About this listing
RARE BEACH RENTAL, 10 steps to the sand w/Indoor Tiki Bar, outdoor patio w/picnic table and BBQ, ocean view, Deluxe bedding. WALK to cafes, bars, shops, canals, boardwalk, marina. QUIET, SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD. FREE Bicycles, Surf, Boogie & Skateboards, Beach Chairs, Wifi, TV, kids toys, and more!. Couples, families, groups & kids welcome. ONE-NIGHT STAYS PERMITTED for vacant dates in between booked dates. Check calendar and inquire for details. * SEE ALL 4 BEACH RENTALS at bottom of profile page
THIS UNIT EASILY SLEEPS: 2-10 persons VERY COMFORTABLY (families, groups, children & couples welcome). During winter and off season months we lower our rates substantially to accommodate couples and smaller groups. There is plenty of space for entertaining, storage for your suitcases and space for everyone to have their one private area. But it's also a great spot for couples or smaller groups during off-season months when rates are lower. The Tiki Bar includes 2 queen beds + 5 twin beds (or a king) + a comfy couch. I use only 100% cotton bedding and both fluffy & firm pillows because I know the importance of a good night's sleep. Our fine bed sheets are pressed like a hotel room and every nook and cranny is meticulously cleaned. Located on the second floor, our new double-pane windows and blackout window shades in the bedrooms make the unit nearly soundproof and climate controlled for a great night's sleep. Plug outlets next to each bed make it easy to charge your cel phones and tablets at night.
FREE WIFI, PARKING, BICYCLES, SURF & BOOGIE BOARDS, WETSUITS, BEACH CHAIRS, SKATEBOARDS, PADDLE TENNIS, ROLLERBLADES & LOTS OF BEACH TOYS FOR ALL AGES, BATH & BEACH TOWELS, BODY SOAP, SHAMPOO & CONDITIONERS, PAPER TOWEL & TOILET PAPER and more!
The TIKI BAR makes everyone smile and remember to relax and have some fun. The unit also includes new hard wood floors, vintage surf & beach pictures, a cozy couch, a fluffy area rug, a papassan chair, huge TV , wireless internet + cable, games, books and toys for kids. THE FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN includes New pots & pans and lots of other cooking utensils, 3 coffee makers (French Press, cappuccino or pod), tea kettle (and a COMPLIMENTARY organic coffee, teas, sweeteners and bottled water to get you started your first day. You will also find paper towel, trash bags and cleaning supplies.
IN THE BATHROOMS you will find: Bath and Beach towels (enough for each person in your group), shampoo, conditioner, body wash and extra toilet paper.
CLIMATE-CONTROLLED & QUIET: Dual pane windows keep the unit very quiet. Ocean breezes will keep you cool and rock you to sleep but each bedroom also has a large fan (the front bedroom has two, one on the ceiling and one on the floor) and central heat for the occasional chilly night. The climate in southern California is VERY DRY. This means we have very LOW HUMIDITY at the beach. You will rarely feel the heat or sweat in the summer or feel the cold in the winter. Our climate is ideal all year around and yes you can be sunbathing in your bikini on the beach in January! This unit is located on the 2nd floor. We do not have an elevator so you just climb one flight of stairs.
HOME MANUAL & GUEST GUIDE BOOK (made exclusively by your host, a long time local of the area) that includes a local's perspective on the best RESTAURANTS, SHOPPING, ACTIVITIES, SIGHTSEEING and special sections for "KIDS" (highlights activities for kids of all ages and Babysitting and Chaperoning services available), and the other section is a "NATURAL HEALTH & WELLNESS" section that features the areas top health food restaurants, grocery stores, massage spas and holistic practitioners. If you're looking to get healthy California is the place and your host can point you in the right direction.
PEACEFUL & SAFE LOCATION: This is a PEACEFUL PARADISE AT THE BEACH in Marina del Rey, (Venice adjacent 3 blocks). Quiet, safe area located across from the beach. Ocean view, deluxe bedding, outdoor patio w/dining table & BBQ. Families, kids, and groups are welcome. WALK to cafes, bars, shops, Venice Canals, Venice Boardwalk, boat marina.
YOUR HOST Aunt Betty resides just across the street. Don't hesitate to contact her if you have any questions (such as the best restaurants to go to, where to take a surf lesson, how to get to Abbot Kinney shopping or any other question about the area). Aunt Betty will text or call you to check in on you from time to time to ensure you have everything you need and I may drop by (with prior notice) to perform maintenance or replenish cleaning supplies when needed. Other than that you will have all the privacy you need and I aim to provide you with the best rental experience possible.
LATE CHECK-IN NO PROBLEM. You may check in ANYTIME after 3:00 pm. The keys will be left in a "secret spot" but please let me know when to expect your arrival so I can give you a quick tutorial of the property and answer any questions you might have. I also include a very detailed guide book/home manual with WIFI passwords, info on the operations of the apartment, maps of the area and a list of things to see and do. This is your private apartment, very quiet and cozy so we do ask that respect our peaceful neighborhood and keep noise to a minimum after 10pm. Children are definitely welcome if supervised and are included as the total number of persons. They are NOT free.
Interaction with guests
PLEASE INSTALL THE AIRBNB APP TO YOUR PHONE, TURN "ON" MESSAGE ALERTS & GO TO YOUR INBOX FOR CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS & ALL COMMUNICATIONS. Note: Text message alerts on display first few lines of entire text. You MUST go into the website and log into your account to read entire length of text. I live across the street so please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about anything or simply want to know the best restaurants to go to, where to take a surf lesson, how to get to Abbot Kinney shopping or any other question about the area. I am a long time resident of the area, a "people lover" and "people pleaser" so I am here to answer all of your questions. I take a lot of pride in my rental and want your stay to be the best it can possibly be. I will text or call you to check in on you from time to time to ensure you have everything you need. I aim to provide you with the best rental experience possible.. I try to meet and greet my guests when they arrive (schedules permitting) and give a quick tutorial of the space but once that's done I give you as much privacy as possible. I reside across the street and am around if you have any questions, need anything or simply want to know the best restaurants to go to, where to take a surf lesson, how to get to Abbot Kinney shopping or any other question about the area. I am a long time resident of the area, a "people lover" and "people pleaser" and a full time host-concierge for you. I take a lot of pride in my rental and wants your stay to be the best it can possibly be and try to provide you with the best rental experience possible.
Other things to note
* PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY: Document your special vacation or event with beautiful, professional images from an award-winning portrait photographer and author of 3 photography portrait books
- PORTRAIT: Single group photo: $75
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTO SESSION: $375
The session takes approx 45 min to shoot in and around the beach area of the house and include 250 custom, digitally retouched, high-resolution files.
- EVENTS: Weddings or other events please inquire for pricing.
* GIFT SHOP: See our new gift shop items such as Paradise Bed spray, Paradise Coffee Mix, Coffee Mugs, Bamboo Picture frames and more.....
CHECK OUT THE NEW AIRBNB "EXPERIENCES" if you're looking for unique things to see and do!
* 1-NIGHT BOOKINGS ARE PERMITTED FOR SELECT DATES ONLY. PLEASE INQUIRE FIRST BEFORE BOOKING OR RISK CANCELLATION OF YOUR RESERVATION WITHOUT REFUND.
* YOU MUST BE AGE 21 OR OLDER TO RENT THIS SPACE ROOM.
* YOU MUST SPEAK ENGLISH WELL ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THE HOUSE RULES & CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS & PHONE POLICE FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS.
* Please DOWNLOAD THE AIRBNB APP TO YOUR PHONE. All communication will be done through the online messaging system. NOTE: the text message alerts only display first few lines of entire message. YOU MUST GO TO WEBSITE (Or app) TO READ ENTIRE MESSAGE.
* NO NOISE AFTER 10pm: The noise ordinance is strict in our community so if you are a larger group and want to drink and have fun please walk 3 blocks to the bars on Washington after 10pm at night as there are many neighbors who work early in the morning and need their sleep. Please be very quiet when you return.
* SMOKING IS PERMITTED ON OUTSIDE PATIO ONLY PROVIDING YOU USE AN ASHTRAY AND CLEAN UP YOUR CIGRATTTE BUTTS!
* CHILDREN ARE COUNTED AS PAID GUEST AND JUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR RESERVATIPON HEAD COUNT. CHILDREN ARE NOT FREE. We provide a pack-play sleeping crib and 2 high chairs but use at your own risk. The unit is located on the second floor so children must be monitored, especially when near the exterior staircase. The home is not entirely " child proof" .
* Check-IN time is ANYTIME AFTER 3:00 pm but please notify me of your arrival time.
*Check-OUT time: ANYTIME BEFORE 11:00am , However, these times "may" be adjusted depending on the incoming and outgoing of other guests. We may provide space for you to store your luggage prior or after check-in or check-out if you have early or late flights. Please inquire. If you arrive after 3:00pm a key will be left for you in a special spot. Please inquire with your host.
* NO ADDITIONAL "UNPAID" OVERNIGHT GUESTS without permission and add'l fees of $25 per person per night FOR THE FULL DURATION OF YOUR RESERVATION (regardless of how many nights these additional guests stay). THIS INCLUDES CHILDREN. * WARNING: Due to the chronic issue of guests "sneaking" in additional guests without paying we regret to enforce that if you do not report your additional guests you will forfeit your deposit. Our discounted rates are based on the number of beds our cleaning people must clean. More people means more utilities, more laundry, more water, more cleaning supplies, more toilet paper, coffee etc… and we must pay our cleaning service more. Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.
* REFUND POLICY: Unlike other hosts we try our best to assist you with cancellations should that be necessary and reduce the amount of loss on both of our parts. Should you need to cancel your reservation we will make the dates available for others to book. If we are successful in rebooking your dates we will offer you a refund of equal or lesser value depending on the rental rate we are able to attain, less a $100 inconvenience fee. If we are unable to rebook your dates our cancellation policies will apply.
* DO NOT PARK ANYPLACE ELSE OTHER THAN WHERE INSTRUCTED OR YOUR CAR IS AT RISK OF GETTING TOWED BY ANOTHER NEIGHBOR. Your parking space is located in the front of building in the first parking space next to the staircase with the sign that reads: Private parking Unit 3.
* ABSOLUTELY NO CANDLES ANYWHERE IN OR AROUND THE UNIT.
* DISCLAIMER: USE OF SPORTING GOODS: PLEASE NOTE: By You (and all members of your party) agree to use the supplied sporting goods (surfboards, boogie boards, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, paddle tennis or any other sporting items) at your own risk and hold the owner, host and building manager 100% harmless against any injuries that might occur by the use of these items. If you do not know how to surf it is highly advised that you take a lesson from a certified surf instructor. Surfing is far more challenging than it looks. Please use caution when playing in the ocean. Enjoy but be Safe!u
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 631 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Im a SUPER HOST & CO HOST and I LOVE what I do!! I'm a true "'people person" and enjoy meeting different people from different parts of the world. I take A LOT of pride in hosting and despite having hosted more than 600 guests, I treat each guest as if they were my first and only. Hosting and designing unique rentals is my full time job, and I want everything to be perfect so my guests can have an amazing stay no matter how long they stay! I try to think of every detail and every thing you might want and my guests always enjoy my little gifts and surprises. I custom designed my rental with my trademark tropical, bamboo flair and a comfy, fun, peaceful environment. I love to pamper my guests in any way possible. My rental is turn-key with all the amenities you might desire and every nook and cranny is meticulously cleaned so expect something resembling a 5-star resort. I use only top quality pillows, 100% cotton bedding and deluxe mattresses because I assume everyone is as finicky as I am. You'll sleep like a rock and thats what life is all about.
I'm an active, healthy, middle-aged woman and I love to surf, hike and bike. I'm well-traveled, speak two languages and have spent many years living abroad. I'm an open-minded, accepting, free-spirited lady who welcomes ALL people of all races, cultures or sexual orientation. Just be happy!! (no grumpy people allowed. LOL). I value your privacy so I never pry or ask questions. Come and go as you please but if you have questions about anything don't hesitate to ask me. I enjoy sharing my knowledge of the area and my passion for the California culture. I'll definitely point you in the right direction for the best restaurants, where to get a pedicure or a massage, shopping, surf lessons and must-see locals spots. I want to make sure you feel ABSOLUTELY AT HOME and have all the ideal comforts one would want during your stay. This is a very unique and special place with a beautiful interior and lots of amenities so I am seeking respectful renters who honor and cherish it as much as I do.
I have 4 rentals to choose from. Two are private units and two are bedrooms in a shared home.
* BAMBOO BEACH HUT w/TIKI BAR & PATIO: Sleeps up to 4 persons with 1 queen and 2 twin beds.
* BEACH TIKI BAR + BIKES + SURFBOARDS: Sleeps 6-10 persons with 2 queen beds, 5 twins and 1 couch.
* BEACH TIKI BAR, OCEAN VU + BIKES
Sleeps 2-4 pers. This is the same rental as the listing above but during off season or when we've had a last minute cancellation we rent out one bedroom + 1 bath at a discounted rate.
* BEACHFRONT BEDROOM SUITE+ PRVT BATH: Sleeps up to 3 person with 1 queen bed + 1 twin bed. This is a private bedroom in a shared home.
* OCEANFRONT BEDROOM +PRIVATE BALCONY:
Sleeps up to 3 person with 1 queen bed + 1 twin bed. This is a private bedroom in a shared home.