One of two double rooms available in a cozy, spacious, newly-renovated house beside Queen's University. Shared living room, bathroom and kitchen. 5 minute walk from bars, cafes and restaurants on Botanic Ave, and 15 minute walk from city centre.
Everyone who stays in this house feels instantly at home. It was completely refurnished in 2011 but retained its rustic character; the wooden floors, exposed brick kitchen, wood burning stove, claw foot bath tub, but still has all the modern conveniences.
Guests will have access to a shared kitchen, bathroom and living room. Help yourselves to tea and coffee. Guests are welcome to prepare their own meals in the fully equipped kitchen.
Free street parking is available right outside the house, although due to the proximity to the university this can be busy during the day during term time. Evenings and weekends are usually ok though.
Calls from the house phone (just beside the front door) are free to local landline numbers. Guests are welcome to use this to book restaurants, taxis, etc.
Each room also has a hair drier. The house is a little sanctuary in a quiet, residential area. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Interaction with guests
I am currently living and working in the United States and so my friend Cathy is minding the house at the minute. If she isn't in when guests arrive then the keys will be left nearby in a secure place. I am still happy to answer any questions you might have about your stay.
Other things to note
You must have a clear profile picture to be considered for a reservation. I like to know who is going to turn up on my doorstep. The property has another double room available on Airbnb under a separate listing. So guests may need to be aware that they could be sharing with other Airbnb'ers. Or this could be beneficial to two couples or individuals travelling together who would like their own space.
It should go without saying that guests should treat my home with respect. Please tidy up after yourselves in communal areas. No excessive noise or parties. You may not invite third parties back to the house. Be mindful of the other guests and neighbours. Smokers may use the courtyard garden out the back.
A few general tips to make everyone's life a bit easier:
- Leave the bathroom door open if you're not using it. That way others will know that it is free.
- We recycle. Food waste goes in the small brown bin in the kitchen. Glass, cans, plastic, paper and cardboard go in one of the four black bins beside the garage door.
- It's ok to leave the hallway and kitchen lights on at night. At all other times please turn lights off if not using them.
- If you are cooking, please do not use metal (i.e. knives, forks) in the pots and pans. This ruins the non-stick surface.
- Always check that both front and back doors are locked before you leave the house, even if you think there's someone else in.
- I'd prefer if people took their shoes off at the front door. At the very least please don't wear them on the wooden floors.