About this listing
15 mins transit Dublin city, beach, Aviva Stadium, RDS, Inter-Continental, Bord Gais Theatre, 3 Arena, UCD, Trinity College, . Great Wifi & use of bike. Well served by public transport buses and Dart within 5 mins walk. Bus 1, 3, 4, 7, 45, Aircoach 100m - takes you directly to Airport main entrance.
This space would suit someone who is clean and tidy and values cleanliness as much as I do. The house is less than 5km from Dublin city centre with bus stops and dart(train) 5 - 9 mins walk from the house. Single room with double bed (single occupancy only) in luxury family home, room has 1 double wardrobe, desk, chair, lamp, 2 bedside lockers. Good wifi too.
Gated community so very safe and secure. Beautiful Sandymount strand is 50m from the house and provides miles of beautiful beach and Irishtown nature trail walks. 15 minute cycle to city centre and use of bike included if requested in advance.
Airport 15kms: Aircoach leaves airport main doors every hour and stops 100 m from the front door €16 return/€10 one way.
If I'm available I can collect you for €30.
Access to kitchen to eat breakfast before 10 am, (complimentary tea/coffee) bathroom and garden.
Hairdryer available and hair straighteners too - please message me in advance to request. Please wash and put away any dishes used for breakfast - there's no charge for cleaning
Interaction with guests
I'm a busy parent so you may not see much of me but I'm very happy to help with local information or any queries you might have. Therefore only competent, capable, well organised travellers please. Please wash and put away any dishes in the kithcne.
Other things to note
The room is at the top of the house, 2 full floors up from the kitchen and well away from the hustle and bustle of family life, which takes place mostly 2 floors below the bedrooms in the basement. This room wouldn't suit anybody with mobility issues. The basement is 15m x 5 m and is a kitchen/cum diner/cum lounge and tv room, all open plan with sliding doors to a sunny south facing patio and small garden. Smoking allowed outdoors only. I don't make breakfast but you're free to have complimentary tea/coffee up until 10 am ONLY in the kitchen. No use of kitchen after 10 am or any other time. You can use a shelf in the fridge to store foodstuffs you require.
A puggle and a chihuahua called Tikki and Toffee live in the basement of the house ie kitchen area and are not allowed roam upstairs at all. They bark at strangers at first but will lick you to death once you lower your hand for them to sniff and say hello! We also have a burmese house cat called Casper who is also extremely affectionate and friendly.
- Check-in time 3pm, check-out time 10.30am.
- No kitchen access except for preparing guests own supplies for breakfast before 10am only. There are no cooking facilities. Space in fridge for guests supplies.
- NO FOOD OR DRINKS IN THE BEDROOMS PLEASE. Water is fine.
- No un-authorised guests to be brought to the house, failure to observe this rule will result in immediate termination of your stay.
- Please, no shoes in the house. Please bring slippers or use crocs provided.
- Power shower so please limit showers to 10 minutes maximum so tank isn't emptied for the other family members - this must be strictly observed please! Please don't leave towels in the bathroom there's a hook behind wall on bedroom door for them. Please don't put damp towels on the wall-hung radiators in the bathroom - they're not towel warmers, they are just standard rads.
- Please shower before 11 pm at night as the pump is loud and can disturb others who maybe sleeping.
- Please leave the kitchen and bathroom as you find them and remember others may be waiting :-). You will share a full bathroom with one other. No need to make the bed before leaving.
- After preparing your breakfast or having tea or coffee (I provide complementary tea and coffee) please do not leave your dishes in the sink, or on the drainer, please rinse them clean before placing them in the dishwasher, if the dishwasher is full or not emptied please wash them and put them away yourself. There's a basin in the sink for this and washing up liquid under the sink.
- Treat my home as you would your friends and leave the space as you find it!
- Quiet times are between 9pm and 6am.
- Please do not throw pads or tampons in the toilet bowl use the bin please, toilet will overflow if this happens.
- Absolutely no smoking indoors.
- Please switch off the lights and other appliances when you leave the room. The lower the bills are kept the lower the room rate can be kept!
- At check-in, a front door key will be given to you so you have the freedom to come and go as you please. Lost keys will be subject to a €100 charge as entire locking system has to be replaced.
- Lost bedroom door key incurs a charge of EUR50.
-Please DON'T WALK AWAY FROM FRONT DOOR UNTIL YOU'VE CHECKED ITS LOCKED ------ THIS IS VERY, VERY IMPORTANT.
-When you enter the house the door does not automatically lock behind you, in orderto lock it, you must lift the handle once, let it drop and then turn the knob under the handle to lock it. Again PLEASE check its locked before walking away by trying the handle. I will show you how to lock the door when I greet you on arrival.
- To lock the front door after entering simply lift handle, let it drop then turn the knob beneath the handle to lock.
- Always set the house alarm if you are last to leave. If you're not sure if you're last to leave - set it anyway.
-Washing machine can be used for €5.00. No drying facilities just outdoor clothes line.
- If borrowing the bike it must be returned with no punctures. Puncture repairs on guests account - I can do it for €20 or preferably the guest can bring to bike shop in Sandymount village 1.8 km away for repair there.
- Do not circulate in the house without proper attire e.g. no towel or underwear after using the shower please pyjamas are fine!
- €150 charge if bike is stolen.
-ALWAYS LOCK FRONT DOOR WITH KEY from outside WHEN LEAVING the house :-)
And just in case you missed it WASH AND PUT AWAY ANY DISHES YOU USE FOR BREAKFAST PLEASE :-)
THANK- YOU & enjoy your stay.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 32 reviews for other properties.View other reviews