About this listing
Whether you're here for business or pleasure, my home is perfect for you! My beautiful home is great for entertaining and relaxing! I am close to all Louisville has to offer - downtown, U of L, Zoo, The Highlands and more!
- Walking distance to great local bars, restaurants, grocery, wine & spirits shop, salons, antique mall, and more!
- 1 mile from Interstate 65
- 1.5 miles from the vibrant Highlands neighborhoods (Bardstown Rd).
- 2 miles from the Louisville Zoo
- 2 miles from U of L
- 2 miles from Kentucky Expo Center / Fairgrounds
- 2 miles from Louisville’s 4th Street Live
- 3 miles from SDF (Louisville Airport)
- 3 miles from Waterfront Park, Slugger Field, YUM Center, and many other downtown attractions.
- 3 miles from historic Churchill Downs
- 2 Bedrooms (2 Queen beds)
- 1 Futon (sleeps two)
- 1 Sectional (sleeps two)
- 1 Full bath
- Huge Living Room w/42" flat panel TV, DVD Player
- Large Dining Room with seating for (6)
- Gas Stove/Oven
- Coffee maker
- Bose Mini Soundlink dock
- 1-car garage (additional street parking available)
- High-efficiency washer & dryer
- Large fenced-in backyard (pets welcome)
- Gas grill
- Central A/C, heat
My home is yours! Please make yourself at home and use whatever we have available for you (see list above).
Interaction with Guests
I will not be present when you are staying. I may be in town to greet you and give you the key.
My neighborhood is safe, cozy, and charming. I am so close to everything Louisville has to offer. I am within walking distance to bars and restaurants like Four Pegs Beer Lounge! I am also close to local parks and the zoo.
There is a bus stop at Texas and Mulberry (#43 bus runs about every 30 minutes and will take you straight downtown.)
Other Things to Note
I have 4 hens that lay eggs everyday, so you'll have fresh eggs for breakfast each morning!
- Lock all doors when leaving (front, side, sliding glass).
- Close and lock all windows when leaving
- No smoking inside. If you do wish to smoke, dispose of butts in GREEN ashtrays located on front and back porches.
- Please be courteous to neighbors by keeping noise to a reasonable level after 10pm
Jeff was easy to work with and helpful prior to our trip with some tips on the area and restaurants as well as when we arrived making sure we had what we needed for our weekend at his place. The house is accurate with description/pics - beds were comfy, house was clean and great space for four of us to share. If I'm coming back to Louisville, I would definitely stay here again. Thanks Jeff!
Jeff was the perfect host for us - he contacted me a few times prior to arrival to make sure our check in would go smoothly and that we would have everything we needed. We even had a request that Jeff was able to take care of immediately.
The place itself was clean an spacious. It was the perfect home base for our trip to Louisville and the surrounding areas. Thanks!
Jeff was fantastic, answered all of my questions via email and text lighting fast. The house itself was wonderful, boasting that quaint cottage feel with some modern updates. The house was very clean and cozy. My father and I felt very much at home. Look forward to staying there next year! Keep up the good work Jeff!
My second stay at Jeffs house was just as lovely as my first. It is my new home away from home for my Louisville trips!
This was our second time staying here. Once again, we were very pleased by the whole experience. Jeff was a perfect host. The house is quite charming and relaxed. The chickens in the back yard are fun to sit and look at. We forgot to bring our Scrabble board, but then found that Jeff had that, and many more games, available inside the footrest/chest in the living room -- very nice.
We had a great experience at Jeff's house - everything was as advertised and expected. Location was convenient for seeing all of the different neighborhoods around Louisville and there were several restaurants and bars within walking distance which was great. Jeff was easy to communicate with and very accommodating. Just one FYI - chickens don't lay eggs in winter!
Jeff went over and above as a host which was much appreciated. He was very responsive throughout the entire process. His place was nice and is just a short drive to downtown. We accidentally lost the keys and Jeff came to a work reception to drop off a spare set - what service!
About the Host, Jeff
Hi, I'm Jeff. I love Jesus. I like bourbon, running, cycling, Mexican, group exercise, snowboarding, personal finance, neighborhood engagement, real estate, good beer, meeting new people, and spending time with friends. I am originally from Michigan, but now consider Louisville "home".