♥ Wood / light / calm and cosy atmosphere
Large bedroom in a historic building (please see my other listing). Spacious, 12,5 m2, lots of light. Table and chair for working or writing. Mezzanine over the living room with natural wooden floor, curtains to close it when you want to have privacy, views over the patio.
· two single beds 90x200 cm.
· fresh bed linen provided as well as towels, hairdryer.
· free internet connection wifi/ cable
. floor warm heated
· keys & map
BATHROOM: use the family bathroom with shower, bathtub, wc and bidet when you like
HOME: winter cocooning, local life, cats, friends ... you are welcomed to use the living room, kitchen and common places.
KITCHEN: is fully usable with kettle, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, gas cooker and oven, induction cooker. Welcomed to stay there anytime (when I cook too).
WIFI: free internet connection with wifi and/or cable ethernet
GUESTS: as I'm very keen on my house I'd like to know which travelers it hosts; so please include a little bit of information about yourself.
and ...here it comes a little more information
traveling and having a relaxing time at home ... this is the perfect place for you to discover and enjoy the true heart of the old Jewish quarter. Close to the Cathedral and main monuments it makes you will feel like the time has not changed since the S. XII, the same walls will talk to you. Nowadays transformed in a space plenty of light, construction in stone and wooden roof, floor warm heated... we are so high that it's unique to dream watching birds, listening the Cathedral bells, calm music or silence. Plenty of books and magazines at home to read, lots of space to relax.
TERRACES: if you like to lazily take some Mediterranean SUN we have two terraces:
· entrance terrace over the patio, where we have drinks and chat. South oriented, very warm and sunny also in winter,
· "badiu" is the Gerona's traditional terrace with an amazing wooden architectural roof. From there you can enjoy the views all over the city, with the church of St. Feliu and the Cathedral; you can admire amazing sunsets; we take summer lunch and suppers up there and ... enjoy very nice siestas too.
NEIGHBORHOOD: mostly residential, safe and quiet .
Plenty of very good restaurants, lots of monuments, museums (Art Museum, Jewish Museum, Archeology, History, Cinema). Cinema in v.o very close, lots of fashion shops, nightlife, gardens at the corner (Alemanys, Passeig Arqueològic, Vall de Sant Daniel, )
SHOPS: in front you have a very good tapas restaurant.
2' walk: winery shop, bread, butcher, pharmacy, bank, crepes, ice-cream, shop with turrons specialities...
5' walk: Organic food shop, supermarket
10' walk: big market at Devesa Park (Tuesday and Saturday), food market daily Plaça del Lleó / Organic shop with discount to be at home
· CAR: you can find parking in the city, rotonda near Devesa Park, Carrer Palafrugell, or Passeig fora Muralla
. TAXI arrives at the door in 5 minutes (to the airport 30€)
· 20' walk to Gerona's train and bus station, well connected with Barcelona (1'30 h.) and France.
· Bus stop 5 min. walk, stop at Santa Clara or Post Office
· Gerona's airport, by bus, from train station 30 min.
· FREE bike for guests!
Bike rental nearby, and very good biking roads.
· walking/ jogging forest is at 2' walking distance, big park for footing at 10' (Devesa)
· yoga mat in the house, yoga centre 5 min. walk. You can book for single lessons as well as ayurvedic massages.
SEASIDE / beaches
· Sarfa Bus: Tossa de Mar, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Palamós, Calella de Palafrugell, l'Escala, ...
· Train: Llançà, Colera, Portbou
· Train + bus: Roses, Cadaquès...
· Teisa bus to Olot, Parc volcanic de l'Alta Garrotxa
· Sky: VallTer 2000, La Molina, or French Pyrenees.
Any questions please feel free to ask me. Thank you very much! Merci beaucoup! Grazie! Tack!
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$7 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$255 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$566 /month|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
We had a wonderful stay with Alicia. Her loft space is cozy and the whole home was very unique and inviting. We loved the terrace and hammock, too! If I make it back that way I'd definitely stay with Alicia again.
Haviem escollit l'apartament de la Lila per la seva situació i per l'encant de l'interior que haviem vist a les fotos.
Un cop allà, vam veure que haviem encertat en l'elecció, no només per l'abans mencionat si no perquè la Lila va ser una excel·lent amfitriona, i molt detallista. La seva alegria es contagia i va contribuir, sens dubte, a que la nostra experiència a Girona fos inmillorable.
Cent per cent recomanable!
Incomparable place and unforgettable stay!
Lovely, charming, beautiful!
To visit absolutely!
Thank you, Lila, for your elegance, hospitality and uniqueness!
Not only your home is unique, but you are also:-)
I should come again!
All my best wishes
Great place, friendly and helpful host as well as sweet cats! A perfect place for staying in Girona.
We spent a wonderful time at Lila's house. She is a great host and was very helpful with the information.
For an authentic Spanish experience, I recommend this place! Lila is a joy to talk with and her place is super cute-- very much how I envisioned a Girona apartment to be!
If you love pets, her cats will make you feel like home!
You should definitely stay at Lila!!
Thanks for the hospitality and warm welcome at the place.
The place is great can fully reccomend it to others.
Lila is very nice and communicative person.
I think there is nothing more to add.
alicia: your warm welcome, kind and genuine heart will be remembered for a long long time to my family. we have learned more about the cultural heritage and the unique/ proud history of Catalonia from you and your nieces. meeting and talking with a young Catalan generation, your nieces, was another cultural experiences as well. i don't have any hesitation to give 5 stars in every respects of your apt in Gerona. thank you, james
La estancia en casa de Lila ha sido estupenda. Buen ambiente, buena compañía... Me he sentido como en mi propia casa. Las campanadas nocturnas de la Catedral han sido el único inconveniente... Pero esto no está en manos de Lila.
Great location, friendly host, though breakfast not so good.. Spotlessly clean. Long way to bathroom esp if you need to go in the middle of the night. But overall good value for money.