A true home, incredibly comfortable, clean & joyful. Everything you need is supplied & you're taken care of during your whole reservation. Enjoy NY's most beloved neighborhood full of amazing food, shopping, people watching & good energy. Welcome!
You are truly taken care of during the whole reservation, from our communications starting now, to a smooth check in process, to a truly comfortable and convenient stay! My little team and I are always available and want to make your stay incredible.
* Amazing, amazing location. Perfect spot in this village within the big city. My apartment sits on the border of the West Village and Soho with small streets, pretty parks, easy walking, great shopping and only one block to the subway.
* Sunny studio is larger than average, fully furnished with pretty, comfortable decor, and super clean.
* King bed sleeps two easily, and a third guest can be accommodated on the very comfy full size couch.
* Bathroom features soaking tub, new tiles in bath and kitchen, and lovely, quirky decor throughout.
* Great water pressure and truly HOT water for a welcome shower after a day in the city.
* Also free, private, high-speed Wi-Fi and consistent connection, especially great if you're here for work.
* TV is great for Netflix and Amazon movies if you decide to stay in.
* If you enjoy cooking or want to save money on eating out, the kitchen includes pots and pans, lots of dishes, utensils, coffee maker, toaster, gas stove and so much more.
* Big windows, high ceilings and a gorgeous hardwood floor.
* All linens, towels, and personal toiletries like soap, toothpaste, first-aid kit and so much more are provided.
* Dresser drawers, full closet, and bedside shelves accommodate all your things.
* Lots of extras like tissues, candles, and great books.
* Lots of maps, books, and brochures on NYC are provided for you too.
* Your closet is stocked with extra linens, blankets, memory foam pillows, an iron, shoe holder, yoga mat and fresh towels.
* All utilities included. For the summer there is a wonderful Air Conditioner, and for winter there is plenty of steam heat generously regulated by the building management for a very cozy stay.
The whole apartment is yours, enjoy and be comfortable.
* Cook if you wish. Put your groceries in the refrigerator.
* Enjoy soaking in the deep bathtub.
* Hang all your items in the closet and put extras in the dresser and bathroom.
* Come and go as you wish, simply be courteous of your noise as not to disturb my neighbors.
Interaction with Guests
My assistant, housekeeper, neighborhood friends, and myself are all available and enthusiastic to help you before, during and even after your stay! I am just a text/call/email away and will reach out to you every few days.
The West Village is part of Greenwich Village and is truly New York's most beloved. Brownstones, cobblestone streets, cozy restaurants and lots of trees make this the “it” location. You will feel like a true New Yorker here!
* Excellent restaurants for every budget. So many within 2 blocks and most deliver. You’ll find Italian, Thai, Spanish, noodle shops, tapas bars, Irish pubs, coffee shops, and of course, amazing pizza on every block. Plus new restaurants and shops are popping up every month.
* Magical little parks, small streets, and the Hudson River a few blocks away
* Shop in posh Soho 3 blocks away
* Dance and meet for drinks in Meatpacking 10 blocks away
* People watch in Washington Square Park 5 blocks away
* Walk and jog on the Hudson River Walk 4 blocks away leading to Chelsea Piers for every type of recreation including Trapeze School!
* Easy walk to High Line Park, The Standard Hotel and Summer Biergarten, The Blue Note Jazz Club, Chelsea Market and so much more.
*Quieter than most of the city and so full of charm, this neighborhood will make your trip incredibly special.
Transportation in the West Village is so easy
* Three major subway lines are all within a few short blocks to take you anywhere in the city. Lines are 123, ACE, and BDFM.
* The closest subway station is less than 2 blocks away and is called W. 4th St Station.
* Christopher St Station and Houston St Station are also very close.
* There are consistently cabs available at any hour right outside the front door.
* Uber is an awesome on-demand car service you can order from your smartphone anywhere in the city. Let me know before you download the app and I’ll give you a first-time user coupon.
* Also I am happy to arrange a local car service for your check out day to take you to the airport or other destination.
Other Things to Note
* If there is something you need or have questions about, please reach out to me right away so I make your stay the best it can be.
