A romantic private studio with pvt. entrance, Internet, cable TV, refrigerator, coffee and tea-maker. Centrally located. 1 mile to beach, restaurants, and shopping. 2 miles to downtown Santa Monica. 15 mins from LAX. 2 bikes
Charming and romantic describes this unique private studio in an artist's home in Venice Beach. The studio is cozy with a VERY comfortable queen bed. Cable TV and wifi are available. Retreat in a very private, artist's home. Coffee, tea, fridge,microwave, dishes are included in your room. The bathroom has a European romantic feel that will easily accommodate your needs.
We live across the street from a golf course and a park.
FABULOUS LOCATION, ACTUALLY AMAZING!!
We live 1 mile from the beach, 5 minutes from the Venice Canals, 5 minutes from the Marina where boating & kayaking are available. Whole Foods is walking distance as are many trendy restaurants.
2 bicycles are waiting for you!
The famous Abbot Kinney shopping area and 3rd St. Promenade are within minutes from our home. Not to forget the ever intriquing Main Street with a myriad of boutiques, eateries & bars. The boardwalk and the Santa Monica pier are also minutes from this unique home. Ocean Ave is riddled with one restaurant after another.
LAX , Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Museums, Malibu, trendy Silver Lake are all 20-30 minutes away.
Guests have in addition to their own studio and private entrance, a private outdoor sitting area. 2 bicycles are available. There's also a lovely koi pond in the back where you can relax and sip your morning tea or coffee.
Interaction with Guests
We are a very accommodating couple who love travel, will give you help & insight with your stay. We're happy to share the local dives, comedy clubs, & live music with you!
Our neighborhood is unique in all of Los Angeles. Minutes from the beaches, restaurants, galleries, museums, the Venice 'Boardwalk' and 'trendy' Abbott Kinney shopping. Will rogers state park and the Santa Monica mountains for hiking. Marina Del Rey for boating and jet-skiing. Perfect southern california weather.
Santa Monica 'big blue bus' stop is 3 blocks from the house. Two bicycles are available for guests. Street parking is plentiful.
Other Things to Note
We have 2 fun-loving dogs that are restricted from accessing your area. They will bark at you then adopt you.
HAVE A WONDERFUL STAY!!. A $20 refundable key deposit is required at check-in.
1. The RESIDENT agrees there will be NO SMOKING in the house. There are smoking areas in the front private area & the back. If there is evidence of smoking damage inside of the property including odors the RESIDENT risks losing some or all of his/her deposit.
2. The RESIDENT agrees to maintain the PREMISES in a clean, orderly, and lawful manner.
3. Upon vacating the PREMISES, the RESIDENT agrees to leave the PREMISES clean and as upon arrival, with the exception of leaving used towels and linens on the floor.
4. The RESIDENT agrees to use their best effort to turn off the lights and appliances when not in use.
5. The RESIDENT agrees to vacate the PREMISES by 11am on the check out day. If RESIDENT continue to occupy the PREMISES after this time without written approval of the OWNER or HIS MANAGER, RESIDENT agrees to pay additional rent at owner's discretion. Should it be necessary to legally evict the RESIDENT, the RESIDENT agrees to pay ALL costs related to the eviction in addition to the to the above hourly rent.
6. The RESIDENT agrees to occupy the premises in quiet consideration of the neighbors.
7. The RESIDENT agrees to make NO altercation to the PREMISES without the OWNER'S written permission.
8. The RESIDENT agrees to pay the full cost to repair any damage caused by the RESIDENT and his or her family and guests.
9. The RESIDENT agrees to pay the replacement cost equal to the retail value of any missing household items, including linens, cookware, furniture, audio-video equiptment, & art.
10. The RESIDENT agrees not to keep any animals on the PREMISES.
11. The RESIDENT agrees not to sublet any portion of the PREMISES.
12 The RESIDENT agrees that the number of people occupying the residence shall not exceed 2 unless otherwise arranged.
13. The OWNER or HIS MANAGER shall have the right to enter and inspect the PREMISES at any time of they suspect an emergency. Otherwise, 24 hour notice will be given.
14. The OWNER is not responsible for any accidents, injury or death resulting from use of the provided bicycles and RESIDENT(s) agree to use bicycles entirely at his or her own risk.
15. The OWNER is not responsible for any illness or accidents of any kind of RESIDENT OR GUESTS OF RESIDENT that occur during the stay anywhere on the property of the above address.
16. All utilities, cable and wireless internet are paid by the OWNER, unless otherwise agreed.
17. The RESIDENT agrees to park in consideration of the neighbors.
18. The OWNER is NOT liable for the RESIDENT'S OR GUESTS personal property.
My friend and I felt so lucky to have found this gem of a place to stay at for our weekend in Venice. The room and the house were absolutely beautiful, private, and had everything we needed and more. Steve, the host, welcomed us personally, gave us tips and info about the area, and spoke passionately about his art and photography, which I enjoyed immensely. The location was great as well and allowed us to make the most of our weekend.
Everything was great! Steve & Kathy welcomed me when I arrived, gave me a tour of their home and all the information I needed about my stay. I had the freedom to come and go as I needed (private entrance, beautiful private bathroom). Room was lovely, neighborhood was great, always found parking, very happy with my stay!
Amazing!! I feel so lucky to have gotten to stay at this space!
I was greeted personally and given every tip that I needed to have an amazing stay in Venice Beach - including a bike to get around town. This was perfect! I spent my stay biking, and we I needed to recharge I was cozy in the beautiful and shaded garden space.
It was quiet, the neighborhood was nice and quiet and super safe, but so conveniently located to everything you would like to see in Venice. I have friends who were staying at an Airbnb in Venice at the same time - and we all agreed that mine was WAY better! :) All the amenities I needed were there, the wifi and TV were easily accessible. The hosts are just super amazing and super sweet.
I can't say enough how beautiful the space was - inside and out. I can't believe I've been staying in hotels when there are such unique soft spaces to unwind in. The bed was super comfy - and I have a bad neck and back - so that's saying a lot!!
My first day there in was raining and the power went out for a little bit. The hosts made sure that I had candles. :) Amazing!!
Checking in and out was easy as pie. On my last morning, I got to chat with Steve about my upcoming adventure up the coast. He gave me some great tips and made sure that I felt comfortable calling him if I ran into any trouble. It's those little touches that made this stay so amazing!
I can't wait to come back to Venice and stay again!! :)
Steve was a gracious host and was more than willing to accommodate our late arrival (around 11pm). The room is exactly as pictured, if not more beautiful, and Steve's property is lush and inspiring. The two bikes that are made available for renters really are the cherry on top, allowing fast and simple access to Abbot Kinney, the Venice boardwalk, or even just to explore the neighborhood. Lisa and I only wish we had more time to spend at Steve's lovely home. We hope to return as soon as we can.
Steve's home is really nice. It is my first time to use airbnb and I am so lucky that I can find such nice place. Steve and Kathy are very kind to us. They showed their welcome to us and gave us the totally private time in the following days. I believe everyone will love this place.
I simply love this place. It was everything I needed and more. Peaceful, comfortable, and so very cute. Steve was wonderful and easily accessible, but I never needed him! The bathroom is wonderful and spacious, the bed super comfortable and the internet and cable worked great. Thanks again!
We had a wonderful experience staying at Steve's home. The room was comfortable and beautiful, with a gorgeous garden leading up to the private room entrance. The location offered easy access to Venice and Santa Monica. Bikes are available for use, but we ended up walking everywhere or taking Lyft. Steve and his wife (and their dogs!) were very warm and accommodating. They are both artists and it was interesting to hear a little about Steve's film work. We would highly recommend staying here--thanks again Steve!
I am a cinematographer and deep-space astrophotographer. My wife Kathy is an accomplished artist. We love travel, our dogs, and each other. We are very social, love going out to dine, attending concerts, visiting museums, theatre, and enjoy the company of others. When we travel, we love staying in peoples villas/homes. European travel is our favorite.