NYC STUDIO in Brownstone on the desirable Upper West Side. Celebrity neighbors include: Bruce Willis, Sting,Kevin Bacon, Alan Alda, Matt Dillon, Paul Simon, Howard Stern, Tina Fay, and Yoko Ono.
Best location for site seeing. This is located in the West 70's, 1 block from Central Park West. Our large STUDIO is a 2 floor walkup brownstone, with 12' ceilings,hard wood floors w/ brick non working fp, sun drenched room & great heat in winter and COOL AIR CONDITIONING DURING THE SUMMER. Full bathroom, full kitchen, all towels and linens are provided. High Speed Wifi internet available for your computer.
The STUDIO is steps away from Central Park West, near John Lennon's former residence the Dakota, Strawberry Fields, horse drawn carriage rides,ice skating in the park, Museum of Natural History, the MET, the Guggenheim, & the Frick. Great restaurants walking distance, shopping at Bergdoff's, Saks, Barneys, Bendels, and Bloomies.10 minutes from Rockefeller Center. One Express Stop on the Train to Times Square. 10 min walk to Lincoln Center. Great for runners, bikers, bladers etc.
PLease Contact me for additional questions. Thank you!
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||7 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$950 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$3500 /month|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
Staying at Benjamin's apartment was great!
Some positive and negative issues:
- LOCATION-LOCATION-LOCATION. Super-great location. Near subway lines A,B,C and 1,2,3; near Central Park (strawberry fields). Near to lots of restaurants, supermarkets, etc.
- Nice apartment, perfect for two, just like the photos (maybe they're not made a year ago). There was dust in the floor, towels and sheets didn't smell like clean and bathroom was neither clean (we were ok but we payed 68€ of cleaning costs...). Bed very comfortable, sheets and towels enough to change them during the stay, equiped kitchen.
- It's hot and damp in summer and there's NO AIR CONDITIONING. We dealed ok with this 'cause we came from similar climate.
- Windows do nothing to stop the noise. Trucks at night. Again, if you're used to sleep with traffic or you have earplugs, don't worry.
- WIFI in the apt worked great: order food online, search for useful info, online reservations, etc.
- Benjamin was out of town but we talked to him by phone, he arranged everything for us to get the keys, we had a bit of delay with the arriving flight but we have no problem; we left the bagagge at the apt the day we left since there's no one entering that day.
Despite this not-so-positive issues, we felt very comfortable and we would definitely recommend it to enjoy NYC!
La estancia en el apartamento de Benjamin fue genial!
- Localización genial. Al lado del metro lineas A,B,C y 1,2,3; a una manzana de Central Park (strawberry fields). Muchos restaurantes en el barrio, supermercados, etc.
- Apartamento bonito, perfecto para dos, como en las fotos (quizás no las hicieron el año pasado). Había polvo en el suelo, las toallas y sábanas no olían a limpio y el lavabo tampoco lo estaba (pagamos 68€ de limpieza...). La cama era muy cómoda, había sábanas y toallas para cambiar durante la estancia, la cocina estaba equipada.
- En verano hace calor y humedad y el apartamento NO TIENE AIRE ACONDICIONADO. Si estás acostumbrado a este clima no hay problema.
- Las ventanas no aíslan del ruido. Camiones durante la noche y la madrugada. Si estás acostumbrado al tráfico o si llevas tapones no hay problema.
- El WIFI funciona perfecto: para pedir comida online, buscar info, reservas online, etc.
- Benjamin no estaba en la ciudad pero pudimos hablar con el por tlfn, lo organizó todo para recoger las llaves, tuvimos un poco de retraso en el vuelo de llegada pero no hubo problema al entrar más tarde y pudimos dejar las maletas en el apt el día que marchábamos porque no entraba nadie al día siguiente.
A pesar de las cosas no-tan-positivas, estuvimos muy cómodos y recomendamos totalmente el apt para disfrutar de la ciudad!
