About this listing
Whether you're coming for business or pleasure, my home is perfect for you! It's great for entertaining and relaxing!
Why choose "The Hen House"? Well, I have 6 free range chickens who are endlessly entertaining and lay plenty of pretty eggs! :)
Dog owners, let me know if you have questions!
- Walking distance to great local bars, restaurants, grocery, wine & spirits shop, salons, antique mall, and more!
- 1 mile from Interstate 65
- 1.5 miles from the vibrant Highlands neighborhoods (Bardstown Rd).
- 2 miles from the Louisville Zoo
- 2 miles from U of L
- 2 miles from Kentucky Expo Center / Fairgrounds
- 2 miles from Louisville's 4th Street Live
- 3 miles from SDF (Louisville Airport)
- 3 miles from Waterfront Park, Slugger Field, YUM Center, and many other downtown attractions.
- 3 miles from historic Churchill Downs
- 2 Bedrooms (2 Queen beds)
- 1 Futon (sleeps two)
- 1 Sectional (sleeps two)
- 1 Full bath
- Huge Living Room w/42" flat panel TV, DVD Player
- Large Dining Room with seating for (6)
- Gas Stove/Oven
- Coffee maker
- Bluetooth speaker
- 1-car garage (additional street parking available)
- High-efficiency washer & dryer
- Large fenced-in backyard (pets welcome)
- Gas grill
- Central A/C, heat
My home is yours! Please make yourself at home and use whatever we have available for you (see list above).
Interaction with Guests
I will not be present when you are staying. I may be in town to greet you and give you the key.
My neighborhood is safe, cozy, and charming. I am so close to everything Louisville has to offer. I am within walking distance to bars and restaurants like Monnik, Check's Cafe, The Post, Eiderdown, Finn's Kitchen, and Four Pegs Beer Lounge! I am also close to local parks and the zoo.
There is a bus stop at Texas and Mulberry (#43 bus runs about every 30 minutes and will take you straight downtown.)
Other Things to Note
As mentioned, I have 6 hens. Assuming it's not the dead of winter and they are not "molting", I'll do my best to ensure there are fresh eggs on hand.
If you'd prefer a different location in Louisville, I have another listing over in the Highlands: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9834519
- Lock all doors when leaving (front, side, sliding glass).
- Close and lock all windows when leaving
- No smoking inside. If you do wish to smoke, dispose of butts in GREEN ashtrays located on front and back porches.
- Please be courteous to neighbors by keeping noise to a reasonable level after 10pm
Hi, I'm Jeff. I've been an Airbnb host for almost 5 years and am passionate about it! I love Jesus and my wife. I like bourbon, real estate, trail running, cycling, group exercise, snowboarding, household budgeting, neighborhood engagement, good beer, traveling, meeting new people, and spending time with close friends.