About this listing
Located in a huge colorful, tropical garden setting the Garden Cottage attracts guests who appreciate its special vibes and peaceful energy. Yoga on the deck, a walk down to the river, watch animals or just relax and enjoy the atmosphere. Please look at our 5-star reviews! Pura vida!
Imagine 5500 sqm (1.35 acres) of lush tropical gardens framed by bamboo and palm trees, flowering ginger plants, orchideas and heliconias. Bananas, papaya, lime and starfruit trees among dramatic big rocks scattered in the natural landscape. A highlight and a very unique offer is the maintained jungle path that goes down to the Rio Morete where you may swim, sunbathe or just relax in absolute privacy. The sounds of the rainforest, the river and at night the waves from the beaches closeby. This could be YOUR vacation rental: The Garden Cottage.
Uvita, with its infrastructure that includes banks, supermarkets, health care and restaurants is only 1 mile away by car. Add another mile and you are at one of the finest beaches in the area, the famous Whale's Tail. Plenty of sports and excursion activities can be booked in Uvita. In addition, you will reach the bustling top surf spot Dominical with a 15 min drive.
So you are able to have it all: the tranquility of nature, your private spot on the river to cool off, the sounds and wildlife of the rainforest, as well as an active, but still laid back small town experience and beach life and sports galore. Choose what suits you best each day!
The Garden Cottage is designed to accommodate 2 persons comfortably. On 50 sqm (538 sq ft, incl. deck) you will find everything necessary for a joyous Costa Rican vacation: the open inside features a queen size bed on one side and the kitchen and lounge area on the other. Closet, toilet and shower are separated.
Sliding doors lead to the deck, which is equipped with lounge chairs and a hammock. From here you have a splendid garden, river and rainforest view and may watch toucans, oropendulas, red and green parrots, colourful butterflies and humming birds and even the occasional group of monkeys, who would like to welcome you. Howler monkeys will wake you up in the mornings :D
The Garden Cottage features: wireless internet, air condition, ceiling fan, full kitchen with small appliances (plates, cutlery, pans, basic condiments, stovetop, coffee maker, blender, small fridge), safe deposit box, parking. Included is the supply of linens, towels, toilet paper, hand soap and cleaning tools. You can help us in our own efforts to conserve natural resources by an economical use of water, electricity and chemicals. Also the house is non smoking, but of course you may smoke outside.
Guests will have access to the tropical garden and the riverside (weather and seasonal waterflow permitting). The use of the pool at the owner's house is not included in the rental.
Interaction with guests
My guests' privacy and needs are very important to me. Upon check-in we will agree on the best form of interaction and communication, which is different from one guest to another. Since my own house is on the other side of a little creek and palm trees sort of dividing the property, we will be close, but leaving sufficient space for privacy. There will be no loud parties or similar at any time (neither by myself nor by my guests).
A rental car is absolutely recommended for your stay at the Garden Cottage (a safe parking space is located next to the house). A 4x4 is not necessary, unless you have scheduled some adventures where you might need it.
1) How far is it from the international airport in San José?
It is a 124 miles / 3,5 hours drive from the international airport in San José to Uvita. We recommend to rent a car and to do the drive during daytime (please consider this when making your reservation, as you might have to spend one night in San Jose). The best route from the airport is to take the new highway 27 direction Caldera and then highway 34 via Jaco, Quepos, Dominical to Uvita.
2) How close is The Garden Cottage to the beaches?
The nearest beach with calm water and therefore good for swimming is Playa Bahia Uvita at the famous Whale's Tail, in a driving distance of 2,5 miles, the nearest surfer beach with big waves is Playa Hermosa, also 2,5 miles. All together you will be close to seven different and stunning beaches here in the Uvita area. All within easy reach with your rental car.
Other things to note
Dog lovers will find our two canines Mike and Pinto charming, social and easygoing. Both are also in charge to guard the property and they do a great job! Garfield, the cat, is sleeping or eating most of the time :)
1. Smoking is allowed outside only. Of course the Garden Cottage is drug-free.
2. Persons other than the guests confirmed thru AirBnB are not permitted on the property.
3. The Garden Cottage is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The owners are also not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this rental agreement, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises (incl. riverside).
4. Please keep the property clean and all furnishings in good order and
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are not allowed.
7. The Garden Cottage is located in a very private and tranquil area, and we kindly ask our guests to respect - and enjoy - this experience. Of course we do have neighbors, but usually they are very respectful and like to enjoy their peace and quiet as well.
8. Wifi signal strength and connection speed may vary during your stay, due to weather or other conditions.
9. There is a 100 USD cash security deposit due on check in. The deposit shall be refunded upon checkout, provided no deductions are made due to:
a. damage to the property or furnishings;
b. loss of house/safe deposit box/gate keys or
c. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
d. any other cost incurred by homeowner due to guest's stay.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
We have chosen Costa Rica as home a couple of years ago. Our house is on the same premises as The Garden Cottage, on the other side of a little creek. If you enjoy peaceful natural surroundings, tropical plants, the sounds of the jungle, the river and the beaches closeby, you will love The Garden Cottage!