About This Listing
Welcome to the townhouse in University City, 3 blocks away from Penn, 7 from Drexel and 15 mns away from Center City by subway/bus.
It comfortably fits one and can welcome two (1 full bed). Enjoy our living room, equipped kitchen & backyard.
The bedroom is exposed south and very bright. It is on the last and third floor and therefore very quiet.
The bed is a full-sized bed that can fit one or two people.
Guests have access to the whole house and backyard except other bedrooms.
Interaction with Guests
We are very calm, quiet and respectful people. We are happy to exchange with guests and give them tips and advice regarding their stay in our City.
University City is a buoyant part of Philly. It has many restaurants and bars, mostly frequented by the Penn and Drexel students and the locals. UC is well connected to downtown (called Center City in Philly) by subway, trolley and bus and is even accessible by foot for people who like to walk.
Subway: Market Franford Line, 40th street stop.
2 stops away from Amtrak station
Trolleys: (phone number hidden)th street or 37th street stop
Bus: 21, 42, 40th street stop
I stayed for 2 weeks. Ludivine and Seamus were extremely pleasant to deal with and as a policy tend to ensure having respectful / mature guests.
The location gives you perfect access to university city, and is an easy walk from the university. In addition, there is a subway station 3 minutes walk from the house which gives you quick access to the city center.
Although there is only 1 shared bathroom, it was always available for me to use, even when the house was full.
I was provided with a complimentary A/C which was very nice.
The bathroom and kitchen were always kept spotless throughout my stay.
The washing machine and dryer are very modern and there was always plenty of detergent/softener available.
A++, Highly recommended
Awesome experience at this booking. The hosts were very attentive and insured a great stay. The home was clean and tidy and I would definitely return in the future :)
Avoid this host and property at any cost. I was forced to stay there because had booked 50+ nights for my exchange semester and it was a nightmare. The neighborhood is dangerous and the landlord and her husband are rude and very difficult to interact with. To get anything done we had to write/call them multiple times and even then often nothing happened or they didn't reply. They just became parents so we were nice and understanding but after a few weeks still nothing changed - very dissappointing. Most important examples that happened to me during this stay:
- Several drug deals right in front of house
- Random people knocked on door multiple times and screamed in front of the house incl. a fight of strangers in front of the house
- Host was more than two hours late for check-in
- Host left cat unattended for two weeks in the property and I had to feed it etc., when I complained host asked me 'oh its not for you to take care of a cat?' and pretended it was my fault
- Apartment was dirty upon move-in and host only cleaned after two weeks
- Lights didn't work for more than 3 weeks and switches were open with wires hanging out dangerously
- Host tried to rent the room outside of Airbnb to have more leverage
- Host took a copy of my passport which I later found out was against Airbnb policy
- Host dropped into house unannounced at day and night times
- Kitchenware was removed half way through so we didn't have enough cups etc.
- Host promised professional cleaning which only happened 4 out of 10 times
- Host refused to pay back deposit to other tenants who stayed in the house
I was very disappointed because the host has a lot of positive reviews so I was very negatively surprised that they simply didn't care even though I rented the apartment so long. Also the neighborhood is not safe at all so avoid at any cost. There are plenty of other listings for Philadelphia but I couldn't change because of their strict cancelation policy and lack of cooperation.
Seamus went above and beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable and safe. He even picked me up from the bus station so I didn't have to walk in the cold. The house was very clean and nice. Super close to many different public transits and only a $7 Uber ride to Center City. I would definitely stay again.
Ludivine's husband, Seamus was there to welcome me when I arrived. I arrived at a different time than I had scheduled due to weather delays and he was very kind and flexible in arranging to meet me when I did arrive. My stay was very comfortable - the house is beautiful and everything was clean. I will most definitely stay again if I return to the city in the future. Thank you!
This host has 40 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews