About this listing
• STUNNING VIEWS, JUNGLE, DIRECT ACCESS to RIVER
OUTDOOR TERRACE DINING
- Sleeps FOUR (Futon)
• spacious Kitchen, equipd, BkFast incl
• LUMINOUS BATHRM, Wstrn WC
• WIFI, unlimited
• CLEANING service
• OnCALL Massage
• Sarongs, candles & more
The TREE-TOP LOFT "JUNGALOW" is a romantic, comfortable, safe and independent loft-style apartment at Garden level of a 2-storey house.
(The "Tree Top Nest" is at the 2nd floor, see link in "Other things to note".)
Located in SAYAN, 4Km from Ubud, in a most priviledged area, surrounded by Five-Star Hotels (Four Seasons, Amandari, Pita Maha, Kupu-Kupu, Sayan Terrace, etc) and top range villas.
- Main lounge area - Dining area
- Large spacious kitchen,
- luminous en-suite Bathroom, Hot shower
- SAFE for yr valuables
- Terrace: opens up to a small garden, mature trees
- extra outdoor dining space over the jungle.
Perfect for a couple, friends or a family.
- fitted with 12 Bay Windows, one angle left open to allow in the breeze and the sounds of nature (closable with blinds) - overlooking stunning and ever changing views of Ayung River valley, jungle rain forest, rice terraces and volcano.
Find yourself in a protected Green Belt,
no housings along the opposite River Bank, no fumes, no bikes, no cocks, no dog barking...
The TREE TOP LOFT
accommodates FOUR people:
- Queen size bed
- Day Bed
(complete with mattress and mosquito net, 1M70 long),
- FUTON: 1 single pers. Netted
Decorated with unique art pieces collected by the owner from all over the archipelago, equipped with lamps and plenty of electrical outlets,
2 (three-speed) ceiling fans, teak cabinet,
antique Dutch colonial-style teak desk,
large tropical wood table,
oval teak wood dining table seats 4 ppl.
Original Balinese paintings
Papua wood carvings, arts from all over the archipelago.
Hot shower (New Water Heater)
western toilet, cabinet.
WE PROVIDE :
All home linens,
BreakFast (self-service) as described in "House Rules"
and Welcome Fruit Basket upon arrival
Soap and shampoo,
ESSENTIAL OILS, natural insect repellents
Sarongs to encourage you join the unique Balinese Hindu ceremonies and rituals... or use them as towels
Car/driver (airport transfer, tours..)
Drop off/pick up of your personal laundry
On call Massage in the privacy of your home
On Call "OJEK" (taxi-moto)
Down Hill cycling
- "SPIRIT JOURNEYS" : visiting SPIRITUAL HEALERS, Clairvoyant-Shaman: see UbudSpiritBali site
- FOLDER with various infos: where to eat, food delivery, what to do, yoga and art activities, festivals, dance performances, spas, MAPS...
- Books, DVDs
- Spiralled BOOKLET with many infos
spacious, 2-fire gas cooker,
fridge, blender, kettle, teapots,
20L Spring Mineral water dispenser,
Wine glasses, kitchen ware.
Snacks and drinks (in the fridge, at marked prices)
GARDEN accessible through a glass door,
Small Terrace, wrought iron table, 2 matching chairs;
Sculptures and large terracotta pots,
lights for ambience at night,
Jasmine, papyrus, heliconias, papaya, pineapple, bananas, green lime, avocado and lychee trees give an immediate tropical feel.
The surrounding jungle:
coconut & bamboo groves, flame trees,
huge banyan trees, giant ferns, fruit growing on wild vines, squirrels, butterflies, lizards, occasional monkeys, etc.. and the superb Ayung River.
The JUNGALOW is surrounded by jungle, as evoked in its name, therefore insects and animals can be expected, some are charming, others annoying, rarely dangerous. This is not a jungle "ala Disney": so pls be both careful and respectful .
The JUNGALOW is under VIDEO control.
Full access to the TREE TOP LOFT apartment and garden.
The TREE TOP NEST is independent, at the 2nd floor of the Jungalow.
we dont have one, but near by, for a 30-40K Rp fee/Day, pls find:
- BALI WOOD (large park, lounge chairs, small individual pavilions, Kids PlayGround, Gym equipment, Spa, drinks and food - 700M away),
- GAYA Villas, 150M away
- SAYAN TERRACE, 300M away
- d'OMAH Bali Penestanan village, 1.5Km away
- SUGAR Villas Restaurant (5km away, Botanic Garden street) sea-salt water: free access if you have your meal there.
Interaction with Guests
We prefer to give you privacy and management will only interact as needed based on your request or if there is some sort of issue that requires attention.
Kindly pls make sure have with you at all times your "ITINERARY" (address, directions, landmarks, Contact Nrs, Keys, wifi password etc..) .
The JUNGALOW is set in a protected "GREEN BELT" area,
it acts as a natural lung: no cars, no bikes, no fumes, no cocks, no barking dogs..
adjacent to many five-star resorts:
Four Seasons, Amandari, Pita Maha, KupuKupu, Alila...
browse these names to locate us better.
Also have a look at our MAP in the photo ALBUM in this Listing.
UBUD is 4Km away;
600m above sea level, cooler than on the coast, the majestic AYUNG RIVER comes all the way down from the volcano. Direct access to the river by community steps.
Along its banks, you will find Trekking Lanes, a Hindu shrine, a spring blessed by the local priest - where the locals fetch their drinking water, old banyan trees, small pavilions for reading, relaxing, painting, doing yoga, or other activities.
Hot spot for white water rafting: an amazing way of discovering the natural eco-system...
Various places, from 500m to 3Km away:
From fusion-style, veg, non veg, raw,
Western, Indonesian (from 25K Rp at "WARUNG MADE" and at 'NASI AYAM"), ice-cream parlor at Gaia Gelato (exotic fruit sherbets, 150M away) - Food court at "Bali Wood"; trendy places: Vespa Cafe, Kopi Desa, Alchemy (raw, vegan, salad bar), Kue (Cakes and Breads), "Sayan House" (300M away, overlooking the Valley),"Ubud Heaven" (3-400M away, view over East jungle)... Small local "Warungs" near-by, Local Market (mornings) - and 3 large superMarkets in Ubud (one called "Bintang' just 2-3Km away)
- local "supermarkets" like "Yon Mart", "Cipta Karya" and "Mertasari" 4-600M away on Jl Raya Sayan
2nd Floor of Jungalow hosts the TREE TOP NEST.
The Jungalow is surrounded by artists, designers, painters, writers.
Those who stay at Jungalow see it as a soul soothing place of inspiration and relaxation.
Named “BEST DESTINATION IN ASIA" by Conde Nast travel Magazine, UBUD is a mood,
with traditional healers, shamans, painters, sculptors, musicians and dancers, kite makers, mask carvers, furniture makers, jewellery, fashion designers as well as new-trend therapists, kirtan and sound healers, tarot readers etc..
The area is popular with yogis, a world-famous hub since “EAT-PRAY-LOVE" and the "Bali Spirit Festival"
- "SPIRIT JOURNEYS":
visiting local spiritual healers, shamans, clairVoyants, an experience you might be interested to have.
- CREATIVE WRITERS CLUB: Free of charge activity, every other Monday, just ask us.... Join and enjoy the fun!
- The "GREEN SCHOOL", a world reference in terms of education and Bamboo building technique; campus on hectares of beautiful land along the same River Ayung as us -- a MUST SEE! (check their site online for a virtual tour)
GETTING AROUND --
While it's great to have a good walk, remember its a bit hilly, hot, humid, tropical, dogs might bark after you, broken side walks...
-- Having your Own transportation is essential to get the most out of your visit.
The preferred way is an Automatic SCOOTER, easy to handle -
Or a Rented car with driver -
Or Use An "OJEK" (taxi-scooter) for those who do not want to drive -
- a Bicyle is another option yet we have only 2 (30K/Day)
Airport / any place in Bali transfer, Tours:
We recommend our driver for a smooth arrival. Pls send your Flight details (or Address in Bali) asap.
Our drivers have been transporting our guests for years, speak English & communicate via mobile-phone, some via (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), Email.
