About this listing
We will pick you from Iquitos airport at no extra cost. Let us know your arrival an we will coordinate.
If the timing of this room is not available for the days of your trip, see our other rooms, 2 and 3
Moskito-free room with a full size bed for up to 2 guest, big closet, desk w/chair, all hand made furniture, Wi-Fi access and with air conditioning. Towels always provided. A Flat 32" LCD loaded with Direct TV (all channels), mini-fridge, extra $ 5 A / C air conditioning day, empty room, open window or door open, always closed air conditioned, thank you.
The house is surrounded by vegetation, medicinal plants, fishes and exotic animals of which you may interact with all in a peaceful area where you may relax and plan your day. You'll have access to all the common areas including the kitchen and our beautiful upstairs viewpoint where you will see the amazing beauty of the amazon.
We are lovers of all animals and run an animal refuge. We have a small tiger, nocturnal kinkajou (looks like a teddy bear and wins hearts, always), monkey, etc… We constantly receive animals… you never know what you may find during your visit.
Interaction with Guests
There are many things to do in the Amazons, if you plan to come with not a lot in mind or need advice, please let me know ahead of time... Glad to help you make the most out of your trip.
The House is located in the beautiful City of Iquitos. We are not in Downtown as transportation is very noisy due to the constant MOTOCARS running 24/7. Yet we are just minutes away from all that noise but in a peaceful atmosphere surrounded by the jungle, Within 14 min to Downtown and 7 Iquitos Airport. You may find a lot of authentic Peruvian cuisine restaurants and bars within walking distance.
Iquitos is one of the few cities in the world that runs 99% on MOTOCARS (motorcycles transformed into a tricycle for carrying passengers). And the other 1% on local colectivos (bus). No need to rent a car as you will find it difficult to navigate with all the MOTOCARS.
Other Things to Note
Full bath room, with ample shower, always with hot water .
The house rules are generally sensibly and therefore would be difficult to enumerate, respect for what is contracted and not want to abuse our good faith and that is what we take for nature, guests may not be accompanied by any it is not in the same condition (guest) otherwise only say that the rules would be logical coexistence.
Air conditioning extra $ 5 USD per day.
Arrival before the scheduled time of 13.00, may cause a surcharge.
Xavier was an excellent host! The house was very clean and the amenities were perfect! Loved being able to visit the animals in the backyard.
Xavier was an amazing host! He picked me up from the airport and even arrangement for me to stay in a different room in case the common area right outside my door got too noisy because of other guests. So thoughtful!
I loved meeting the animals too!
Xavier is a wonderful host, the place is spot clean, very nice house, well built, and the animals are interesting and playful. Xavier is also building another swimming pool in the back, we look forward to coming back for a visit
Excellent host, very helpful and flexible with the airport pickup as my plane was delayed. Explained the location, map, directions and provided contact details should I have any issues in the city. Cannot recommend enough.
Xavier was a great host, very hospitable & helpful! The house is very tranquil & comfortable & we loved the animals! Definitely recommend!!!
Xavier is a very great host.The room is so cheap and it provides all what you (website hidden)'s really like your own home.The room is tidy and clean.Also i love the big cat in his garden.If you come to Iquitos,here should be your first choice!
Absolutely awesome house and host. The best/cleanest/most interesting house in Iquitos by far. It is far too cheap for the value we got
This host has 36 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Xavier
Spanish living in Iquitos, a lover of wildlife that gives the region, we like to share and learn experiences, we are Europeans with years of stay here and we can help you get the most out of your trip.
You may find cheaper but not more rewarding every guest who spends just become one more of the family.
Español residiendo en Iquitos, amante de la fauna y flora que regala la region, nos gusta compartir y conocer vivencias, somos europeos con años de estancia aqui y podemos ayudar a sacar el maximo provecho a tu viaje.
Quiza encuentres mas barato pero no mas gratificante, cada huesped que pasa acaba convirtiendose en uno mas de la familia.