette" and "Best Croissant"). It also has a terrace, which really enhanced our experience. I will definitely try to stay at Mechtild's the next time I'm in Paris!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT