About this listing
• STUNNING views, jungle, DIRECT ACCESS via steps to river AYUNG
• QUEEN bed + single FUTON
• STEPS to access the Jungalow
• Kitchenet w/ Fridge
• Free Tea and coffee + creamer and sugar
• bathroom, Hot shower, Western Toilet
• WIFI up to 10Mb
• Housekeeping service every other day
• On-call massage
• Sarongs, candles, essential oils & more
- Jungle and Nature's sounds
- Spirit Journeys with Healer, Hi Priestess, Mystic Bali with Brahman, Meditation, Balinese rituals...
The "TREE-TOP NEST" is a romantic, comfortable, safe and spacious one-bedroom apartment (at 2nd floor) with bathroom and kitchenette
(The "TREE-TOP LOFT" is at Garden floor: http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/286363)
Windows overlook exceptional views:
protected Greenbelt along AYUNG River Valley and its jungly banks.
- QUEEN SIZE BED
- Wooden floors
- 12 bay windows overlooking Ayung River valley
- 1 Extra FUTON,
- ceiling fans
- DINING and WORKING area,
- original art works, sculptures & paintings by Indonesian and European artists
- Intended for breakfasts and quick snacks ONLY
- gas cooker, fridge
- EN-SUITE BATHROOM:
- Hot shower, electric water heater
- Western toilet
- Self-service tea and Bali coffee, creamer and sugar
- Home and bath linens
- Soap and shampoo
- ESSENTIAL OILS, natural insect repellents
- SARONGS (for ceremonies. OR use them as towels: they dry faster !)
- Telephone line (incoming calls only)
- WIFI up to 10Mb
Beautiful natural surroundings:
Jasmine, papyrus, heliconias, frangipani, orchids, flame tree;
Fruit trees: papaya, avocado, banana, lychee trees, coconut groves - Banyans, giant ferns & mysterious vines growing strange fruit..
- there are about 30 STEPS between the street and the house, nothing athletic though (a guest aged 64 yrs old called it "my daily yoga!").
Just be aware: it might be SLIPPERY due to rain, moss, mold.. -
Use the railing, stay focus. Breathe, smile!
- The place is called JUNGALOW:
expect some "uninvited visitors" : insects, lizards, squirrels, birds, butterflies, dragonflies, ants..... etc
Use Natural essential oils, provided
Note: Washing your clothes is NOT allowed in the apartment:
contact us for your laundry .
Full access to your "Tree Top Nest", with private access.
We do not have one, but there quite a few nearby (for a small fee)
- BALI WOOD (large park, lounge chairs, small individual pavilions, Kids PlayGround, Gym equipment, Spa, drinks and food - 700M away),
- d'OMAH Bali Penestanan village, 1.5Km away
- SUGAR Villas Restaurant (5km away, Botanic Garden street) sea-salt water: free access if you have your meal there.
- JUNGLE FISH (about 150K incl Buffet food)
- Om Ham Retreat center
=> See the photo album. Enjoy !
Interaction with guests
We prefer to give you privacy, and management will only interact as needed, based on your request or if there is some sort of issue that requires attention.
Want a massage? a Scooter? Car Transport?
Contacting us in advance is best!
Other things to note
-- HARD COPY of each PASSPORT (NO Xerox, NO printer at Office)
-- settle 25K Rp for your 20 Liter Mineral Spring Water jug: leave payment on yr table inside.
WE KINDLY RECOMMEND:
Please be aware of your neighbors downstairs at the LOFT:
- The NEST has a nice wooden floor, yet SOUNDS travel through it
- Please avoid noises,
- take off your shoes,
- Tread gently - Lift up chairs rather than dragging them
- LOWER your music, lower your voice when talking, or on the phone..
- you can be heard as well as you could hear yr downstairs neighbours.
In case of disturbance, just pls kindly communicate in a polite and respectful way with the other guests.
Expressing one's request with a calm attitude is always best and very much appreciated. Call us only if need be.
While there is no malaria here, dengue fever is a slight possibility, please get information from the Embassy or online forums.
We provide natural essential oils as mosquito repellent.
You should protect yourself round-the-clock .
BE RESPECTFUL OF BALINESE CULTURE, TEMPLE & CEREMONY RULES:
Whenever attending a ceremony, be sure that you are NOT bare shoulders/chest, avoid wearing short pants or Bermudas.
wear a Sleeved top/shirt, a sarong with a SASH (scarf) tied at the waist
Menstruating women are not allowed on temple grounds.
