About this listing
Our 1960s holiday house has views across coastal Warrnambool to the Southern Ocean. Very close to town, beaches, hospital and all sporting facilities. Spacious and light filled rooms in with original design features. Large established garden.
'Sandilands' was designed by 1960s Warrnambool architect Tag Walters. The house retains it's 1960s features and charm.
Views from all rooms. A spacious holiday house for up to to four guests in a quiet but central location.
Guests will enjoy
- Two large bedrooms with garden and sea views (one queen bed, one double bed)
- Two bathrooms, one with basin and bath, the other with basin, walk in shower and toilet
- Lounge room with views to the ocean and HD TV, DVD, and CD player
- Central heating and open gas log fireplace in lounge room
- Sunroom, with garden views, a couch and desk and afternoon sun
- Dining room with garden views
- Front balcony with view and outdoor furniture
- Fully equipped kitchen and laundry.
- Barbeque and out door eating area
- Polished floorboards and rugs in living area, carpet in bedrooms
- Established gardens with fruit trees on a 1500 square metre block
- Off-street parking for up to five vehicles.
Other bits and pieces . . .
- DVDs, CDs, books
- Board games and jigsaws
- Tea and coffee
- Maps and tourist information
The house is cool in summer and has cozy central heating for year round comfort. A large balcony with views to the sunset is perfect for evening drinks.
Close to the town centre and coastline. 'Sandilands' is perfect base for explorers of the Great Ocean Road, and people visiting for one of Warrnambool's many famed events like the May Races and the whale watching season.
Interaction with Guests
Guests will enjoy a warm welcome, and have 'Sandilands' all to themselves. We are on hand if needed, and have local knowledge of the area.
Warrnambool is the premier city on the Great Ocean Road. It has a variety of restaurants, hotels, galleries, and shops. A Performing Arts Centre and multiplex cinema . . . It is also the perfect base for day trips along the Shipwreck Coast. Warrnambool itself has fantastic beaches, rugged coastline and extensive bike and walk trails - all in close proximity to 'Sandilands'.
Trian from Melbourne. Five minute walk from the Warrnambool Rail and Bus station to the house.
Plenty of off-street parking
Other Things to Note
This house has two bedrooms, one with a queen bed. One with a double bed.
Baby's cot and high chair available
Pets by negotiation - however no enclosed yard.
No shoes inside - slippers provided