* Trash and recycling goes in the basement which is easily accessed in the lobby using the door marked Boiler Room.
* There are extra lightbulbs, fuses, toilet paper and cleaning supplies available in the apartment if you happen to need them.
* If you wish to fill the bathtub, there is a old-fashioned silver stopper outside the tub which controls the drain.
* Thank you in advance for asking me before inviting guests over. One person for a couple hours is fine, but otherwise please ask.
* Unless we’ve arranged otherwise, you may leave your key in the kitchen when you check out and simply make sure my door locks when you leave.
* It's my pleasure to share this special place in the world with you, thank you in advance for treating my home and neighbors with respect.
* Thank you for taking your shoes off (the streets are so dirty).
* Kindly clean up food and dishes daily.
Elle was a fantastic host! She communicated clearly and regularly and was very welcoming in general. The apartment was meticulously clean and well considered in terms of design as well as comfort. Wonderful bed, linens, kitchen, wood floors and couch. She supplied amenities such as coffee, tea, mints, shampoo, etc. which was a nice surprise. The generosity was felt and the apartment had a good, peaceful feeling. I think Prodigy Coffee might be the very best cappuccino on this side of the Mississippi and it's only 3 doors down. I used to live in NYC and so I wanted to be in a location that felt like home and Carmine Street was the perfect fit. I hope to return to Elle's place again the next time in NYC. Thank you!
Elle's place was perfect for a winter stay in the West Village, clean, well-appointed, well-decorated - the tea and hot coco was much appreciated, the warmth of the apartment was only matched by the warm hospitality of the Host. I would gladly return the next time I'm in town.
Elle's apartment is on a wonderful street in a fabulous neighborhood. Easy to get to subway and other areas in the city; great restaurants, etc. Elle was very accommodating, and the apartment is nicely decorated and very comfortable.
The experience was amazing. Perfect small apartment in a fabulous location. Comfortable bed and sofa. Table to work at. Constant hot water. Fast internet.
We really enjoyed staying at Elle's apt and would happily stay there again! It's in a terrific neighborhood, with great cafes and restaurants nearby, and very close to public transportation. Whether you're a first-time visitor, or a former local like me, it's a great apt to make your base in NYC. Elle goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable, before, during, and even at the end of your stay. The apartment was really well stocked with fluffy towels, amenities, books etc. and Elle checked in with us regularly to make sure everything was ok. Her assistant, Hannah was waiting for us (after a very delayed flight) when we first arrived and made sure our check-in was smooth and easy, which we appreciated after 24+ hours of travel. Both Elle and Hannah were just a phone call away if needed, which was great. Thanks Elle, we had a wonderful time!
We had a lovely and comfortable stay at this apartment. It was plenty warm (it was -6 degrees outside), I slept soundly each night and it was a pleasure to come home to. I also felt safe there & in the neighborhood. It's a fantastic location, close to so many well recommended bars and restaurants and with easy access to the subway. Hannah gave us a friendly welcome when we arrived and was quick to leave us to explore - but with her mobile number in case we needed anything. A great experience, thank you!
Elle was a warm friendly host via email and SMS although we did not actually meet her. However we had a friendly greeting on arrival and were taken through the nuances of the apartment even though we arrived later than we expected. The apartment is small and cosy for 2 people and situated in a fun neighbourhood with good access to transport and restaurants. It is certainly an eat out and make your own fun place to stay! Not for the light sleeper though as street noise fairly constant. Thank you Elle for your welcoming information and follow up!
This host has 7 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Welcome! Your comfort and enjoyment is my top priority. I have a lovely, comfortable apartment in New York's coveted West Village and a stunning Guest House in the Connecticut countryside.
I love hearing what draws others to these special places and I enjoy sharing suggestions to enrich the adventure for you.
I feel we have a responsibility to our global brethren not only to share what we have, but also to learn all we can to contribute to the collective consciousness.
My life's motto and company Elle Home's tagline is: "There is always a solution." A great testament of that philosophy is taking the leap of faith that is travel.