About this listing
• 12 Windows, AMAZING VIEWS over the JUNGLE, DIRECT access to RIVER
• QUEEN BED + 1 single FUTON
• Kitchenet w/ Fridge - BkFast
• Luminous BATHROOM, hot showr, wstrn toilet
• NATURE & RIVER sounds
- on-call MASSAGE
- XXXL QUIET!
The "TREE-TOP NEST" is a romantic, comfortable,
safe and spacious one-BedRoom apartment at the 2nd floor of the "Jungalow".
(The "Tree Top Loft" is at Garden floor in same house. )
Windows overlook exceptional views of the protected Green Belt along AYUNG River Valley and its jungly banks.
- wooden floors,
- 12 bay windows overlooking Ayung River valley, jungle, rain forest
- QUEEN SIZE BED
- 1 Extra FUTON (single Pers)
- Rattan Sofa & armchairs
- Teak Cabinet -
- two ceiling fans (3 speeds), no AC, as a constant breeze refreshes the place.
- DINING and WORKING area:
large slab of tropical wood - original art works, sculptures, textiles and paintings by Javanese, Balinese and European artists
intended for breakfasts and quick snacks ONLY (no kitchen sink)
- 1-fire gas cooker, 1-door fridge
- Table Ware (glasses, plates, cups, bowls, cutlery...)
- Small folding table outside for "morning coffee".
- EN-SUITE BATHROOM
- hot shower, electric water Heater
- western toilet
- wash basin -
- ''WELCOME FRUIT BASKET" upon arrival
- BREAKFAST (two varieties of Teas, Bali Coffee from volcano Kintamani, cacao, Sugar, creamer, Cereal Mix portions, loaf of bread, butter, eggs, home made tropical jam - all in self-service);
- any extra foods : upon request prior to arrival, charged at local prices -
- Home and bath linens,
- soap, shampooing,
- ESSENTIAL OILS, natural insect repellents
- Candles, Incense,
- SARONGS (for ceremonies, or used as towels)
- Telephone line (incoming calls only)
> Unlimited WIFI
- Beautiful flowery surroundings:
Jasmine, papyrus, heliconias, frangipani, orchids, flame tree; Fruit trees: papaya, avocado, banana, lychee trees, coconut groves - Banyans, giant ferns & mysterious vines growing strange fruit..
- SERVICES provided upon request:
- Transfers (airport or any other place in Bali)
- SCOOTER Rental
- "OJEK" (taxi-moto)
- Drop off/pick up of your personal laundry
- Delivery of Fresh Coconut / Papaya
- On-site Massage
- "Spirit Journeys" :
Visiting shamans and Spiritual healers via site: UbudSpiritBali site
FOLDER inside your Unit:
many infos, where to eat, what to see, maps
yoga, art activities, festivals, dance performances ...
The "TREE TOP NEST" JUNGALOW is under VIDEO control.
Full access to your "Tree Top Nest", a private Host accommodation, located at the 2nd floor of the house "Jungalow"; the garden floor hosts the "Tree Top Loft"
- SWIMMING POOL: we dont have one, yet for about 30K Rp/Day, we recommend:
- "BALI WOOD"
(6-700M away: 2 pools, large park, individual pavilions, lounge chairs, tree house, gym equipment, Kids playground area, food and juice menu)
- GAYA Villas, 150M away, overlooking the jungle
- SAYAN TERRACE, 400m away, overlooking the Ayung River valley
- d'OMAH Bali in Penestanan Village, 2Km away.
- SUGAR Villas and Restau in Botanic Garden Str
Interaction with Guests
We prefer to give you privacy,
management will only interact as needed , based on your request
or if there is some sort of issue that requires attention.
The TREE TOP NEST "JUNGALOW" :
set in a protected "Green Belt" area -- acts as a natural lung: no cars, no bikes, no fumes, no burning garbage,
no cocks, no barking dogs;
Locate just outside N/W of Ubud, 4Km from the Ubud Royal Palace, adjacent to many top Five-Star resorts:
Four Seasons, Amandari, Alila, Royal Pita Maha, Kupu-Kupu Barong...
Browse their names to locate us better! also see our MAP in the "PHOTOS" in our Listing. Thank you.
UBUD: 600m above sea level, cooler than on the coast.
The AYUNG RIVER comes all the way down from the volcano. The Jungalow has direct access to the riverbank via community steps. Adjacent to the river bank: Trekking lanes, Hindu shrine, natural mountain spring blessed by the local priest, huge banyan trees, small pavilions for reading, relaxing, yoga, or art activities. Hot spot for White water rafting: an awesome way of discovering the tropical eco-system.