Other Things to Note
Spiritual Healing Sessions with Traditional Balinese Healers, Shaman, clairVoyant - Visit of mystic carvers.
We accompany you, providing an inspiring East/West "bridging" between cultures, spirituality and healing ways, between the Seen and the Unseen - called here 'Niskala' and 'Sekala'.
Try a 'Reading' or a 'Melukat' - a powerful Balinese Hindu purification ritual, officiated by a Shaman-Priestess;
or a healing session with a Master Spiritual Healer, using techniques such as Mantras, Mudras, Tantric drawings.
Translation (Indonesian/French/English) along with an in-depth approach is provided by a lady journalist whose expertise highlights the "Journey".
Let us know as this needs to be scheduled 3-5days in advance.
Be aware that access to the Jungalow has quite a few steps (nothing super athletic) but can be slippery (rain, moss: this is a tropical country!).
OUR MINERAL SPRING WATER:
has no fluorides: it comes from a local spring that runs across a temple, blessed by the priest, with mantras from ancient Balinese scriptures.
We provide a 20 Liter Jug dispenser in the apartment. Please settle 25K Rp on arrival. Leave yr payment on the table for our house keeper.
Driving License + personal insurance: obviously important.
For any Transport needs: go to our link in the 'ITINERARY' and in the 'HOUSE MANUAL" section in this listing.
Five places n Sayan:
- This TREE TOP LOFT (JUNGALOW garden floor)
- the TREE-TOP NEST (JUNGALOW 2nd Floor)
- GUEST ROOM AT WRITER'S VILLA (‘MAYA')
for solo female traveler
- Two "WORLD TRAVELLER STUDIOS"
Budget, simple and cozy, great for Digital Nomads, terrace and kitchen ~ WIFI:
- STUDIO # 3. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/327216
- STUDIO # 4. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/262200
TWO places In SUWETA Street, 2.2Km from Ubud Royal Palace:
- "SHAKTI" COLONIAL HOUSE, between rice fields and Jungle, sleeps 5-6
- "SOLO": ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT, spacious terrace over the jungle, sleeps 2
"JUNGALOW... surrounded by beautiful green jungle so you get restful natural noises
and you can hear the river flowing below. Beautiful sunsets.
There is wildlife - beautiful butterflies, squirrels and birds in the gorgeous garden - The owner is a charismatic French lady
always happy to pass on her local knowledge. Tini, the Manager and housekeeper, a multi-talented woman,
always bringing along a fresh coconut or a papaya,
gave her time willingly,
always had a big smile on,
honest and generous,
and so is her husband,
in charge of the maintenance.
I can't adequately express how wonderful these people are.
Any help I needed would be given,
I only had to ask.
I would love to be able to keep the JUNGALOW a secret just for me
but it would be unfair!
I can't recommend it more highly"
Bree, Medical Doctor, Australia
Update 20 JAN 2016
We believe in responsible, mindful, educated travelers.
Our main & only rule? ~;+) mindfulness IS happiness ~;+)
Yet we had to set up a few points. Please READ
— Compulsory, upon arrival: a hard copy of each passport (including children) for Police declaration, for all foreigners
(sorry, no Xerox machine, no printer at our office...).
- SPRING MINERAL WATER, - no fluorides -, 20L jug dispenser: please settle 25K Rp upon arrival (leave payment inside on your table, for the House Keeper)
- BREAKFAST: Provided by us, - self service -, consists of:
• Tea, Bali grown Coffee, cacao, creamer, Sugar, Cereal Mix portions, cooking oil, Bread, Jam & “Welcome Fruit Basket" on arrival -
• For any EXTRA FOODS :
Kindly please ask us a few days prior arrival date. Our House Keeper will do the shopping, charged at local price.
- "MINI BAR" : Snacks and Drinks in your fridge, to be settled in Cash RP, following marked prices. Leave your payment on the table inside (for our House Keeper) Thank you.
-+- For all your TRANSPORT needs and any other requirements:
Please note: We are happy to assist you, yet we are not up to the local Tourism Office or a travel agent.
We are a small family business, offering Accommodation as our first focus.
Kindly first explore & research by yourself online and in any Guide-Book about Bali,
draw a rough list/route of what suits you, get back to us. We then send you a useful DOCUMENT, takes one minute to fill in, helps all parties involved get organized ahead of time (you, us, House-Keepers, drivers, scooter-rental, ‘Ojek'…), particularly in ‘High Season'.
In this Document please mention any need:
- Transfer: Airport OR from / to any place in Bali
- "OJEK" taxi-Moto (if you don't want to drive)
- Tours, Volcano trekking, rafting, ‘DownHill Cycling', Temples, Rice Terraces, water falls, Bamboo Trail, art, yoga classe(URL HIDDEN)"Spirit Journeys" Sessions with traditional Balinese spiritual healer(URL HIDDEN)week, MIN 2 PPL Limited spaces (3-5 people). Please register 8 days ahead of time
- We have two bicycles only, 30K/DAY - else you can find one in Ubud
- SCOOTER Rental: We recommend Mr Nyoman, a reputable company. 60K Rp/day, home delivery with 1-2 helmets and raincoats. Discount beyond 1 week -
- for on-site Massage, Extra foods, Spirit Journeys, etc: please also mention it in the document.
Mindfulness is about respect and consideration of others and of the environment
Please share our ECO-FRIENDLY approach:
- Switch OFF lights and fans before going out (3 speeds: please check)
- Be conservative with your use of Water, a very precious resource here.
• We RECYCLE Metal cans & glass bottles: keep them separate from other garbage
- We support the Association “Say NO TO PLASTIC!":
Use our Mineral Water from the dispenser rather than buying single-use plastic bottles;
Use a FABRIC BAG (provided) better than bringing back more plastic bags, hard to dispose of..
Our soap (hands, kitchen) and cleaning materials are diluted. We buy concentrate in soft pouches to keep packaging minimal.
Diluting soapy products is meant to limit toxic, harmful waste in our homes as it runs down to ground water, rivers and streams.
Smoking is allowed outside only. Please dispose your cigarettes in an ashtray.
Our place is located near by rice fields, jungle, woody rivers, coconut / bamboo groves, ravined streams… this is what our Guests love…
Yet: Insects and animals can be expected: Geckos, lizards, ants, bats, butterflies, dragon flies, squirrels, birds, an encyclopedia wudnt suffice... Most are charming, others annoying, some can be potentially dangerous.
This is not a “Jungle ala Disney": Please be both careful and respectful.
> Children should be under your supervision at all times.
Keep all foods in sealed containers -- or inside the fridge
Avoid leaving crumbs and food scraps in the sink; keep organic garbage in tightly knotted bags.
This will prevent insects and animals to be attracted. Thank you for caring.
We have also printed a spiraled "BOOKLET" available in each house offering useful information: take a minute to read it. Tx
PETS: We love them. Yet we reserve the right to allow them on the property. Kindly please talk to us first.
Our place is very safe. Nevertheless, we advise our guests to act in a responsible way:
Lock your door & Main Gate, close your windows whenever going out -
keep your valuables inside a lockable cabinet, better than in plain sight -
OPEN FLAMES (candles, incense, oil burners, gas cooker..) :
never leave them unattended for obvious safety reasons, for yourself & others..
make sure to keep them on a metal/glass plate.
WATER HEATER is already set up: please do not change it -
if need be, contact us asap, our Maintenance man will do it.
- Bring a FLASH LIGHT with you if you will be coming or going after dark.
Be aware that pathways and steps can be slippery. It's a tropical island! Moss, mold, rain, water from rice fields etc, can be expected
- Bring with you
-- INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE (free, easy to get in yr own country)
-- PERSONAL HEALTH INSURANCE
-- HARD COPY of each PASSPORT (NO Xerox, NO printer at our Office)
(we feel all this section goes without saying, but would like to mention it anyway).
For extra safety, our place is under video control -
Please read also our “Driving tips" section here.
• Any broken/damaged items should be replaced or compensated by its equivalent value before leaving the place, - or taken from your Bond.
- Books, DVDs, maps, good addresses, brochures are available for you:
Before check out: please put them back for others to enjoy.
