Aloha! Our Kona accommodations are located just 2 miles from the Kona Airport, 5 minutes to Pine Trees (surfing), 7 minutes to Kua Bay and 10 minutes to Kailua-Kona town. This private room is spacious and comfortable, with reasonable rate of $69.
Comfortable, Spacious and Clean. This "Private Room" could be shared with friends and or family members.
Guest will have access to the kitchen and lounge area which offers cable television, password secured Wi-Fi. In the shared bathroom we provide clean bath towels, beach towels, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, after sun (aloe vera lotion) and a first aide kit, for your convenience. Off limits are the laundry room and my bedroom.
Interaction with guests
I love "talking story" with guests and telling them about historical and insightful things to see during their stay on the Big Island. I do provide maps, brochures and the Big Island Best Guide book.
We want everyone to have an Aloha experience! In order to make your stay as pleasant as possible, we ask for your cooperation in observing the following:
The state of Hawaii's General Excise tax of, .04167 and the Occupancy (transit taxes) of .0925 are incorporated in my nightly room rates.
1. Check-in will depend on the arrival information you provide. Because I have a dog, I must have your arrival time prior to you coming, at least two hours or more. I work a 10 hour shift at the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai (full time), therefore I am not always at home and I will need to make arrangements for someone to be here for you. Street parking is available at no additional cost.
Check-out, is at 10:00 am. Early check-in, will be permitted, providing the previous guest has checked out. No restrictions on how late you can arrive.
2. It is customary in Hawaii to remove all footwear, before entering someone's home. Please leave all shoes, sandals, slippers etc., outside (please, no dirty feet either)! Also make sure that all the lanai gates are closed and locked at all times. This prevents the dog and babies from going out on the street.
3. NO consuming of food or drinks allowed in the bedroom, water is OK. This prevents, critters and stains from happening! Eating will be permitted at the dining table and or breakfast bar only.
4. Please stop all loud noises by 9pm. As a courtesy to others who may be asleep, please refrain from slamming the bedroom and bathroom doors. Close all doors softly, quietly and gently. Much Mahalo!
5. No smoking is allowed in the home. Smoking will be permitted outside, at the front of the house, ashtrays provided for your use.
6. Absolutely no illegal drugs of any kind, is permitted in the home or on the property.
7. Do not flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilet. No feminine products, diapers, napkins, rags, etc., should be flushed at any time. Please no food down the sink drain, discard all food in the trash bin.
8. Storm Policy - No refund will be given for storms and natural disasters that may disrupt your travel plans. We will only issue a complete refund if a storm or natural disaster renders this home unsafe to occupy.
9. Bikes, Surf Boards, Stand Up Paddle Boards, etc., should be kept on the Lanai (pourch) or in the garage room.
10. In case of an EMERGENCY, who should be contacted? Please write that person's name and telephone number on the back side of the registration form.
11. The laundry room (washer and dryer) is for the home owners use only and is off-limits to all guest.
12. INDEMNIFICATION. Landlord/Owner shall not be liable for any damage or injury of or to the Renter/Guest, Renter/Guest's family, invitees, agents or employees or to any person entering the Premises or the building of which the Premises are a part or to goods or equipment, or in the structure or equipment of the structure of which the Premises are a part, and Renter/Guests hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Landlord/Owner harmless from any and all claims or assertions of every kind and nature.o
This host has 372 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I was born and raised in Hawaii and I am of Hawaiian descent. I love hula, making lei's and meeting new people from all over the world. I'm the kind of Hawaiian that loves poi, but I do not like poke (raw fish), a'ama crab or anything raw! I am a greeter at the Kona International Airport for the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. I help people from all over the world who are stranded at the airport because of their missed connections or flight cancellations. By accommodating them with a comfortable place to stay. And those who come to Kona on a whim, with no hotel reservations. With my 24 years of experience in the hospitality industry I believe that I will be an excellent host for all future guests.