From 500m to 2Km: Fusion-style, Veg, Non-veg, Raw, Western, Indonesian, ice-cream parlor (exotic fruit sherbets at "Gaya Gelato", 150M away), Food court at Bali Wood, "Made's Warung" 600M away (fresh fish, rice and veg at 25K Rp), "Nasi Ayam" 800M away (chicken, veg and rice, 35K Rp) - Also trendy eateries & meeting points:
Vespa Cafe, Kopi Desa: 1.5km away; "Alchemy" (yummy raw food, salad bar), Kue (breads, cakes, pies): in Penestanan village, 2/2.5Km away.
Your neighbours? artists, designers, painters, writers and the Balinese community.
The "TREE-TOP NEST" is at the 2nd floor of the Jungalow (the "Loft" is at the garden floor of the house): a soul soothing place of inspiration, close to the surrounding tropical nature -
UBUD is a mood: Traditional Spiritual Healers, painters, carvers, musicians and dancers, kite makers, furniture, fashion and jewelry designers.
ARMA, Neka, Puri Lukisan, Blanco, Rudana, Mask and Puppet and lots of art galleries such as Tony Raka.
Please check on line and in any tourist Guide Book.
-- The area is popular with yoga since Elizabeth Gilbert's book “Eat, Pray, Love"
-- UBUD has been awarded “BEST DESTINATION IN ASIA" by Conde Nast travel magazine.
-- The GREEN SCHOOL:
a world reference Re Bamboo building technique and education system.
Campus built on hectares of beautiful land using a most inventive BAMBOO architecture = a MUST SEE!
GETTING AROUND --
Great to have a good walk but remember: its tropical, hot, humid, hilly ...
ESSENTIAL: we recommend having your own transportation to get the most out of your visit.
- automatic scooter
- rented car/driver
- "Ojek": taxi-scooter (if you dont want to drive)
- For any Transport needs such as
- AIRPORT transfer: pls give arrival date/time, Flight Nr, city of origin: essential for the driver.
- or from / to
any place in Bali: give address & tel Nr of hotel/villa (so the driver can chat up directions),
- SCOOTER to explore the area (60K Rp/Day), delivered at your door, with 1-2 helmets;
- BICYCLE - push bike (25K/D) from any shop in Ubud
Also pls mention if you want any
- TOURS (Beach, Volcano trekking, White Water Rafting, Temples, Rice Terraces etc): price depends on distance, 1/2 or full Day…
- any on-site massage, etc..
Kindly please fill in + submit the very useful document we provide upon request.
Other Things to Note
Given the topography of the land
- terraces, steps, jungle:
guests are advised to be careful and children should be kept under supervision at all times,
- steps (nothing super athletic) but can be slippery (rain, moss). This is a tropical country..
The SPIRIT JOURNEYS take you to visit local spiritual healers and shaman.
Please visit the site UbudSpiritBali
Let us know if you like to join such exceptional experience.
- On-site Balinese MASSAGES by a local lady
Have with you:
- hard copy of each passport
- INTER/NATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE
- PERSONAL INSURANCE
is obviously important.
see our other places,
- In SAYAN:
==> "TREE TOP LOFT" JUNGALOW, Garden floor http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/286363
==> WORLD TRAVELER STUDIO #3 http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1457940
==> WORLD TRAVELER STUDIO #4 http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1610472
==> GUEST ROOM at WRITER'S VILLA (‘MAYA') http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/360899
- In SUWETA Street, 2.2km from Ubud Palace:
==> COLONIAL VILLA over JUNGLE & RICE FIELDS (SHAKTI)
==> ONE-BEDROOM APARTMENT, SPACIOUS TERRACE OVER JUNGLE ("SOLO")
update 20JAN 2016
We believe in responsible, mindful, educated travelers.
Our main & only rule? ~;+) mindfulness IS happiness ~;+)
Yet we had to set up a few points. Please READ
— Compulsory, upon arrival: a hard copy of each passport (including children) for Police declaration, for all foreigners
(sorry, no Xerox machine, no printer at our office...).
