About this listing
Coastguard Station built in 1875, a listed building with magnificent views of the coast below and Tara Hill to the northwest. Lovingly cared for terraced lawns lead down to the first beach. This is the cosy middle section of the Coastguard Station.
Seaview from Front bedroom and dining area. A small grass path leads from the garden directly to the beach.
Built in the 19th century to keep an eye on the Wexford coast northward to Kilmichael and south to Cahore, house number 4 has been carefully modernized and still retains special charm. The wood stove heats the house when required, the bunkhouse has no heating.
Car parking well off the road and very close to the house. Bikes, Kayaks or canoes can be arranged.
Interaction with Guests
I live very near by, so guests can make contact anytime and get advice or assistance.
- Swimming, canoeing and shore angling on Ballymoney beach (including sea bass)
- Ballymoney designated bathing water and Green Coast award
- On the Wexford coastal path walks and special Tara Hll down to the sea walk
- The shore is of national geological importance with fine rock folding, ice age features and rocky shore with gravel and sandy coves.
Walk (within 0.5 and 2 Km):
- Tara Vale pub
- Orphan Girl pub
- Seafield spa hotel
- Coffee and crafts
- Craft workshops in Ballymoney house – felting, willow baskets, etc.
- Walk along the shore or cycle to Courtown indoor swimming pool, new Gravity outdoor course for the teens and adult with climbing walls, ropes, etc.
- Courttown harbour, angling trips, boat hire, pubs and restaurants
- Courtown woods: old deciduous park riparian woodland
- Three golf courses: Seafield, Courtown and Ballymoney
Cycle, bus or drive to Gorey:
- supermarkets and services
- good boutiques lady’s fashion
- Saturday farmers market
Many bus services to the local town Gorey from Dublin or Wexford and a train service with lovely coastal views from north Wicklow and Dublin.
Other Things to Note
The ideal seasons to rent this property are late Spring, Summer and early Autumn.
The Coastguard Station is a collection of small holiday homes, all family owned. Guests must respect their neighbors. Pets only with prior agreement and no smoking in the house.