About this listing
• Your own private room with an Ikea sleeper couch, desk and closet. Large curtained window with natural light and air. Window faces the courtyard, so it's very quiet.
• A really cute, chill dog. A busy host who can tell you the history of the neighborhood and give you insider's tips on culture (music, art museums and galleries).
The price is as it is, but we can negotiate a reasonable reduction as long as I can cover my basics. Same applies for longer stays.
• Kitchen with range/stove, refrigerator, and everything you need to prepare small meals. Electric kettle, espresso maker, tea and coffee to start your day. You can keep food in the fridge and in the cupboards. But, please do not keep food in your room and clean up after yourself.
• Wifi; flat screen TV (no cable) in the living room with Apple TV (I am not a big TV watcher, but watch movies once in a while)
• Clean towels/clean sheets
• Hair dryer and iron
Interaction with Guests
Like so many entrepreneurs (I am a therapist with a new private practice) I am quite busy and always on the go. It's a 2 bedroom apt and I stay in the other bedroom. You may not see me regularly but I do live here. I try my best to answer any questions or concerns that comes up. I will always be reachable by email or one of the chat apps.
• Supermarket and laundromat very close by
• Walking distance to Lower East Side, East Village, Chinatown, SoHo and beyond. Walking distance to Williamsburg over the bridge.
• Very close to East River Park and running track. Great for jogger/runner/walker/biker who wants to circle lower Manhattan under the three bridges and see the Statue of Liberty.
• Quality restaurants and bars to keep you busy and fed. (website hidden)_loc=East+Village,+Manhattan,+NY - find_desc&sortby=review_count&l=p:NY:New_York:Manhattan:Alphabet_City
• Great night life: Nu Blu (website hidden) just around the corner; Nuyorican Poet's Cafe (website hidden)
The Stone (website hidden)
Zum Schneider (website hidden)
and Esperanto (website hidden)
• Excellent coffee shops: 9th Street Espresso ((website hidden)_Street_Espresso/(email hidden)ml
Abraco ((website hidden) - home
and many, many more.
• One of the most culturally and ethnically mixed neighborhood that is very safe and filled with peaceful community gardens.
• Historic Tompkins Square Park. (website hidden)_Square_Park
F train is 3 blocks away, a 10 minute walk through the safe and charming residential streets of East Village.
Bike rentals/CitiBike share nearby
Public buses are a little slow but there are plenty around for rainy days.
Email me for directions from the airports. JFK or Newark.
Other Things to Note
My ideal guests love to travel, not just as tourists; they are curious about how life is lived in other places. Think of yourself staying with a friend of friend's. You don't know this friend but you trust your friend who set it up for you. With this attitude I think we can both benefit from Air B&B, which is really a great service for affordable travel.
My worst guest is someone who is just interested in "budget lodging." I am not a professional service provider, and I am not here to profit. Please don't expect to be treated like a "customer". I am not running a business.
THE APT: As you may have read the reviews left by my former guests, the room and the apt is "small". But keep in mind, for most of the travelers this was their first trip to NYC. They are unaware of how expensive NYC housing is. REMEMBER, NYC is one of the most expensive cities in the WORLD.
By no means my place is luxurious. What you will get a is a quiet, clean place to sleep and rest, freshen up, while seeing the great city of New York.
I work independently so I am in and out most days, but I do work at home some of the days. That said I try to keep my apt clean and try my best to be a good host.
We will negotiate when we start and end our days so we can accommodate each other's schedule for the bathroom.
Single women preferred. Couples okay.
No unexpected guests, i.e. bringing someone you (email hidden)/club, understand you are sharing my home.
Please be considerate of my neighbors, it is a residential building with families. There is no curfew but please be considerate about noise.
No smoking. Thank you.