The appartment is really nice. Everything worked without any problems - starting from getting the key from Ben's housekeeper Sadie to the furnishings. Ben himself was kind and cared a lot about our wellbeing.The appartment is a perfect starting point for trips to any sights of the city, both by foot or by subway. And the neighborhood is great, not to forget. The only thing you have to be aware of when renting the appartment: it's loud. Also at night. Even with closed windows you will hear the traffic. But appart from that: everything okay.
Our experience with Benjamin and his apartment was great.
He communicated with us before arrival, and arranged for his cleaning lady to meet us when we arrived - since he was out of town.
The apartment was perfect for what we needed - clean, enough room to sleep, cook and eat breakfast, and store clothing and suitcases. The bathroom and kitchen are small, but are adequate - we cooked breakfast every morning and loved it.
The location is absolutely ideal - think 'You've Got Mail' - it's safe, close to multiple subway lines, close to Central Park & there's plenty of great dining etc. within a short walk.
There isn't much else to say - loved this place, happy dealing with Benjamin.
Our stay in Benjamin's apartment was great, the apartment is just like it seems in the photos.
It has a great location pretty near from the Central park and from the subway station and the neighborhood is beautiful more peaceful than others. We totally recommend it!
Negatives things: the cleaning lady arrived to give us the keys of the apartment 2 hours later of the time we agree, the wifi never works, the TV never have signal,, and Benjamin never answer his phone, call, send an e-mail or message in the all week. His mobile was always off or out of area, so with problems he was never there. If we wanted an apartment with this characteristics we would rent a cheaper one.
Positive things: the apartment was in a great area to tourism, the apartment was very clean, nice to stay, the bed was very comfortable, and there were sheets, towels, dishes, and a lot of useful stuff.
My girlfriend and I had a fabulous stay in NYC during the first two weeks in April (2014) to which the nice apartment from Ben has a huge impact on. Due to long line for the ESTA registration at JFK airport we arrived a bit late but Ben organized everything to get access to the apartment. Thanks for that and also the support and offered help we got from you!! The atmosphere in the neighborhood was amazing and everything (grocery, pharmacy, metro-station and uncountable restaurants and bars) only a footstep away.
Thanks again for your support. Would always recommend the apartment for a stay no matter how long it will be.
Wunderbare Unterkunft für eine Woche New Yor, Top Lage, super gemütliche Wohnung in sauberem und gut ausgestattetem Zustand. Auch bei minus 6 Grad C gut geheitzt, dso dass man gern "heim" kommt. Benjamin war ein zuverlässiger freundlicher Gastgeber. Und, wer in der Upper Westside wohnt sollte wissen, dass das pulsierende Leben zu hören ist! Herzlichen Dank für die wunderbare Woche bei Dir, Benjamin, wir kommen gern wieder!!
Really nice place, super clean and great location... A couple things you should know before hand, the 2 floors is really like 4, super high so when you have big and heavy bags it can be harsh... Pretty loud at nights due the traffic, windows don't block any noise...
Beside that I loved it. Had an incredible time and Ben was really helpful when you need him. I would recommend this place for sure.
Benjamin is a perfect host. We stayed for a week at his place with my wife and it was as good as expected. Unfortunately, he couldn't be there to welcome us but had everything arranged.
The #1 quality of his place is its location: a 2 minutes' walk to go to Central Park, or another 2 minutes' walk to get the 72nd Street subway station, which will take you all along Broadway down to Financial District.
All accommodation are perfectly fitted, and it's been a pleasure to stay there.
I definitely recommend this apartment to any could who wishes to have a great time in NYC!!
The location is amazing. Three minute walk from 72nd and Broadway (1,2, 3 trains). Ben's studio is nice and quaint. Comfortable bed. Everything was fine, except that you only get hot water in the shower for a couple of minutes - then, it just turns tepid. Though it was extraordinary cold in New York that week and this could be an inclement weather issue of sorts.
Ben was a bit hard to contact at first but things worked out fine in the end. His flexibility in letting me stay in the apartment till 4 p.m. on the departure day is much appreciated.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT