Spacious and bright 90m2 on a 5th floor, the penthouse is located close to the Plaza de Toros in a popular and humble neighborhood.
You are looking for an elegant and centric place to stay while enjoying sunny Alicante? You are reading the right listing.
Unlike first impressions in such neighborhood, the apartment combines an entirely reviewed and refurbished (2012) minimalist style and carefully selected tasteful objects.
From an elegant bright white tile floor, a contemporary design Foscarini "MITE" floor lamp, the wooden objects, an antique "Virgen enjaulada", to the subtle influence of Frida Kahlo, this place will transport you into a true modern Mediterranean stay.
Air conditioning in all rooms will help you to cool down on those hot summer days, and heating for some really seldom yet humid winters. Windows have double glass, blinds and insect screens.
- Master bedroom with a 150 x 200 cm queen size bed.
- Second bedroom with a 90 x 190 cm single twin size bed.
- Bathroom with shower and hot water, and a toilet.
- Large kitchen with sink, glass ceramic cooktop, eletric oven, microwave, fridge&freezer, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, all to allow you to explore Spanish recipes.
- Washing machine, and clothes iron with table.
- Spacious and bright living and dining room with XXL lounge sofa (could exceptionally host a 4th guest for a day or two upon agreement). Direct access to the terrace to enjoy your breakfast, or simply chill out for dinner while having the Castle of Santa Barbara as background.
- 32" TV with standard digital channels.
- WiFi high speed Internet access.
- iPhone 3 to 6 dock speakers with radio, line in jack 3.5mm
- Apple AirPlay music streaming
Pillows, towels and clean linen are provided for the week, spare is available for longer stays. If required, you can negotiate for additional weekly cleaning for longer stays directly with the helper.
Interaction with Guests
I can adapt to your check-in and out times, nevertheless arrivals at my place after 23:00 are subject to helper's availability and a fee of 20€. I do my best to receive you and hand the keys personally, in case I am abroad a trusted friend will meet you at the apartment or another agrees meeting point downtown.
Although Alicante is a rather small city with around 350.000 people, there are a lot of places to visit, things to do, good stuff to eat and especially to party.
You are located in the popular area of San Anton Bajo, at some steps from the Plaza de Toros (Bull fights), and 10 to 15 minutes walking downtown and where it all happens.
The apartment is well located, in a calm street yet at walking distance to downtown. You have several bus lines at three blocks distance might you wish to avoid the walk.
- Direct bus from the airport to Alicante passing at the "Mercado Central" halt is 20 minutes ride. From there either walk 10 minutes to the apartment, or another bus for 5 minutes to the apartment.
- Taxi from the airport to the apartment in Alicante for a 20 minutes ride (~25€).
Other Things to Note
I strongly appreciate my future guest to have at least one previous postive review and references on its profile.
Note: The penthouse is on a 5th floor without lift.
The Golden Rule is: Enjoy Your Stay!
In order to have a nice stay and let our neighbors love you, please observe some basic in-house rules:
- Strictly NO SMOKING inside the property, please use the terrace and respect my choice.
- Refrain from parties, music or other excessive noise after 1:00am.
- Absolutely no pets allowed, apologies for that.
- Keep house clean and tidy - you can do your own washing, and cleaning service can be requested.
- The flat has just been repainted, so please be careful to not to hit the walls with luggage.
- Please refrain from using provided quality shower towels for the beach; they get either lost or unusable afterwards
- Telephone bill is not included in your stay. Any calls are to be payed cash.
- The Host is not responsible for your valuables missing from the premises. In the unlikely case of theft (knock on wood!), it is your responsibility to file a report at the closest police station within 24 hours, and notify your host.
- Vandalism or missing objects in the apartment will be discounted from your security deposit.
- And finally, use and leave the flat as you would like to find it, and allow our next guest to enjoy their stay, too.
Fantastic apartment in a cool area. Hans was very helpful both before and during our stay. Best recommendations.
Since initiating contact until the very end of my stay, Hans was a wonderful host. Not only was he always available to help, he was communicative and gave me really good tips on Alicante. On my arrival the apartment was just what I expected: impecable, clean and very nice.
It is located in a very good spot, easy to get to and go from, walking or by bus. Unfortunately. during my stay the weather wasn't very good, which made it impossible for me to enjoy the terrace. But other than that, the apartment provided me with all I needed (stocked kitchen, laundry, heating, etc.) and made it easier for me to call it a "home away from home".
Our home away from home!
Hans was an amazing host, very attentive to our needs, extremely welcoming and polite. When we first arrived at the apartment we were greeted by Rocio as Hans was unable to be there but Rocio was equally as lovely, warm and welcoming.
The apartment is beautiful just as the pictures show. The terrace was amazing to lie in the sun and faces the direction of Santa Barbara castle. The neighbourhood is Spanish so you get a real sense of community. The central market is only a 10 minute walk and the seafront a further 5 minutes from the apartment, there is a supermarket only 5 minutes walk away.
Overall we had a wonderful stay and without a doubt would most definitely stay here again!!
We really loved the apartment... it's much brighter than most typical Spanish places and the sunny balcony is superb. Town is just 10 minutes' walk. And Hans was very attentive to our needs. Recommended.
Hans was very easy to communicate with and responded swiftly during both the booking process and our stay in Alicante. Hans wasn't around to meet us but his friend Rocio was and she also was available to respond to any queries we had, as well as organising a taxi back to the airport.
The apartment is wonderful and spacious and had everything we needed. The terrace is great and gets the sun most of the day. From the apartment it's a short walk down to the city centre. You can also walk in the other direction, passing bars and restaurants.
We'd definitely return to this apartment.
We really enjoyed our stay at Hans' penthouse Oasis. The location is very handy as it is only a 10 -15 minute walk to the old town, and a little further brings you to the beach. The decor is very stylish and contemporary and the huge terrace is fabulous. The penthouse is fully equipped with all you need during your stay. The cava left in the fridge was much appreciated upon arrival!! Hans is very easy to deal with and is quick to respond to any questions, check in and check out were no problem, he even kindly dropped is to the airport!
I have spent 2 weeks at the Oasis Penthouse for my vacations. The appartement looks excactly like the pictures, very spacious rooms, a modern flat, very clean, with a nice decoration, trendy and tasty. Fully equiped, High Tech and we realy appreciate the WI FI connection. The must of the Penthouse is the huge balcony with the view on the Santa Barbara Castle. You can lay on the sofa in the morning and having breackfast outside. Love the sofa in the big living room, so spacious and confortable. The flat is very well located, near the public transportations, the markets and only 15 minutes walk to the old town of Alicante and from the main beach. Our host has always been there for us, very attentionante (left some sweets, chocolat ans pastries in the fridge for us), careful and always there to assists us if needed. We could relied on him for help. It as been a real pleasure to stay at the penthouse and to meet Hans, our nice host. Can't wait to come back for my next holidays.
This host has 37 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I am a Stylish Backpacker, whether it makes me go through the channels of intangible web or a volcanic lake in the Philippines.
Exposure to foreign culture is the greatest education of all. Born in Argentina, my family adventure led us in the Netherlands and Brazil. Later, stung by the same fever it was Spain and then France I moved to, exploring more than 28 countries on this path.
Fluent in English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, can still recall some Dutch and now learning Chinese.