This apartment is in a strategic location in London, being 3 minutes walk from the new London Bridge station, beside the riverside walkway at More London Place and over the river from the City of London. It is on the South Bank, between London Bridge and Tower Bridge, a popular tourist, residential and business district.
This two bedroom, two bathroom apartment is suitable for up to 4 adults in a queensize bed and either: 2 single beds OR a queensize bed. It is provided with weekly cleaning and broadband. An air conditioning unit is available if needed (see below).
This self-catering apartment is ideal for a short stay for holiday or business. It is just one minute walk from some of the best views of London, between London Bridge and Tower Bridge.
Across the street is the riverside walkway with the best views of London towards Tower Bridge and the City of London - great at night! You can walk on the riverside upriver passing the Borough Food Market, Southwark Cathedral, Vinopolis, Shakespeare Globe Theatre, Tate Modern, Millennium Bridge (which crosses the river to St Pauls Cathedral). After the Tate Modern, you can then walk on via Blackfriars Bridge past the Oxo Tower to the South Bank Arts Centre and the London Eye - the full walk is very popular and has great views of London all the way.
This is a foodie area, with the Borough Market at London Bridge.
The apartment is within a quality residential development. Internally, it is about 850 square feet, with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one is shower/toilet, the other with full bath/shower/toilet).
* first floor above ground level;
* main bedroom with 150cm (5 foot) quality double bed and en suite;
* second bedroom with 2 single 2.5 foot wide beds, or zip-linked 5 foot wide double bed, all beds with high quality linen and mattresses;
* wood floors;
* modern kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, full oven etc;
* CD stereo system, TV;
* double and triple glazed, with high ceilings and black out blinds;
* new secondary glazing to front minimises street noise;
* modern internal insulation;
* bedrooms face towards the quiet private courtyard;
* electric hot water and 'far infra red' ceiling heating, electronic wall thermostat;
* direct dial phone;
* air conditioning unit on request (chargeable);
* solar filmed windows.
Services and facilities
* Video entry system;
* Lift plus a few steps, but this apartment is 1st floor, normally stairs are used as they are the nearest entrance;
* Secure parking may be available on site or locally (chargeable);
* Linen provided, changed with house-cleaning, normally once a week, chargeable;
* Extra sofabed with linen and child's cot available (chargeable);
* wireless and wired broadband free and unlimited;
* Non-smoking (except on balcony).
The apartment is very quiet. There is new secondary glazing inside double glazing to the front (livingroom) and double glazing to the back (bedrooms). The back overlooks an enclosed courtyard. The apartment is on the first floor above ground.
There is an air conditioning unit chargeable at £60 per week (most of this will be electricity). The air conditioning unit vents through the wall (not an open window) and is suitable for occasional use. It will lower the temperature throughout the flat as it works as an extractor vent for the flat - it has to pull in air in order to push hot air out. Other ways to avoid the few days of really hot weather we get in London is to lower the blinds during the day and using a fan to pull in cold air in the evenings. There is also solar film on the windows.
Guests are met locally near the apartment on arrival. They are asked for an expected time of arrival, to text from the airport or an hour in advance of arrival and when at the meeting point.
Interaction with guests
On booking, you will be asked to sign our standard letting agreement which confirms the identity of the guest and host and legal basis of the agreement. We may verify your photo and ID prior to arrival.
London opens up new experiences, whether your budget is low or on the luxury side, you can enjoy the freedom of the City, South Bank or West End at your leisure and return to a homely base.