- small children should be fitted with nappies; we request parents to bring a RUBBER SHEET to prevent any annoying issues, soiling, etc.
- Our beddings are in very good state. Stained mattress, pillows or cushions will be charged accordingly.
- No extra guests are allowed in the House unless requested in written, ahead of time.
- Lost KEYS are charged 200K Rp.
ELECTRICITY, Water, Internet service: while these are all currently active in the listing, from time to time there can be a lapse in their accessibility due to the more primitive infrastructure of services on the island (remember, this is Bali!);
nothing can be done about a lapse in service and does not constitute a valid reason for canceling with the expectation of a refund. We appreciate your understanding regarding this.
DRIVING: TIPS & DISTANCE FROM UBUD:
The house is located in Sayan, 4Km away from UBUD.
NOT right in the center of town, just outside, surrounded by nature.
We mention DISTANCE in Kilometers, an objective measure - rather than in terms of time, subjective to your own driving speed, current traffic, road repairs, sections of streets cordoned by local security due to ceremonies or processions, etc
Walking is left to your appreciation, but remember: Bali is tropical, hot, humid, hilly, dogs might bark at you…
Reason why we recommend you have your own vehicle / transport.
Everyone here drives a Scooter! Or use an “Ojek" (taxi-moto).
In high season, obviously, one more car adds to traffic..
But all up to your decision.
For your own safety.
Responsible ways of driving around:
Strap on your helmet, wear closed shoes, sleeved tops, trousers (rather than flip-flops, shorts, singlets..).
Wear gloves, sun glasses, have a map at hand, a smart phone with a GPS/mapping device;
International driving license, personal Health insurance data, copy of your passport / visa with you, just in case.
Keep your valuables under the saddle; Keep your helmet with you after parking. Lost Helmet is charged 400K.
These recommendations are of course entirely up to you.
All our houses are GPS referenced: see in your “Itinerary" and "House Manual".
- ADDRESS, location, landmarks, distances, contacts, keys, WIFI Password:
communicated to confirmed Guests via the "ITINERARY" and in the "House Manual", in your listing.
Save the infos, Keep them with you at all times, thank you.
USEFUL ADVICES :
We recommend to book your transport with us,
whether you arrive in day time, or later than 4PM (Staff then off) —
Yet, of course it is entirely up to you.
- Important: AirBNB Hosting does not offer services like a regular Hotel:
no 'Reception desk' open 24/7;
- Our employees have a Schedule to be honored
- Staff do not live on-site.
- BALI does not have street names & sign posts at every junction...
- Houses rarely have clear visible numbers;
- Even and odd numbers (as in Western countries) are not a concern here…
- Some streets show twice the same number... or Nr 24 is followed next door by Nr 103 .... ~ ;-)
- Street lights are not always operating properly at night -
A driver found in the southern part of Bali? Experienced by one Guest:
“Cheap deal in Kuta turned out a "cheat deal", taxi was unable to locate the house.."
Our own drivers's fee is the same as any other taxi: about 350K Rp (as of Jan 2015) from Airport to Ubud, 1Hr15/1h30 drive -
- Cell phone signal and internet can be "patchy" and unreliable -
Therefore we apologise if not being able to give immediate answer to calls/SMS-(website hidden)/emails;
- If in need, contact ANY of the given numbers, or try again later.
- Any problem while in transit to the destination, delays, etc:
please Contact ASAP our driver and ANY Nr provided in the "House Manual" & in your “Itinerary". NO-SHOW at scheduled pick up time will be charged, as the driver saved his agenda for you, refusing other guests.
Our friendly “wink" to our valued guests:
• We always do our very best to serve you, yet mistakes are possible, we are humans..
• Kindness and curtesy are key to solve most issues … ^+^ …
- Bali is on a slow pace, not up to Western criteria,
please be considerate and avoid "last minute" requests.
Balinese people do not enjoy being 'stressed out" ~:+}
• We apologise for not being able to process late notice requests.
Thank you so very much for caring
Welcome & enjoy Ubud!
~;+) mindfulness IS happiness ~;+)
Updated 20 JAN 2016