Cosy Garden-House/Cabin (3.5m x 7.0m) in the garden of a priv. location, not far fr. Village Market, German School, UN/UNEP, etc
- Multipurpose room (kitchenette, dining table, desk)
Ideal for Consultants, Interns
- Secure neighbourhood, not far from Village Market, German School, UN/UNEP, etc.
(walking distance= approx. 30 minutes walk)
- Premises has a security service contract with “Ultimate Security Ltd.” and private guards.
- Uninterrupted electricity by Solar and Back-up System.
- Uninterrupted water supply.
- Free Internet Access (Fibre connection)
- Ideal for Consultants, Interns and short-term Visitors.
- Guests have a separate entrance.
- Parking space for a car available.
- Guests have a small terrace and can share the garden
Interaction with Guests
- Support provided, if required.
- Pick-up Service from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport / Wilson Airport available, if required.
- Taxi / Car-Hire Service provided, if required
Located in walking distance of the UN / German School and has malls close by.
The Karura Forest is near and is good for walking, running and cycling.
Public Transport (Matatus) in Nairobi may not have the standard visitors from Europe or US are used to …
We assist in providing reliable taxi services.
Walking distance to UN, Village Market, US Embassy, etc. approx. 30 minutes. (not advisable to walk at night, but during daytime: no problem !!)
Other Things to Note
- Wireless Internet Access is included in the daily/weekly/monthly rates.
- Water for shower, dish washing, etc. is included in the daily/weekly/monthly rates.
- Warm water for Shower (solar or firewood) is included in the daily/weekly/monthly rates.
- Drinking Water (Dispenser) will be charged according to consumption.
- Light (LED/Energy-Saving) runs on Solar Panel.
- Costs of Electricity included in the daily rate when staying up to 6 days.
- Costs of Electricity on weekly or monthly stay will be charged according to meter reading.
- Laundry Service / Ironing can be provided by housekeeper and will be charged separately.
We respect your privacy. Please keep us updated when you are leaving the house and when coming back, just to ensure that the guard / caretaker is available to open the gate.
Jürgen's place was great. Better than I imagined....It is so great to stay at a place where you can feel like you are at your own apartment, complete with kitchen and bathroom- wow I will be back. It is even bigger than my Brooklyn apartment!
I found the description of the accommodation to be accurate and I agree with the other reviews.
However as Jurgen points out this is better suited to an intern or consultant or someone working in the area as it is too basic to consider as holiday accommodation.
I stayed at the cottage when I arrived in Nairobi. It is clean and has a small kitchen an bathroom. The lighting and water runs on solar power, which works perfectly! Jurgen and his family are really nice and helpful and the location is superb with walking distance to village market and UN. I definitely recommend a stay here! Best, Frida
The Garden Cottage is an excellent place to stay if your working near the UN, ICRAF or any of the Embassies around. It has its own bathroom, with a hot shower, kitchen, work space and a nice bed. It is hidden in the back garden, so you'll have plenty of privacy. The family, Jürgen and his wife, are both very warm and friendly, but at the same time they respect your private sphere. The internet is the best I've experienced in Kenya. An ideal place to stay in my opinion!
Thank you for this feedback. Regarding the Internet: Since I am "suffering" quite a bit with unreliable Internet Access while travelling in North of Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan or Somalia, we have at least invested a bit at home here in Nairobi ;-)
You are welcome to stay at the cottage again, in case you are coming back to Kenya.
I stayed for nearly 3 months while working as a research fellow at ICRAF. The cottage is beautifully made, clean and comfortable and has everything you need. It is situated in a lovely area within walking distance of the UN and has malls close by. The Karura Forest is near and is good for walking, running and cycling. You also have your own sitting area in the garden just outside the cottage – perfect for eating dinner when the sun is out!
I’m very grateful to Jürgen and his family for being so helpful and making me feel welcome. Having such a lovely home to come back to every day made my stay in Kenya even more enjoyable.
Consultant: Humanitarian Aid / Emergency Aid / Development Oriented Emergency Aid, living in Nairobi / Kenya and working in Somalia, North- & South Sudan, Uganda and Kenya.
Family: Married, with 2 daughters (9 Years / 14 Years)