- SPRING MINERAL WATER, - no fluorides -, 20L jug dispenser: please settle 25K Rp upon arrival (leave payment inside on your table, for the House Keeper)
- BREAKFAST: Provided by us, - self service -, consists of:
• Tea, Bali grown Coffee, cacao, creamer, Sugar, Cereal Mix portions, cooking oil, Bread, Jam & “Welcome Fruit Basket" on arrival -
• For any EXTRA FOODS :
Kindly please ask us a few days prior arrival date. Our House Keeper will do the shopping, charged at local price.
- "MINI BAR" : Snacks and Drinks in your fridge, to be settled in Cash RP, following marked prices. Leave your payment on the table inside (for our House Keeper) Thank you.
-+- For all your TRANSPORT needs and any other requirements:
Please note: We are happy to assist you, yet we are not up to the local Tourism Office or a travel agent.
We are a small family business, offering Accommodation as our first focus.
Kindly first explore & research by yourself online and in any Guide-Book about Bali,
draw a rough list/route of what suits you, get back to us. We then send you a useful document, takes one minute to fill in, helps all parties involved get organized ahead of time (you, us, House-Keepers, drivers, scooter-rental, ‘Ojek'…), particularly in ‘High Season'.
In this Document please mention any need:
- Transfer: Airport OR from / to any place in Bali
- "OJEK" taxi-Moto (if you don't want to drive)
- Tours, Volcano trekking, rafting, ‘DownHill Cycling', Temples, Rice Terraces, water falls, Bamboo Trail, art, yoga classe(URL HIDDEN)"Spirit Journeys" Sessions with traditional Balinese spiritual healer Twice a week, MIN 2 PPL Limited spaces (3-5 people). Please register 8 days ahead of time
- We have two bicycles only, 30K/DAY - else you can find one in Ubud
- SCOOTER Rental: We recommend Mr Nyoman, a reputable company. 60K Rp/day, home delivery with 1-2 helmets and raincoats. Discount beyond 1 week -
- for on-site Massage, Extra foods, Spirit Journeys, etc: please also mention it in the document.
Mindfulness is about respect and consideration of others and of the environment
Please share our ECO-FRIENDLY approach:
- Switch OFF lights and fans before going out (3 speeds: please check)
- Be conservative with your use of Water, a very precious resource here.
• We RECYCLE Metal cans & glass bottles: keep them separate from other garbage
- We support the Association “Say NO TO PLASTIC!":
Use our Mineral Water from the dispenser rather than buying single-use plastic bottles;
Use a FABRIC BAG (provided) better than bringing back more plastic bags, hard to dispose of..
Our soap (hands, kitchen) and cleaning materials are diluted. We buy concentrate in soft pouches to keep packaging minimal.
Diluting soapy products is meant to limit toxic, harmful waste in our homes as it runs down to ground water, rivers and streams.
Smoking is allowed outside only. Please dispose your cigarettes in an ashtray.
Our place is located near by rice fields, jungle, woody rivers, coconut / bamboo groves, ravined streams… this is what our Guests love…
Yet: Insects and animals can be expected: Geckos, lizards, ants, bats, butterflies, dragon flies, squirrels, birds, an encyclopedia wudnt suffice... Most are charming, others annoying, some can be potentially dangerous.
This is not a “Jungle ala Disney": Please be both careful and respectful.
> Children should be under your supervision at all times.
Keep all foods in sealed containers -- or inside the fridge
Avoid leaving crumbs and food scraps in the sink; keep organic garbage in tightly knotted bags.
This will prevent insects and animals to be attracted. Thank you for caring.
We have also printed a spiraled "BOOKLET" available in each house offering useful information: take a minute to read it. Tx
PETS: We love them. Yet we reserve the right to allow them on the property. Kindly please talk to us first.
Our place is very safe. Nevertheless, we advise our guests to act in a responsible way:
Lock your door & Main Gate, close your windows whenever going out -
keep your valuables inside a lockable cabinet, better than in plain sight -
OPEN FLAMES (candles, incense, oil burners, gas cooker..) :
never leave them unattended for obvious safety reasons, for yourself & others..
make sure to keep them on a metal/glass plate.
WATER HEATER is already set up: please do not change it -
if need be, contact us asap, our Maintenance man will do it.
- Bring a FLASH LIGHT with you if you will be coming or going after dark.
Be aware that pathways and steps can be slippery. It's a tropical island! Moss, mold, rain, water from rice fields etc, can be expected
- Bring with you
-- INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE (free, easy to get in yr own country)
-- PERSONAL HEALTH INSURANCE
-- HARD COPY of each PASSPORT (NO Xerox, NO printer at our Office)
(we feel all this section goes without saying, but would like to mention it anyway).
For extra safety, our place is under video control -
Please read also our “Driving tips" section here.
• Any broken/damaged items should be replaced or compensated by its equivalent value before leaving the place, - or taken from your Bond.
- Books, DVDs, maps, good addresses, brochures are available for you:
Before check out: please put them back for others to enjoy.
- small children should be fitted with nappies; we request parents to bring a RUBBER SHEET to prevent any annoying issues, soiling, etc.
- Our beddings are in very good state. Stained mattress, pillows or cushions will be charged accordingly.
- No extra guests are allowed in the House unless requested in written, ahead of time.
- Lost KEYS are charged 200K Rp.
ELECTRICITY, Water, Internet service: while these are all currently active in the listing, from time to time there can be a lapse in their accessibility due to the more primitive infrastructure of services on the island (remember, this is Bali!);
nothing can be done about a lapse in service and does not constitute a valid reason for canceling with the expectation of a refund. We appreciate your understanding regarding this.
DRIVING: TIPS & DISTANCE FROM UBUD:
The house is located in Sayan, 4Km away from UBUD.
NOT right in the center of town, just outside, surrounded by nature.
We mention DISTANCE in Kilometers, an objective measure - rather than in terms of time, subjective to your own driving speed, current traffic, road repairs, sections of streets cordoned by local security due to ceremonies or processions, etc
Walking is left to your appreciation, but remember: Bali is tropical, hot, humid, hilly, dogs might bark at you…
Reason why we recommend you have your own vehicle / transport.
Everyone here drives a Scooter! Or use an “Ojek" (taxi-moto).
In high season, obviously, one more car adds to traffic..
But all up to your decision.
For your own safety.
Responsible ways of driving around:
Strap on your helmet, wear closed shoes, sleeved tops, trousers (rather than flip-flops, shorts, singlets..).
Wear gloves, sun glasses, have a map at hand, a smart phone with a GPS/mapping device;
International driving license, personal Health insurance data, copy of your passport / visa with you, just in case.
Keep your valuables under the saddle; Keep your helmet with you after parking. Lost Helmet is charged 400K.
These recommendations are of course entirely up to you.
All our houses are GPS referenced: see in your “Itinerary" and "House Manual".
- ADDRESS, location, landmarks, distances, contacts, keys, WIFI Password:
communicated to confirmed Guests via the "ITINERARY" and in the "House Manual", in your listing.
Save the infos, Keep them with you at all times, thank you.
USEFUL ADVICES :
We recommend to book your transport with us,
whether you arrive in day time, or later than 4PM (Staff then off) —
Yet, of course it is entirely up to you.
- Important: AirBNB Hosting does not offer services like a regular Hotel:
no 'Reception desk' open 24/7;
- Our employees have a Schedule to be honored
- Staff do not live on-site.
- BALI does not have street names & sign posts at every junction...
- Houses rarely have clear visible numbers;
- Even and odd numbers (as in Western countries) are not a concern here…
- Some streets show twice the same number... or Nr 24 is followed next door by Nr 103 .... ~ ;-)
- Street lights are not always operating properly at night -
A driver found in the southern part of Bali? Experienced by one Guest:
“Cheap deal in Kuta turned out a "cheat deal", taxi was unable to locate the house.."
Our own drivers's fee is the same as any other taxi: about 350K Rp (as of Jan 2015) from Airport to Ubud, 1Hr15/1h30 drive -
- Cell phone signal and internet can be "patchy" and unreliable -
Therefore we apologise if not being able to give immediate answer to calls/SMS-(website hidden)/emails;
- If in need, contact ANY of the given numbers, or try again later.
- Any problem while in transit to the destination, delays, etc:
please Contact ASAP our driver and ANY Nr provided in the "House Manual" & in your “Itinerary". NO-SHOW at scheduled pick up time will be charged, as the driver saved his agenda for you, refusing other guests.
Our friendly “wink" to our valued guests:
• We always do our very best to serve you, yet mistakes are possible, we are humans..
• Kindness and curtesy are key to solve most issues … ^+^ …
- Bali is on a slow pace, not up to Western criteria,
please be considerate and avoid "last minute" requests.
Balinese people do not enjoy being 'stressed out" ~:+}
• We apologise for not being able to process late notice requests.
Thank you so very much for caring
Welcome & enjoy Ubud!
~;+) mindfulness IS happiness ~;+)
Updated 20 JAN 2016
From Dec 01, 2015 - Feb 29, 2016 the minimum stay is 2 nights.