The Little House on Howard Street is a historic 1923 house that has been completely rebuilt to take full advantage of its unique size. This cozy nest of 280 square feet was built as a stand-alone house and is now the perfect place to spend the week in Pasadena for a single traveler or couple.
Inspired by the “compact” house movement that has taken shape over recent years, the Little House on Howard Street offers an excellent example of efficiency and elegance. Stylishly furnished with modern and traditional craftsman furniture and art, it is the perfect alternative to a hotel. The neighborhood is quiet and pleasant for walking, and it is a five-minute drive to all that Pasadena has to offer – world-class museums, outstanding colleges and universities, top-rated restaurants and shopping, historic Old Town, hiking and other outdoor activities, and the Rose Bowl.
The house has a newly rebuilt kitchen with a two burner gas stove, small refrigerator, combination microwave/convection oven for roasting and baking, coffee maker, toaster, and a reverse osmosis water filter for drinking water. We also offer WiFi, cable television, combination washer/dryer, air conditioning/heater, peaceful covered deck, and the privacy of staying in your own house.
The Little House on Howard Street is less than 15 miles from Downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood, and Burbank, which can all be accessed by easy connections with the Metro Gold Line or by freeway, one of which is the newly restored historic Arroyo Parkway, the nation’s first freeway.
Owners Todd and Liz purchased this house in 2006. Todd spent his childhood a few blocks away and was always fascinated by this unique house. Shortly after he bought it, he got married and he and his wife decided to completely renovate the house and create a lovely, cozy vacation rental. Todd is the owner/operator of Hughes Estate Sales, an antique, art, and fine furnishings liquidation service, and his wife, Liz, is a filmmaker and non-profit consultant.
See up to date calendar at our Vacation Rental By Owner ((website hidden)) listing 374081.
Full refund less $200 cancellation fee upon 60 days advance written notice. Entire stay, less cleaning fee and parking permit, is non-refundable if canceled within 60 days of arrival.
1. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
2. Smoking is not allowed in the property.
3. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
4. Only use appliances for their intended uses
5. Parking: There is only street parking. Pasadena requires a permit for overnight parking and will ticket cars without permits. On request, we can purchase a permit for you and leave it at the rental unit with the key. You can purchase additional permits at a kiosk at: Fire Station #33 located at 515 N. Lake Ave, three blocks south of Orange Grove Blvd. Temporary overnight parking exemption is $3 per night, per vehicle. You may purchase consecutive nights (up to a maximum of 10 nights) at a time. The kiosks accept coins; $1, $5, and $10 bills; and will take most major credit cards including bank debit cards that display the Visa or MasterCard logo.
6. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
C'est une très jolie petite maison. Mais je pense qu'elle convient aux personnes qui ont une voiture et qui veulent vadrouiller toute la journée, ce qui n'était pas mon cas. Cela dit, super propre et tout ce dont on a besoin est là. J'ai beaucoup apprécié le patio. Le magasin est à 5mn à pied de la maison. On trouve vraiment tout ce qu'on veut sauf ce qui est frais. Bonne expérience, pas déçu du tout.
Owner Todd Hughes purchased this house in 2006. He spent his childhood a few blocks away and was always fascinated by this unique house. Shortly after he bought it, he got married and he and his wife, Liz, decided to completely renovate the house and create a lovely, cozy vacation rental. Todd is the owner/operator of Hughes Estate Sales, an antique, art, and fine furnishings liquidation service, and Liz is a filmmaker and non-profit consultant.