About this listing
BEAUTIFUL FULLY FURNISHED ONE BEDROOM.
- True one bedroom with a walk through dressing room/closet
- Separate kitchen with modern appliances
- Giant living room with over-sized sectional that comfortably sleeps a third
- Dining area
- Balcony perfect for morning coffee
- Beautiful Art Deco design with Asian influence
- Central air conditioning
- Wi-fi, cable, all included
- Elevator building with washer and dryer in basement
- Located on a quiet street in historic Chinatown, close to subway F,D,B,6,Q,R and N trains.
- Close to many Citibike stations
- Walking distance to Soho, Little Italy, LES and Financial District.
- Sorry, no pets :-(
- It's a very quiet yet very central area, it's a great feeling to leave the hustle and bustle to find peace and silence to rest. This is hard to find in a city like NYC.
- There is great food around us, simply the best hand-pulled noodles and dumplings just 5 minutes away on East Broadway between Allen and Essex Street. One can roll out of there for only 6 bucks! Also great little cafes and restaurants on Broome street between Orchard and Ludlow. That whole area is really cute, and you can find great shops there as well.
- Shopping: Canal is a great street to do shopping and it's also a great sight. You can find all the fake purses and watches in the world and also Chinese curiosities. Further North you will find NOLITA, another great shopping area with a ton of little boutiques. It could be a bit expensive but very nice for sure. You will also find a lot of nice little cafes in that area.
From Nolita if you head west, you will find yourself in SOHO, you will find the most famous boutiques and shops in this fashion ruled neighborhood. Prada, Chanel, Louis Vuitton to name a few. A great place to have cocktails and oysters in this hood is LURE (Prince st and Mercer st) they have a great happy hour on fridays between 5-7pm (Half price drinks and $1 oysters) These are some of the areas where you can find great things, but this is Manhattan, the entire island is a shopping mall.
- Nightlife, we are about 10 mins away from the LES where you can find a ton of bars, restaurants and music venues. Closer to us, on Doyers st, is a great prohibition style mixology bar called Apothéke. Great cocktails and they (email hidden) jazz band earlier in the night on Wednesdays. Beside Apothéke there is an underground Mexican restaurant called Pulqueria with great food and a bar with dancing on the weekends. For more dancing there is Chloe 81, on Ludlow st between Delancey and Broome. They have a great British DJ on Saturdays. He plays great Rock and Roll, small place so it does not take much for it to be a great little party.
NO SHOES INSIDE. Please, I know it's kind of annoying but NYC's streets are not the cleanest. Plus we do have a white rug which gets dirty just by looking at it. Take it as part of your cultural experience in Chinatown!
NO SMOKING INSIDE NOR IN THE HALLWAYS/ELEVATOR You may smoke on the balcony.
PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF OUR NEIGHBORS This is a very family oriented building, so please keep noise down in the apartment as well as corridors.
Thank you for understanding
We enjoyed the Chinatown apt very much. It was clean, had a lot of light and the living room with its balcony, was larger than expected. It was also nice that there was an elevator in the building. Panos was a great host, when we had a problem with the internet modem he came over right away and installed a new one for us. The location was perfect for us to explore downtown manhattan. Nice place!
Good location, great apartments, everything was super! Thank you very much!
We truly loved staying in this appartment. It's spacey and very clean. The bed is nice and the location is just perfect! Lots of sights at walking distance and a safe and quiet neighbourhood. It looks like the photo's except for some nice design furniture, but I wouldn't leave that too if it was mine . We didn't meet Panos in real life but his response on our questions, also during our stay, was very quick.
Had a great stay at Panos & Eduardo's apartment this past weekend. The place was super close to Canal street. The pictures are accurate and the building required two keys to get in along with two security doors into the room, so it was quite safe. Found some amenities like shampoo and hair dryers after I forgot mine.
Everything was fine in Chinatown. The area felt surprisingly safe compared to how it was 10 years ago. The location itself was perfect. Very close to public transport and within walking distance of the charming Brooklyn Bridge. A 5 minute walk brought us to a very nice organic food store, a 7 minute walk to a regular bog standard grocery chain thing. We didn't really trust all the asian stores, but if you do, you will find them on your doorstep.
The flat itself was clean and provided us with everything we needed. The house was quiet, but of course NYC isn't. It's not supposed to be. So you could hear a lot of noise from the streets. But whoever expects NY to be quiet at night might need to stay in the Upper West Side. So all in all a very good experience and the hosts were very helpful and friendly in the communication. We never saw each other, but they had it all organised perfectly down to the dot, so arrival and checkout went smoothly.
It was a cozy apartment alright smack in the middle of Chinatown. We loved the place and it was exactly the way it was described. We used the car service that the host recommended and it was the best experience. Friendly drivers and very inexpensive fees. I would not take a city can at all after using the car service. My husband and I appreciate you hosting us in your place and we felt very much like New Yorkers! Blessings from Phx,AZ.
This host has 45 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Panos & Eduardo
We are Eduardo and Panos. I, Eduardo, am an Industrial Designer, born and raised in Mexico. I lived in New York for 5 years and now I'm living in Mexico City. And Panos, is an optometrist, living in New York for the last 10 years and spent the last year and a half in Mexico City. We love to travel and have the real local experience. If you come to NYC or Mexico City we can give you all the insight for you to get the local deal as well.
Panos and Eduardo