About This Listing
High Season (Jan. 7 – Apr. 30)- $300.00 USD/night
Low Season (May 1 – Dec. 14)- $220.00 USD/night
Holiday Season(Dec. 15 – Jan. 6)- $500.00 USD/night
Just imagine being able to spend your holidays in the perfect refuge right in the middle of what makes Playa a magical place. That’s Residences El Faro. A 65 unit Condo Hotel nestled right in the heart of Playa del Carmen, steps away from the famous 5th Avenue, and right on the shores of the magnificent white and turquoise beaches of the Riviera Maya, in the Mexican Caribbean. This exclusive beachfront all-suite resort offers the best of both worlds; the comforts and intimacy of your own home and the unique ambience and services that can only be found in a high-end hotel.
The perfect home, a perfect condo; Reef 206 highlighted by beautiful marble floors, granite kitchen counter top, all appliances (including oven and BBQ), and premium entertainment/ electronics appointment, Wi-Fi in common areas, infinity view pool with jetted submerged loungers/ kid’s pool, housekeeping, concierge service, 24 hour security, and is host to one of the best destination restaurants in town; Wicky’s Restaurant and Beach Club. The condo offers two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and a sofa sleeper in the living area. The private terrace overlooks the lush tropical garden, the pool below and the spectacular ocean.
El Faro is located in downtown Playa del Carmen right off of 5th Avenue and right on the Beach. 5th Avenue is a one of a kind pedestrian promenade that offers boutique shopping, and fine dining, as well as traditional Mexican culture. It is the single most walked Avenue in Mexico. Playa has a small town feel, but it boasts all the amenities that a traveler could want. This combination is what makes Playa so unique. Just on the outskirts of town you can visit the water park Xel Ha, or the theme park Xcaret. There is an abundance of Eco Touristic activities that you can experience including a jungle Zip Line or Kayaking in the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve. The area is perforated with natural Cenotes which offer a very unique diving experience. There is exceptional snorkeling & the diving just off of Cozumel, on the second largest barrier reef in the world. Not to mention the outstanding Sport Fishing. The wonders of the Mayan Culture are all around in the Ruins.
We stayed in Reef 205 on April 10th-15th, 2014 and had a wonderful time -- I'm giving the full 5 stars. The apartment was splendid and as described and pictured -- only it seemed even more opulent in person, ie, the photos don't seem to do it justice. Here are some things that were not mentioned:
* There were three tvs in the apartment...one for each room...with DVD players and a stereo in the main room.
* There was a water cooler with fresh clean water.
* The air conditioners in each room were quiet and effective.
* A mobile cell phone was provided with $5 USD in service -- more could easily be purchased if you used the phone.
* There is ample staff on the property and all of them were friendly and helpful. People were cleaning/mopping the halls and elevators every day. Even though we arrived late, the night watchman greeted us and carried our luggage to our room and showed us around even though it was midnight. The next day, a representative from the management company dropped by to make sure we were happy. A daily maid service was unexpected and appreciated. The gardening was attended to. People will bring you an umbrella if needed by the pool and the restaurant next door served drinks as needed. You can even get a massage for $18.
* We came to PDC to Scuba and the hotel is perfectly situated directly next to where the three major dive centers are and where they launch their boats ... so it was a pleasure to go to the boats directly from our room and also to return from a dive and walk directly into the pool or shower.
* The other guests were friendly and they seemed happy -- maybe we were lucky there but it seemed like a good bunch of people.
* It was quiet, safe, and peaceful at night. If you don't know, Playa del Carmen does have a very active club nightlife scene, much of which happens about 150 meters away from El Faro, HOWEVER, the hotel is designed in such a way that it is protected from excessive noises by the hallways and thick walls. There is a vigilant staff of security at night who certainly keep people from wondering onto the property.
There is a huge Walmart within walking distance and there are cabs lined up there to drive you back to El Faro with your groceries -- the cab ride cost us $5 USD -- so you can potentially save a lot of money by using the great kitchen.
Although we can only speak about Reef 205, it did look like several of the other apartments were configured and furnished in a similar way. We would gladly go again. Thank you Marissa!
This host has 47 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Marissa
"My greatest sense of satisfaction comes from seeing people genuinely enjoying themselves with family, friends, or that special loved one; sharing a laugh, a moment in time, a smile. I love making that happen.
Coming from the large industrial city of Monterrey, Mexico, where we're always running late, everything is so far, and we're surrounded by traffic and smog, arriving in "Playa" was a breath of fresh air, literally and symbolically. It gave me a renewed sense of self and a feeling of belonging, and now this enchanting place has become my home.
I've always wanted to dedicate my time to doing what I enjoy, and I am so fortunate to be doing what I love.
I want people to come and know Playa, to love Playa like I do, even if they're only here for a short time.
Once you get to feel the magic of this place first hand, it won't be the last."