Enjoy a large bedroom in our house in Avignon. Toilet, bathroom, kitchen, lounge, garden and pool are shared. You will be ideally located to enjoy the city of Popes and our region
Chambre spacieuse équipé d'un grand lit (160 x 200 cm). Literie de qualité / Large bedroom with queensized bed
We will host you in our large house (110 m²) located in a quiet neighborhood of Avignon, at 10 minutes by car to down town, and well served by bus.
The flowered garden, a haven of peace, has a pool and a summer bar with sofa, ideal for relax after a dip in the pool and before a good barbecue*!...
The bed room we propose to you is large (14 m²) and decorated in a boudist trip style. It is equipped with a real queen size bed (160 x 210). Your bed will be done for you before your arrival. We will also loan a full set of towels to each visitor.
In addition of your private room, you can enjoy the large living area (45 m²) consisting in the kitchen open on the living room, toilet and bathroom, and garden. Rest room and a large bath room (shower, bath, double basin) are shared with the occupant of the second room we rent. For the welfare of each visitors, we pay particular attention to hygiene of these parts of the house. In addition, the following of a few simple rules will ensure absolute comfort and privacy for everybody.
If you come by motorbike or if you bring your bicycles, you will have the possibility to store them safely in the garage. Cars can not be parked in our field, but parking is always available in front of our house.
* If you wish to prepare your meals, in addition of the full kitchen facilities (Refrigerator, freezer, gas hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and Nespresso coffee machine), we put our gas Wagner BBQ at your disposal.
If you prefer, we offer to share our diner. In this case, a participation will be required.
As well, if you wish a continental breakfast (hot drink, fruit juice, bread, butter, jam, croissant, yogurt), a participation will be required per person
You will have access to:
- Your bed room with a queen sized bed 160 x 200 cm (bed linen are provided and the bed is made for your arrival
- The rest room (toilet paper provided)
- The large bath room (a set of towel is loaned for each visitor as well as a hair dryer)
- The kitchen and its equipments (Dining table, Refrigerator, freezer, gas hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and Nespresso coffee machine, as well as plates, cutlery, glasses, …)
- The living room and its equipments (comfortable armchairs and sofa, TV, Hi-Fi, Wifi)
- The garden
- The swimming pool (from the 15th of May to the 30th of September)
Interaction with Guests
Sandra and I are the owners of our lovely house in Avignon since 2012. We have travelled in many countries in all the continents for our jobs and for our vacation. we will please to welcome you from wherever you come. Your visit will give us the opportunity to travel by your stories...
We will do our best to bring you our top tips for visiting Avignon and interesting places around...
Hope to see you and talk with you!
Our neighborhood is quiet and it is very easy to park whatever the time and the day (what is not always the case down town!)
We have a park where you can go jogging at 50 m from the house
You will find a commercial area with small shops at 150 m from the house: bakery, butcher, grocer, newsagent / tobacconist, pharmacy, bank with ATM, post office, hairdresser and a small supermarket.
Moreover, our villa is located at just 8 minutes by car to the ramparts and the central rail station (TGV rail station is located at 15 minutes). It is ideally placed for you to enjoy the attractions of the “City of the Popes” and the famous theatre Avignon Festival (3 weeks in July), but it can be also the departure point for all your excursions to discover our beautiful Provence area. From the remarkable vineyards of Châteauneuf-du-pape, the beauty of the “Luberon” villages as well as the “Alpilles” (Gordes, Les Baux-de-Provence, L’Isle-Sur-La-Sorgues, Fontaine-De-Vaucluse…), to the wild nature of the Camargue natural park, passing through the majestic Mont Ventoux and the Roman ruins of Arles, Nîmes, Orange and the famous huge “Pont du Gard”, you will also be able to go easily to Marseille in 30 minutes of TGV in order to discover the old port (“Vieux Port”), the brand new MUCEM (Museum of European and Mediterranean Civilizations), and the charms of the “Cité Phocéenne”. We will do our best to inform you on the beauty to explore around, at less than an hour from here, in order to make of your journey in Provence an unforgettable souvenir.
To access to our house:
- By car: I will send you the full coordinates and itinerary by Email depending from where you are arriving
- From TGV station: Take the Bus Line 14 Direction of “Le Lac” and stop at “Carpeaux” (Approximately 35 min of bus). Then you will have a 200 m walk to arrive at home.
- From central station, they are 2 possibilities by bus:
- Take the line 9 Direction “JC Alliaud” and stop at “Hibiscus” (Approximately 15 min of bus). Then you will have a 100 m walk to arrive at home, or
- Take the line11 Direction “Jonquerettes Mairie” and stop at “Carpeaux » (Approximately 15 min of bus). Then you will have a 200 m walk to arrive at home
Depending the hour of your arrival you may have to take a taxi at the station (The price should be around 25 € from the TGV station)
The general bus station is near by the central train station and the bus line to take will be the same.
