15 mins transit Dublin city, beach, Aviva Stadium, RDS, Inter-Continental, Bord Gais Theatre, 3 Arena, UCD, Trinity College. Wifi & use of bike. Well served by public transport buses and Dart within 5 mins walk. Bus 1, 3, 4, 7, 45, Aircoach 100m.
This space would suit someone who is clean and tidy and values cleanliness as much as I do. The house is less than 5km from Dublin city centre with bus stops and dart(train) 5 - 9 mins walk from the house. Single room in luxury family home, room has 1 double wardrobe, desk, chair, lamp, 2 bedside lockers
You can borrow a very snappy 17" Windows 7 HP laptop to watch movies in your bedroom if you mention it in advance. Good wifi too.
Gated community so very safe and secure. Beautiful Sandymount strand is 50m from the house and provides miles of beautiful beach and Irishtown nature trail walks. 15 minute cycle to city centre and use of bike included.
Airport 15kms: Aircoach leaves airport main doors every hour and stops 100 m from my front door €16 return/€10 one way.
Taxi from airport taxi rank cost between €35/€40 euro.
If I'm available I can collect you for €25!
Use of Kitchen to prepare food, use one shelf in fridge, toaster, use of kettle and microwave but no hob or oven cooking. Washing machine can be used for €5.00 but no indoor drying facilities for clothes must be hung outdoors on clothes line.
Hairdryer available too and hair straighteners.
Interaction with Guests
I'm a busy parent so you may not see much of me but I'm very happy to help with local information or any queries you might have.
Sandymount is a quaint little village full of fabulous restaurants and bars, supermarkets, hairdressers, post office, pharmacies, in fact everything you'd ever need for a short short vacation within walking distance. It's 5km from Dublin city centre and is well served with buses and the local train service (Dart). 15 minute cycle along the beach road to town, with wonderful views along the way. Guest are welcome to use a Giant mens bicycle and lock for the duration.
Lots of buses and trains (Dart) is 5 minute walk away and bus stops 5 and 8 minutes walk from the house. Sydney Parade Dart station is an 8 minute walk. Trains every 10 or 15 mins to city centre. Bus number 1, 3, 4, 7, and 45 all serving Dublin city centre and within an 8 mins walk of house.
Other Things to Note
The room is at the top of the house, well away from the hustle and bustle of family life, which takes place mostly 2 floors below the bedrooms in the basement. The basement is 15m x 5 m and is a kitchen/cum diner/cum lounge and tv room, all open plan with sliding doors to a sunny south facing patio and small garden. Smoking allowed outdoors only. I don't make breakfast but you're free to have tea/coffee/orange juice, toast or bagels, butter and jam.
A puggle and a chihuahua called Tikki and Toffee live in the basement of the house ie kitchen area and are not allowed roam upstairs at all. They bark at strangers at first but will lick you to death once you lower your hand for them to sniff and say hello! We also have a burmese house cat called Casper who is also extremely affectionate and friendly.
- Check-in time 3pm, check-out time 11am.
- No unauthorised guests to be brought to the house, failure to observe this rule will result in immediate termination of your stay.
- Please, no shoes in the house in winter time or when shoes are wet or mucky.
- Power shower so please limit showers to 10 minutes so tank isn't emptied for the other family members - this must be strictly observed please!
- Please shower before 10pm at night as the pump is loud and can disturb others who maybe sleeping.
- There is no supplement or charge for cleaning so please leave the kitchen and bathroom as you find them. No need to make the bed before leaving.
- Please do not leave dirty dishes in the sink, or on the drainer, please scrape all excess food off plates then rinse clean before placing them in the dishwasher. This is to prevent smells as dishwasher might not be run for 2 days.
- Quiet times between 9pm and 6am.
- Please do not throw pads or tampons in the toilet bowl use the bin please, toilet will overflow if this happens,
- Absolutely no smoking indoors.
- Please switch off the lights and other appliances when you leave the room. The lower the bills are kept the lower the room rate can be kept! If porch light is left on for you at night please turn it off when you arrive home.
- At check-in, a front door key will be given to you so you have the freedom to come and go as you please. Lost keys will be subject to a €200 charge as entire locking system has to be replaced.
- When you enter the house the door doesn’t automatically lock behind you, to lock it, you must lift the handle once, let it drop and then turn the knob under the handle to lock it. Again PLEASE check its locked before walking away by trying the handle.
- To lock the front door on entering lift handle, let it drop then turn the knob beneath the handle to lock.
- Always set the house alarm if you are last to leave.
-No food or hot drinks in the bedroom please, you can use the kitchen. Water is fine.
-Breakfast will be provided for you to prepare yourself that includes toast or bagels, cereal, tea or coffee, butter and jam. If you want to buy groceries you can store on a shelf in a fridge separate to family fridge in the kitchen.
- Kitchen is for use of the family but can be used for breakfast up to 11 am and to prepare food, with use of fridge, toaster, kettle and microwave but no oven or hob cooking.
-Washing machine can be used for €5.00. No drying facilities just outdoor clothes line.
- Do not circulate in the house without proper attire e.g. no towel or underwear after using the shower please pyjamas are fine!
- €150 charge if bike is stolen.
-ALWAYS LOCK FRONT DOOR WITH KEY from outside WHEN LEAVING the house :-)
Easy to find great location immaculate house Karen was very friendly and welcoming. The airport bus stop was very close by,the dart stop to go into the city centre a 5 minute walk away, although I actually took my car and was able to park safely outside the house. The room itself was very clean and comfortable and I was sorry to say goodbye, I feel I made a real friend in Karen and hope to see her again.
I had a lovely stay at Karen's house. She was very welcoming and made sure I was happy with everything, comfortable and knew where I was going.
The room was as described, spacious, bright and very warm. The house was really nice and tidy.
It is a great place to stay and I will definitely stay there if I'm in Dublin again :-)
The listing was very accurate, everything was just as described. Karen was very warm, easy to get in touch with, and super attentive. Her dogs are adorable! The bed was very comfortable and the room had a lot of natural light which was great for resetting jet lag. I appreciated the guides and pamphlets she provided as well. Thanks, Karen!
Living at Karen´s Home was great! The house was really nice, very clean an extremlly well organised and confortable, bedrooms were really cosy and the atmosphere was very nice!!
Karen was very nice and communicative and always gve useful tips of the city and surrendings!! And the atmosphere at the house made me feel always confortable!!!
Karen is extremely gracious, fun, energetic and hospitable. The neighborhood is near the water and makes for a beautiful walk into Dublin City Center. I did it twice while I was visiting and really enjoyed the beautiful scenery and peaceful surroundings. The house is beautiful and my room was great, it felt bigger than the photograph.
Karen was a wonderful host. Her home was very clean and exactly as it was described online. She was incredibly friendly and helped my time in Dublin to be really pleasurable!
This host has 7 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews