About this listing
A stylish top-floor apartment with 2 bedrooms and a balcony facing south, ideally located in the hip and popular Kalamaja district. Tallinn's trendiest bars and cafés are situated just a few minutes' walk away. Old Town is just 5 min walk away.
The apartment is housed in a stylish new building (built in 2012) and is composed of:
* two bedrooms - both with double-beds (140 and 120)
* large living room with a fireplace and a sunny balcony
* modern kitchen - fully equipped (including dishwasher)
* bathroom with shower, floor heating and washing machine
All rooms feature modern décor with Scandinavian furniture.
Private parking for one car is available FREE of charge! Parking area is situated on the ground floor and is closed for non-residents.
* Old Town: 5 min walk
* Central train station: 5 min walk
* Harbor: 5-7 min by taxi
* Airport: 20 min by taxi
* Supermarket: 2 min walk
* Market: 3 min walk
* Nearest café (Boheem): 2 min walk
* Tram stop (Telliskivi): 2 min walk
- High-speed wireless Internet is available in the whole apartment.
- In the living room you will find a comfortable sofa & a nice armchair. There is also a 46" LED TV with major international news channels, music channels and channels in English, German, French, Russian & Finnish. You will also have a very nice fireplace that you may use to create a cosy atmosphere.
- One of the bedrooms features 140 cm double-bed and the other bedroom has a smaller 120 cm double-bed. There is also an extra bed available.
- Kitchen is fully equipped with integrated refrigerator, dishwasher, oven & a stove. Cutlery, glasses, plates, coffeemakers etc are essentially available.
- The bathroom has a shower, toilet, hairdryer & a washing machine that you may use. There is also floor heating to make it extra comfortable.
- Iron, ironing board and drying rack are also available.
- Parking is available for one car in a gated courtyard FREE OF CHARGE.
Interaction with Guests
I enjoy hosting guests from all over the Globe and I try to meet as many as possible. As I work and live partly in Stockholm, I sometimes ask my very good friends to meet my guests. One of the is a local tour guide in Tallinn so loads of great local tips are guaranteed.
Kalamaja was recently chosen to "The 20 most hipster neighbourhoods in the world" by Skyscanner. The area is undoubtedly popular among locals, but has even received a lot of publicity in foreign media and therefore attracts many tourists. Even The New York Times has discovered the best places in Kalamaja. I recommend you to take a walk in this beautiful wooden house area with bohemian charm. Just some 50 meters from the apartment you will find one of the most popular Cafés - Boheem. Some 4 minutes walk away you will find Telliskivi Design District where you can enjoy Estonian design, take a glimpse of retro furniture or visit one of the nice restaurants (affordable prices and great food).
Some 50 meters from the apartment you will even find a tram stop (Telliskivi). Take a tram to discover the rest of beautiful Tallinn. I recommend you to take tram no 1 to Kadriorg. In this magnificent district you will find many parks and gardens, KUMU art museum (recognized as best museum in Europe in 2008) and the Presidential Palace.
The medieval Tallinn Old Town is just 5 min walk away. Take a walk to discover this best preserved medieval old town in Northern Europe with its churches, cosy cafés and restaurants, museums and the great city wall.
I will be delighted to give you more recommendations in order to plan your stay in Tallinn. In case I am not in Tallinn upon your arrival, you will be met by my friend who is a local guide in Tallinn so you will be taken care of!
In case you are not fluent in English, I also speak Swedish, Estonian and Russian.
- The apartment is situated very centrally, therefore you can easily access all main sights just by walking.
- The tram stop is around the corner, just some 2 min walk away.
- Taxi from the airport costs only some €10. I recommend Tallink or Tulika Taxi. I can always assist in ordering a cab for you whenever needed.
Other Things to Note
The apartment has central heating and is always comfortably warm throughout the year, you can also regulate the room temperature by yourself.
I have only had great experience with my international guests & I hope you will feel like home while staying at my place. I therefore appreciate if you:
- take off your shoes inside like all Estonians do
- only smoke on balcony
- are respectful towards my lovely neighbors and do not play loud music after 11PM