About this listing
Relax and read, eat, swim, surf, hike or snorkel while staying at our cute and cozy beach house. Only a 15 minute drive from town, the house is seconds from a secluded beach surrounded by beautiful mountains and forests!
My house is located on Playa Maderas with great surfing, fishing, snorkeling, and a one minute walk to the secluded Playa Majagual. It's the perfect getaway and only 15 minutes from San Juan Del Sur.
Click +More for details
- Three bedrooms, each with a full-sized bed, ceiling fan and movable floor fans (no air-conditioning)
- Two lofts (semi private rooms) on opposite sides of the house - floor mattresses as needed.
- Two bathrooms with showers
- Large covered porch
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Board games and interesting books.
- Hammocks hung in the back yard under the porch and trees
- Two large dining tables
My beach house is located in a semi-secluded area in a forest setting with other beach homes. The surroundings are completely natural, with trees providing shade and homes for all kinds of tropical life, including endless varieties of birds and the local Howler monkeys.
Buy your food in San Juan del Sur at the central market. You'll find fresh produce, and a small convenience store with a great variety of imported goods and a selection of meats.
If you're looking for fish, the local fisherman's co-op in San Juan is a short walk down the waterfront in a small wooden building where a wide variety of fish come in every afternoon. And don't forget your speargun or fishing pole, the water outside the house is clear and full of fish.
Once you arrive at my house, there is a small shop nearby that stocks some basic supplies and every other day a produce truck comes to the house with fresh fruits and vegetables.
A one kilometer walk down the beach you will find a group of four bars and restaurants right on the sand serving everything from fish tacos to wood fired pizzas in a brick oven. San Juan del Sur is only 20 mintutes away, and in between there are even more restaurants to choose from.
There are many great places to hike, both to other beaches and in the forest for bird and animal watching.
You can rent surfboards and take lessons at the end of the beach at the restaurants.
There is great fishing from the point at the end of the beach, and you can also arrange fishing, diving, surfing, snorkeling, and other tours from San Juan del Sur.
Guests will be welcome to the entire house, and will have complete privacy.
Our caretaker lives nearby and will meet you with your key. He will be available to help with anything you need.
To arrive at the house from San Juan del Sur:
Rent a Vehicle:
- 4 wheel drive is very preferable in the rainy season.
- Take a taxi from San Juan del Sur to Matilda's Hostel on Playa Majagual, our house is the one with a green roof just before the two story white house. Taxis should cost about $20usd
- From San Juan Del Sur, take a surf shuttle to Maderas Beach, these leave three or four times per day from the various surf shops in town and cost about $5usd, try Casa De Oro.
When you arrive at Maderas beach, you will be at the south end, walk about one kilometer down the beach to the other end. The last building there is Matilda Hostel, walk just past it on the road, turn right and Our house has a green roof, just past the two story white building.
- No smoking inside the house. Outside is fine.