About this listing
Stay on hole #1 of the golf course.
The house gets lots of sun during the day with 2 stories of windows in the living room and a huge deck that face the sun. You can watch the ocean, airplanes, golfers, and cars while you relax in the living room or on the deck.
Wifi wireless internet, SiriusXM satellite radio in the living room.
2 king beds, 1 queen bed, and 1 futon. 8 people max.
This home was built in 2005, so it is one of the newer homes in Shelter Cove.
Great location, great views, great house.
The whole house, except for a few rooms that I use for storage.
Interaction with guests
I won't meet you in Shelter Cove, but my Property Manager Debra Haley lives in Shelter Cove with her family and can meet you at the house.
1) Turn on the water. The water switch is located below the stairs and has a red handle. The water is on when the switch is in the vertical position.
2) Get the key from the lockbox. The lockbox is located below the stairs and is attached to the water pipe. This key unlocks the main front door. The glass front door should be unlocked and should remain unlocked.
3) Turn on the thermostat and heat. There is no air conditioning. The household thermostat is located in the hallway. The fireplace thermostat is located next to the fireplace. Make sure that the household thermostat mode is on HOLD and not PRGM. The heat can take up to 15 minutes to turn on. If the thermostat temperature is adjusted too many times in a short period of time the furnace will shut down for 4 hours.
4) Check the propane level in the tank. If the propane level is less than 20% please contact the owner.
1) The WiFi data plan is not unlimited. The WiFi is for basic email and web browsing only. Do not download, stream or sync movies, songs, photos or other large files. If you use more than 1 gigabyte of WiFi data per day you will be charged $5 per additional gigabyte out of the deposit.
2) No smoking inside the house.
3) No pets inside the house.
4) No cleaning fish/seafood or game inside the house.
5) Do not take household items outside of the house.
6) Do not barbecue on the deck or close to the house.
7) Keep the patio furniture covered overnight so that it does not get wet and dirty.
1) Start washing and drying the used towels and sheets. The cleaning fee pays for 4 hours of cleaning time, and additional cleaning time will be paid for out of the deposit. Please fold any towels or sheets you have cleaned so that the cleaners know they have been cleaned.
2) Return the patio furniture to the garage and cover the patio furniture.
3) Empty the refrigerators and pantries of all food. Do not leave any food behind for the next guests.
4) Take all of your garbage and recycling with you. If you leave garbage or recycling behind you will be charged a disposal fee of $25 per bag out of the deposit. Do not attempt to burn your garbage. There is a compost pile behind the propane tank.
5) Set the household thermostat and fireplace thermostat to OFF.
6) Lock the front door, close the garage door, and return the key to the lockbox. The lockbox is located below the stairs and is attached to the water pipe. The glass front door should be unlocked and should remain unlocked.
7) Turn off the water. The water switch is located below the stairs and has a red handle. The water is off when the switch is in the horizontal position. Please make sure that the washing machine and dishwasher are not running when you turn off the water to the house.
The easiest way for you to dispose of your garbage and recycling is to take it home with you. But, your car might be full so this might not be an option. This gives you two other options.
The next easiest way for you to dispose of your garbage and recycling is to take it to the Shelter Cove County Site. Get on Shelter Cove Road (the main road out of town that you came in on) and make a left on Beach Rd where there are blue road signs for the dump. Telegraph Creek Road is about half a mile down Beach Rd. The cost per bag is $8.95 bring cash.
Please check (URL HIDDEN) to see if these options may have changed. The information below has been cut and pasted from the link above, so the website is not going to give you much help.
Sheter Cove County Site
Telegraph Creek Rd.
Shelter Rove, CA 95589
No Phone, call Main Office ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Limited recycling drop off
Wed, Thur, Sat, Sun 9:00am-12:00pm
If you can't make it to the Shelfter Cove County Site try the Redway Transfer Station, which is located about 1 hour away towards Highway 101. Get on Shelter Cove Road (the main road out of town that you came in on), go through the town of Briceland Thorn, get to the stop sign in Redway, and make left onto Redwood Dr. Go about a mile and make a left on Conservation Camp Rd, cross the river, and the dump will be on your left in less than a mile. Please check (URL HIDDEN) for the latest hours.
Redway Transfer Station
Conservation Camp Rd, 1/4 mile East of Redwood Drive, Redway
Redway, CA 95560
Tel: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (Message Only)
Recycling Drop off
Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat: 9:00am-4:00pm
Wed, Thu: Commercial Traffic Only