- From Marseille airport which is the closest big airport with frequent flights, you can:
- Rent a car (all the rental companies provide similar services and level of prices). The trip from the airport to our house will take around an hour door to door (you will have to pay the highway toll – approximately 7 €)
- Take the train to “Avignon Centre” You first have to take a free shuttle from the Airport to the Vitrolles Railway station and then you will have to take the train to “Avignon centre” (Around an hour trip for less than 20€ - one way)
- Take a taxi (One hour trip, door to door, (phone number hidden) €). Be aware that not all taxis have credit card payment system…
- From Avignon Airport which is a small airport, but it can be convenient to arrive directly in Avignon, if the days of the flights correspond to your schedule and if you are coming from the following few destinations:
- Directs flights: From Amsterdam, London City, Birmingham, or Southampton
- Flights with transit through Southampton: Belfast, Dublin, Edimbourg, Glasgow, Guernsey, Jersey, Manchester, Newcastle
The companies operating these flights are: CITYJET and FLYBE
To join us from this airport, you can use the bus or a taxi
- From Nîmes Airport which is also a small airport at 45 min from Avignon, but it can be interesting, if the days of the flights correspond to your schedule and if you are coming from the following few destinations:
- Directs flights: From Liverpool, London Luton, Bruxelles Charlerois
The company operating these flights is: RYNAIR
Main rule: We are not picky with the rules and we prefer to trust the propriety of our guests. We are not going to check what you do, and we want you to feel comfortable in our house. Whatever, some points have to be clarified in order to avoid eventual misunderstandings and to make your stay pleasant for everybody.
- We'll provide a memo to our guests with the explanations regarding this specific point
- Some of the rooms are private in the house and we will appreciate that you respect the privacy of these rooms (our bed room, our dressing, and our office room)
- Never smoke inside the bedroom (It is allowed to smoke only in the living room, but when the weather is good, the best is to smoke outside…)
- Small and kind dog is allowed. We already have a Shi-Tzu called “Flip” who will be happy to welcome and play with your furry companion (even if the first 2 minutes will be probably agitated, as every time he meets one of its congener…)
- Do not take our food without our authorization
- For your breakfast, you can use the Nespresso coffee machine. Bring your capsules or we can provide some to you against participation.
- The swimming pool has to be used in a gentle way in order to avoid damages to the material and mainly risks for the health of the users. In the respect of the law, the swimming pool is equipped with a security cover and it is forbidden to walk on it. When the cover is removed, the access to the swimming pool is allowed at the own risk of the users.
- For the washing machine, A participation is requested for electricity, water and soap consumption.
- Everything is well maintained and clean, feel like home but please, give us back everything as clean and functioning as we provided it to you! Obviously, we will clean the house at your departure for the next visitors, as we do it before your arrival, but we will appreciate that you respect the place.
- Wash the dish that you used, when you cook
- Clean up the kitchen if you soiled it,
- Obviously, anything that does not belong to you in the house upon arrival must stay in the house at your departure
- We always try that our guests leave happy. If something was wrong during your stay, please let us know as soon as possible and at least before leaving. It can correct the problem and avoid the misunderstanding…
It was pretty good to stay at Bruno's place! He treated us like friends and was very hospitable. He also suggested us to visit an amazing place to enjoy the awesome view and wine. The room is nice, clean and comfortable. Also, Sandra and Phlip were nice,too. We really enjoyed a lot there! You must not miss Bruno's place if you come to Avignon!
Bruno is a wonderful person we never met. We stay at his beautiful house for 3days. We think it's a nice time we stay in south France. Bruno's house is so beautiful and romantic. Have red theme kitchen and blue theme bathroom. We like it very much. Also the room is very nice and clean. Everyday we eat dinner with Bruno and have wonderful time with him. We think we are already friend with each other. Maybe sometime we will meet each again in Costa Rica. Thank you so much Bruno. You give us wonderful time in Provence. We recommend it very much.
We had really great time in Bruno's house, he was very welcomung and helpful, we hope to be back one day!
Mr. Bruno, thank you very much.
We had a fantastic time at Bruno's house. He was extremely helpful with all necessary details before arrival as well as during our stay - he even came to pick us up when we missed our last bus from Fountain de Vacluese, we found this gesture really sweet. He also drove us down to the bus station to see us off on our last day in Avignon; not to forget how he woke up early that day to help us plan our Bla Bla car pick up from Aix considering we neither had phone connectivity nor did we know to communicate in French with the car owner-you get the gravity of situation right? :[ We consider him our friend in Avignon now :)
His wife Sandra is very sweet and helpful, and even gifted us a hand sewed lavender flowers potpourri bag along with some Provencial home grown herbs! s :) miss you Flip...Love.
We strongly recommend you stay here for that perfect holiday in the beautiful city of Avignon.
We like this lovely house with warmth and pleasant surroundings. Bruno is such a gentle and very nice person, he is really versatile,and caring very much our feelings and make a very detailed arrangements to meet our needs. He is tremendously thoughtful person. We talk a lot about his business and different culture. He is a great chef, his breakfast is very delicious. The bed is very comfortable. I do miss his doggy-flip, which bring me unforgettable memory.
Bruno is a very friendly, helpful and interesting host. A great person. Our room was very sweet decorated, comfortable and clean. The house is beautiful. We enjoyed the time here with nice conversations, breakfasts in the garden and reasonable distances with the bus to the city centre. I fully recommend staying at Brunos home!
The days we lived here were wonderful! Bruno is very nice and gave us adetailed suggestions of our trip.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Installé sur Avignon depuis 3 ans, j’ai voyagé et travaillé dans de nombreux pays sur tous les continents et je me ferai un plaisir de vous accueillir et de vous aider à découvrir les splendeurs de la Provence…
Au plaisir de vous rencontrer !
Installed in Avignon for 3 years, I have traveled and worked in many countries on all continents and I will be happy to welcome you and to help you to discover the beauties of Provence…
Hope to see you soon!