About This Listing
Bright apartment in the absolute heart of the city center, in the Friedrichstraße neighborhood. Heritage-protected building in a classic Berlin-style with high ceilings and original hardwood floors. Very quiet room overlooks the back courtyard.
Bright apartment in the absolute heart of the City, in the posh Friedrichstraße neighborhood - Planckstraße. Heritage-protected building from 1892 in a classic Berlin-style with high ceilings (3,2 meters) and original 120 years old hardwood floors. Behind the famous Admiralspalast and only one step from the legendary subway and metro station Friedrichstraße. Museum Island is only 2 minutes to walk! Also Brandenburger Gate, countless bars and restaurants, parks, shopping malls such as Galeries Lafayette are only few steps from my place!
The apartment is on the first floor and is very quiet because overlooks the back courtyard.
Your cute and cozy room is ca. 15 m² (182 square foot) and overlooks the back courtyard. The room is very quiet and it guarantees a good night's sleep. You can use the modern kitchen, the bathroom and as well the spacious sunny living room with fireplace.
- Double size bed (140cm x 200 cm) and double size couch (140cm x 200 cm) for additional 2 guests
- Wireless Internet (WiFi)
- Fully equipped kitchen with all modcons/appliances, utensils, dishes, pots and pans, dishwasher.
- Clean towels
- Washing machine and soap/detergent (3€ a wash)
- Breakfast: coffee & tee, cereals, etc.
- Optionally I can rent you 2 bicycles (5€ a day for each) to tour the very bike-friendly streets.
- Have fun in Berlin :)
- No smoking
- No parties
- No loud music after 10:00 pm
- Take off your shoes
- Turn off the light when you leave
- Put used dishes in the dishwasher
- Use induction cooked carefully - the surface is very sensitive
Daniel was very welcoming and accommodating and the apartment was as described. He was also nice enough to let us leave our bags there on the day we left because we had a night bus, so that was amazing.
Everything was as described. We had a comfortable time staying is this apt. Location was wonderful!
Everything went as expected. Daniel was a great host and he waited for our late check-in after midnight, as we arranged in our messages.
The room was as described, the house was clean, comfortable and in a strategic position to sightseeing Berlin. Daniel also rent us 2 bikes for a day at 10 euro (5 euro each bike), about half price confronted to the normal rent-services around Berlin.
We enjoyed our stay and Daniel responded almost immediately to our messages. Only one little downside: free internet with WiFi, but not during the night. For us it wasn't a problem, because we spent the nights enjoying the Berlin nightlife! ;)
Great location, so close to the overground and underground stations plus nearby restaurants, bars, a supermarket and a great coffee shop! Daniel was there to meet us to let us in and was very friendly, giving advice on good areas to visit close by.
In terms of accommodation, there was one double bed and a sofa bed. The bed was fine but the sofa bed was very uncomfortable and there was also not enough bedding for the sofa bed. The bedding issue is an easy one to fix but if the sofa bed is needed, expect a bad nights sleep.
The apartment was as described, clean and well kept. The central location meant that all the main attractions were within walking distance. Daniel was a polite host.
This was a truly appalling experience.
1. The room was in a one-bed flat. I had the bedroom. HOWEVER, there was a student living on the floor in the living room! His stuff was strewn around all over the room in bags, with laundry drying, dirty used dishes and glasses lying around. And to cap it all, on the first night I was there this student invited a "friend" over to spend the night as well.
2. Daniel was not there to meet me. He told me late he had deputed this student to be my "host". Hah! The only thing he did was help me hook up on the internet. He was asleep on the floor every morning.
3. There were no towels in my room; the sofa in my room had dirty linen on it, and was covered in crumbs; there was no wardrobe space; and the bed pillow smelled so I discarded it.
4. The bathroom was dirty, with hairs and old toothpaste in the sink, dirty floor complete with soaking old towel being used as a bathmat, and grime and hairs in the bath.
5. The kitchen was untidy with food leftovers and dirty plates lying around.
6. Daniel, who was away in Barcelona, did not come back when he said he would. When he did finally come back, and I complained about the place, he told me I had a problem with my expectations. When I asked for a refund, he refused.
Overall, this was a complete nightmare. It ruined my stay in Berlin. After 3 days [I had stayed on to wait to meet with Daniel] I left.
Happily, Airbnb insisted Daniel give me half of my money back -- and they gave me the rest.
I have had many delightful stays with Airbnb. However, this one was a disaster.
Please avoid this place at all costs and save yourself the hideous experience I had.
Daniel told us that he would not be there and that his friend Nathan would let us check in, which was true and nice of him since we arrived quite late. Unfortunately, we were not informed that Nathan and a friend of his were staying in the apartment too. They were talking for a long time after we went to bed and only stopped because we asked them to since we couldn´t sleep.
Another problem was that the apartment was quite dirty. There were dirty dishes in the sink and the kitchen table had been used but not cleaned, the bathtub was quite dirty and the drain full of hair. Nathan and his friend were staying in the living room and there was a mattress, clothes, a suitcase, bags, etc.
So, we stayed just the first night and then we went to a hotel.
On a positive side, I informed Daniel about this and he said he would call Nathan to see if he could solve the problem.
About the Host, Daniel
I am living in Berlin for the last 8 years. My interests are in technology & engineering, extreme sports, traveling. I am a software developer and I find Berlin to be one of the most exciting cities with its rich history, great nightlife and culture.