About This Listing
Living room by day. The balcony faces a quiet old street, with roman ruins from the old entrance to the city.
MID-LONG TERM OFFERS
We're interested in rentals of 1 month or longer!
Completely refurbished in summer 2011, this antique 95m2 (1023 ft2) unique apartment is in the Barri Gòtic, the heart of Barcelona, 5min straight walk to Las Ramblas, La Catedral, Plaça Reial, Born and the beach, among other remarkable landmarks, and still peacefuly quiet. Perfectly connected to all subway and bus lines (in a walking distance to the airport bus and the central train station.
Brooklyn, our cat, lives in the apartment. He is sweet and quiet.
Right in front the building's main entrance there are millenarian roman ruins, what used to be Barcelona's Gate, and now part of a cultural center. On the Middle Age, the building was a surveillance tower from which guards controlled people's entrance. There's even still a tiny chapel for travelers from that time. The actual building was built in 1865 and the apartment, which is historically listed, was completely redesigned and refurbished on the Summer of 2011.
- Accommodates up to 5 people
- 2 bedrooms (one w/ a double bed and a dress-room and another one w/ a bunk bed and a trundle bed, both rooms with 2m long closets)
- 1 bathroom w/ big pebble-stone floor shower, marble vanity-top, glass bath-screen, washing machine, dryer and iron
- 1 full-equipped kitchen w/ fridge, microwave, oven and dishwasher as well as a beautiful marble stove-top and a huge chalkboard
- 1 separate dining room w/ balcony, tv set, chess table and many books for you to read. The dining table is expandable and accommodates up to 8 people
- 1 spacious living room w/ tv set, home cinema, Nintendo Wii and balcony to a pedestrian street
- The apartment is extremely quiet thanks to the double-glass windows
- Wood floor, wooden beams on 3.5m high ceilings
- Air conditioning, central heating and free WiFi
- Towels and sheets included
This unique place is next to Barcelona's City Hall and in a really short-walking distance (less than 10min) from Las Ramblas, Liceu, La Catedral, plaça Sant Jaume, Plaça Reial, beach and Port Vell, Plaça Catalunya and the hip neighborhood of Born. Just check the map! Thanks to its location, you will be very close to many of the best restaurants in town, nightclubs and theaters that we're willing to recommend to you. We love food and culture so you can trust us on this!
Given the fact that the apartment is 2min walk away from Barcelona's City Hall (the entrance used to be in this same street), you'll always see policemen around. This is a very safe spot in the city, perfect for families that want to be in the city-center without the noisy nights.
We basically expect our guests to be respectful with our place. That said:
- Please don't smoke in the apartment. There's a balcony for that.
- Lower the noise after 11PM to respect our neighbors resting time. If you bother them we'll know right away.
- Garbage has to be placed in the building's entrance after 8:30PM and before 3AM.
- Absolutely no strangers in the apartment.
- If you plan on having extra guests, let us know in advance.
- Our books, DVDs, CDs and all the other stuff in the house is our little treasure. If you like something please enjoy it, but leave it again where you found it. We've seen many books and movies go and that truly breaks our souls.
- Please moderate the use of air conditioning, turning it off if you leave the apartment.
The balcony, which faces a quiet old street, with roman ruins from the old entrance to the city.
The reservation was canceled 23 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Ona was a great host; very communicative and always available for advice. The flat itself was perfect, and in such a fantastic location. A very well equipped kitchen was really useful with small children, and the cat Brooklyn was a huge hit.
We stayed at Ona and Eduard's apartment for 10 days at the beginning of this year and loved every minute of it. The apartment is even more gorgeous in real life than in the pictures, and is in a perfect location. We stayed there with two teenage children, and it was a great place to rest our weary legs at the end of the day (with a few wii games for the kids for their r&r), and then go out again for dinner in the evening! Ona was extremely helpful and a great communicator. Thanks very much for having us!
thank you so much for all your suggestions and useful information you provided for us. The apartment was really fantastic, location could not have been better. Your brother was very welcoming. Brooklyn was a lovely addition to our Barcelona experience. I would have no hesitation in recommended your apartment to any of my friends that are lucky enough to be travelling to your beautiful city.
Good location, great host, cute cat. The best place for cat lover. Thanks Ona.
Excellent flat in the heart of the Gothic quarter and on one of the better streets. Everything we could have asked for was in the flat, Ona was really helpful and made sure that we had everything covered including a detailed handbook with some great recommendations!
This host has 13 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Eduard & Ona
Live jazz and drinks for a great evening.C/ COMTESSA DE SOBRADIEL Barcelona BARCELONA 08002
The Museum of Ideas. You can pay the ticket entrance or stare at the different inventions they sell in the shop.Carrer de la Ciutat Barcelona BARCELONA 08002
A quiet little square with a church and a few chairs to cool down, grab a book and sip a drink. Youll feel like in village.Carrer de Rera Sant Just Barcelona BARCELONA 08002
Old-style Catalan food in a beautiful and iconic restaurant at the entrance of the hip Born neighborhood. Here you can have the food from our grandmothers at a very reasonable price.C/ Argenteria Barcelona 08003
This square is very busy at nights, specially on Friday and Saturday. Come here to dance (Karma rocks) or enjoy the sun in a terrace during the day.Barcelona 08002
Hidden in one of the building of this beautiful square, Pipa Club is a not-so-secret gem for locals. Youll feel like youve sneaked into a crowded party in a friends house, if you go after 1AM.Plaza Real Barcelona 08002
For many, the best Japanese restaurant in the city. Pricey!Calle Sagristans Barcelona 08002
The closest beach from the apartment.Carrer del Baluart Barcelona BARCELONA 08003