About this listing
Spacious and cozy home with over-sized hot tub, sauna, fireplace. 2.5 acre fenced property nestled in Joshua Tree-esque bouldered landscape. Pets welcomed. Magical and relaxing getaway 7 miles from Joshua Tree. Pool Table + Horseshoes. Sleeps 8.
RockHouse Retreat is a desert getaway 7 miles from the town of Joshua Tree with built-in-the-rocks hot tub, fireplace, sauna, bbq, air conditioning, outdoor Franklin Stove for roasting marshmallows, PLUS a separate Game Room with small Pool Table and Dartboard.
Sleeping: Sleeps 8 with 2 queen beds in the dual loft, plus 1 queen bed and 2 sets of double/twin bunk beds in the enormous downstairs bedroom. Excellent for families and friends.
PLAYING / RELAXING
Escape into 2.5 acres of desert serenity to explore, relax, climb, hike, rest, renew, unplug . . . or to simply BE.
Hot tub, sauna and hammocks offer rejuvination and relaxation.
Horseshoes, small Pool Table, Dart Board and boardgames offer endless connection and playtime.
Outdoor old fashioned wood burning Franklin Stove provide warm tidings on chilly evenings for gatherings around the fire and roasting marshmallows.
Star gazing in this remote desert land is mesmerizing.
Rock climbing in your own mini Joshua Tree esque boulder wonderland tests your balance and spirit of adventure.
RockHouse Retreat, nestled in a National Park-like setting on 2.5 acres, sits at 4,000 feet above sea level and is dotted with majestic piñon, ancient junipers, a variety of cactus, gnarled desert oaks – and many other species of plants. Wildflowers abound in the Spring. Most striking is the beautifully bouldered landscape providing for hours of rock scrambling and exploration.
LOCATION * LOCATION * LOCATION:
Located in Yucca Valley adjacent to 100+ acres of largely undeveloped private land. With more than 320 days each year of sunny skies and clear nights, visitors find plenty of time to enjoy nature walks and stargazing and participating in a variety of unique local attractions. Rockhouse Retreat is located in the Rancho Mesa neighborhood of Yucca Valley and is accessible by a graded dirt road.
7 miles from the town of Joshua Tree. 2 hours from Los Angeles. 2.5 hours from San Diego. 45 minutes from Palm Springs. 1.25 hours from Big Bear.
FURY FRIENDS WELCOME:
Bring Your Furry Friends! We are animal lovers and welcome your pets with open arms. The entire 2.5 acre property is fenced to keep your pets safely inside and other wild critters out. Please note that there is a pet fee of $25 per pet for your stay. Limit 2 pets, up to date tags, and house broken. Just a reminder that Joshua Tree National Park does not allow pets on trails.
YOUR HUMBLE HOSTS:
The 2.5 acre property is shared with a separate owner-occupied home, inhabited by mellow and desert loving folks, Nick & Cheryl. We are available for any needs or questions and hope to make your stay as easy and carefree as possible. RockHouse Retreat is a separate home with it's own driveway and outdoor patio.
During the cold winter months (Dec - Feb) it does take a while to heat an in-ground hot tub and thus requires a little advanced planning before your soak in the hot tub. At times it can take up to an hour to heat for full enjoyment. It just requires a little planning ahead. All you need to do it text us and we will get it heating for you in advance. No Glass at the hot tub.
Add'l Info: The home is heated solely by a wood burning stove that puts out a lot of warmth. Firewood is provided. The BBQ uses charcoal or wood - it is not a gas grill. Please bring charcoal or wood should you intend to grill.
Communication / Entertainment:
- No WIFI: We do not have WIFI access. Reliable WIFI can be found in Yucca Valley at Starbucks
- No landline phone. We DO have cell phone service
- Books and Area Guidebooks are plentiful at RockHouse. Guidebooks and lots of reading material is available to you.
The entire house, patio, hot tub, sauna, gameroom, hammocks, horse shoe pits and of course the boulders for scrambling on. :-)
Interaction with Guests
Upon your arrival we will come down to introduce ourselves and give you the lay of the land and then be on our merry way. Should you have any questions, needs or concerns during your stay we are a simple text or phone call away.
Come on out to explore planet "Joshua Tree ... Like Earth, Only Better. It's a symbol of the High Desert, a cultural icon, a state of mind. You'll know when you arrive here, as the clutter of civilization gives way to our beautiful vistas -- yucca, cactus, desert wildflowers, fantastic boulder formations, and of course, our famous Joshua trees. Dark night skies, a rich cultural history, and surreal geologic features add to the attraction of Joshua Tree National Park." - from the Jo(URL HIDDEN)
1. All guests are required to have fun!
2. Smoking is not permitted inside the house.
3. People other than those in the official guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. The unit is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and furnishings in good order.
6. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service.
7. Hot Tub: No children under the age of 16 permitted in hot tubs at any time without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk, use at your own risk. When not using the hot tub, please put the cover back on so hot tub will remain heated.
8. Toilet: Please do not flush anything other than toilet paper.
9. Checkout is at 11am: Leave spare key on dining table.