We believe in responsible, mindful, educated travellers.
Our main rule? ~;+) mindfulness IS happiness ~;+)
Yet we had to set up a few points, inspired by experience. Kindly please read.
— Compulsory, upon arrival: a HARD copy of each passport's relevant pages (including children) for Police declaration, for all foreigners
(sorry, no Xerox machine, no printer at our office...).
- BREAKFAST: self service - consists of:
• Tea, Bali grown Coffee (not 'instant'), creamer, sugar
Mindfulness is about respect and consideration of others and of the environment
Please share our ECO-FRIENDLY approach:
- Switch OFF lights AND fans before going out!
- Be conservative with your use of WATER, a very precious resource here.
- Washing your clothes in the accommodation is NOT allowed.
=> Contact us for your Laundry (see House Keeper Nr in "HOUSE MANUAL")
• We RECYCLE Metal cans, glass & PLASTIC bottles: keep them SEPARATE from other garbage -
- Use our spring mineral Water 20L dispenser BETTER than buying single-use plastic bottles;
- We support the Association “Say No To Plastic" = Use fabric bags BETTER than bringing in more plastic, hard to dispose of!
- Our soap (hands, kitchen) are diluted, to LIMIT toxic, harmful waste in our homes, ground water, rivers and streams.
- Smoking is allowed OUTSIDE only. NOT IN THE ROOM. Please dispose your cigarettes in an ashtray, NOT in the garden.
PETS: We love them. Yet we reserve the right to allow them on the property. Kindly please TALK TO US first.
Our place is very safe. Nevertheless, we advise our guests to act in a responsible way:
- Lock your door & Main Gate, close your windows whenever going out.
- keep your valuables INSIDE a cabinet, rather than in plain sight -
- OPEN FLAMES (candles, incense, oil burners, gas cooker...) :
NEVER leave them unattended for obvious safety reasons, for yourself & others. Make sure to keep them on a metal/glass plate.
- WATER HEATER is already set up: please do not change it - if need be, contact us asap, our Maintenance man will do it.
- Bring your OWN FLASH LIGHT with you when coming or going after dark.
- Be aware that pathways and steps can be SLIPPERY. It's a tropical island: Moss, mold, rain, water from rice fields etc, can be expected
- Please read as well our “Driving tips" section here.
ELECTRICITY, Water, Internet service:
While these are all currently active in the listing, from time to time there can be a LAPSE in their accessibility due to the more primitive infrastructure of services on the island (remember, this is Bali!);
nothing can be done about this and does NOT constitute a valid reason for cancelling with the expectation of a refund. We appreciate your understanding regarding this.
- USEFUL INFOS:
- Our employees are OFF from 2PM
- AirBnB hosting is NOT like staying at a Hotel:
-> NO 24/7 Reception Desk open for a welcome service
-> Owner and employees do NOT live on-site!
-> Always mention your ARRIVAL TIME so that the KEYS can be organised for you, and access to your accommodation facilitated.
- Make sure to always have with you at all times:
-> Address, directions, distances. landmarks - Contact Nrs.
- >Use our OWN drivers rather than an unknown taxi (who will say: "Yes, yes i know Ubud" but might be unable to locate the place..)
- Addresses in Bali rarely have a clear Nr mentioned on the street,
OR the SAME Nr might exist TWICE in the same street!
Even and odd Numbers are not a concern here: Nr 24 might be next to Nr 103...
Street lights might not operate properly, making it difficult to find the place after sunset
-> Our own drivers know all the short cuts, they know about the KEYS, where are the lights, they have our private contact Nr .
-- Besides they help you with luggage and make sure you are safely in before leaving.
These advices are just meant to assist you, specially if you are a new comer in Bali and S/E Asia... these recommendations remain of course entirely up to you.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 213 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a Balinese woman married with two young sons; I work as a Cook, House Keeper and Masseuse, so that keeps me busy...
My husband used to work on cruise boats, his English is quite good, he is a driver and takes care of the Scooters.
We are a great Team!
As a small family business, we like to make our guests enjoy their stay, making sure the house is clean, the garden trimmed, transport organized safely.
We are more than happy to welcome you here!