About This Listing
Jaspers Cottage is a '5 star' rated beautifully decorated 1920's luxury, cosy private hideaway with 3 double bedrooms, central heating and large open log fireplace on a 1/4 acre of lush gardens. Plenty of parking, close to shops cafes and galleries.
Jaspers Cottage is a '5 star' rated beautifully decorated 1920's luxury private hideaway on a 1/4 acre with lots of parking on the premises very close to shops cafes and galleries. A fully furnished romantic and cosy cottage with three double bedrooms including a loft bedroom with French doors leading on to a romantic balcony upstairs. With 2 bathrooms, one having an authentic claw-foot bath and the other a stunning free standing French tub overlooking the beautiful gardens, add to the traditional ambience with all the style of yesteryear. Jaspers boasts elegant antique furnishings, polished timber floors, persian rugs, a large open log fireplace, central heating, and a 24hr monitored alarm. Along with all modern conveniences and comforts we bring a new standard of excellence in fully self-contained accommodation. A Personal Butler or home cooked meals delivered can be arranged along with massages and facials. With sun-drenched decks lots of birds and trees, guests can expect exclusive use of peace, privacy and luxury in the world heritage listed Katoomba in the Blue Mountains.
Jaspers is fully self-contained with everything supplied including beautiful crisp linen and lovely fluffy towels, electric blankets, italian saucepans, TVs, DVD, shampoos, conditioners, CDs, books, games and a BBQ on a large back deck overlooking a beautiful backyard & gardens. A large park is across from the cottage - Melrose Park which spans the length of Jaspers' gorgeous white picket fence so no neighbours to worry about. There is a 'Whats On' of activities and festivals, bush-walking, bike-riding and all the mountains has to offer guide at the cottage along with some lovely restaurants close by. If you would prefer to relax in front of the fire, take-away menus are also supplied for a variety of foods. Alternatively a private dinner at the cottage can also be arranged if cooking is not on the menu.....
Jaspers is just 1.5 hrs from Sydney. It is 1km from Leura and Katoomba golf courses and opposite quiet Melrose Park. The cottage is close to everything this World Heritage-listed region has to offer - Leura's wonderful shopping, markets, the famous Carrington Hotel, Echo Point and the Three Sisters, day spas, cafes and restaurants and all local bush walks. Blackheath Farmers' Markets on the second Sunday of each month is just a 20 minute drive. There's horse riding in the Megalong and Kanimbla valleys, golf at Leura Fairways, the natural wonders of Jenolan Caves and the Zig Zag railway is about an hour away. Katoomba and the upper Blue Mountains is the gateway to the wine region of the west of the State. If you don't want to go that far, try the Carrington Cellars for a huge range of regional wines and local produce.
If you just want to stay at home, Jaspers is extra-warm in winter with a large open log fire and central heating, (rug up and watch the snow flakes falling) has a '24 hr' monitored alarm system, theatre system and 3 TVs. Fully equipped, self-contained kitchen and sun-drenched decks with a barbecue. We can arrange a personal butler or a massage and facial. Most of all, Jaspers Cottage is a luxurious, private space for a break from the city, nestled amongst the trees in a quiet street, it offers peace and seclusion. You wont' want to leave.
Feature List - Non-smoking
Barbeque Cooking Facilities CD Player DVD Player High Chair Linen Supplied Local Telephone Microwave Open Fireplace Playground opposite. Refrigerator, 3 TV's, DVD Player, Stereo, Iron, Central Heating, Open Fireplace, CDs 2 Bathrooms with Claw-foot & Free-standing bath, Books/Games Bush-walking guide 24 hour Alarm monitoring, Electric Blankets
* Relaxing and quiet on 1/4 acre block
* Romantic and cosy with open fireplace
* Enjoy relaxing mountain bush-walks
* Fresh mountain air and exotic bird-life
* Enjoy cafes and galleries
* Short walk to town centre
* Close to all mountain attractions
"Just spent a lovely weekend at Jasper Cottage. We all love it, the old style house was like stepping back into the 1920's. It was peaceful and beautiful, the back garden was like the perfect place to have a sit and relax while reading the book in the sun. We all love our time there and everyone will return back..."
JANE, AUGUST 2011
"Absolutely beautiful cottage in a lovely area. The kitchen was well equipped and the lounge room was so warm and cozy. A lovely clean cottage that felt so inviting. We will definitely be back. Thanks for everything Margie. "
CAMILLE, JULY 2011
"We had a lovely 4 days at Jaspers, the house was beautifully appointed with anitque furniture and the log fire with candles supplied made for great ambience in the cold evenings. The breakfast eggs, crumpets and muffins were greatly appreciated and heartily enjoyed. Thankyou."
BETTYANN, JUNE 2011
"Sooo beautiful thanks! We didn't see much of the mountains as Jaspers is just lovely. The open fireplace sunny decks and birdlife were amazing! The interior design mixing the old world charm with the modern conveniences. WOW! We will be back thanks. Jule + Mark"
JULIE, OCTOBER 2010
"WOW!Jaspers is beautiful. We had the most amazing relaxing stay. The cottage has everything including lots and lots of firewood at no extra charge. We thoroughly enjoyed the sunny decks and peaceful surroundings ...so much bird-life! We didn't want to leave. Will be back Thankyou"
MICHAEL, JULY 2009
"My fiancee surprised me with this wonderful weekend away. How beautiful Jaspers is...attention to detail is amazing! They have thought of everything. Just when we thought they couldn't possibly have it.....there it was. You feel like you have stepped back in time with the gorgeous antiques, open fire-place and claw-foot bath but there is a nice mix with the gorgeous italian saucepans and modern conveniences. Well done Margie! We will definately be back. Jennifer "
JENNIFER, JULY 2009
JASPERS COTTAGE TENANCY AGREEMENT - TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read carefully as the refund of your Bond depends on it.
Please also pass on to ALL other guests in your group. New laws require all guests read the agreement and comply to a Code of Conduct. We are not a Hotel you are booking into self-contained accommodation and new rules apply.
By proceeding with your booking you accept these Terms and Conditions.
83 Fitzgerald Street, KATOOMBA
Tel: (phone number hidden) / Landline @ JASPERS (phone number hidden)
Website: (website hidden)
CHECK-IN TIME:4.00PMCHECK-OUT TIME: 10.00AM
• GUESTS WITH CHILDREN must take responsibility for full supervision with STAIRS and Loft Balcony doors being kept locked at all times unless adults present. PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS FOR BABY-GATES.
• PLEASE KEEP CHILDREN OUT OF LOFT CUPBOARDS. Thankyou.
• Rental paid in full before your booking. Check-In 4.00pm / Check-Out 10.00am – if you leave later than time stated charges will apply. Your alarm code for Check-In will not activate until 4.00pm.
• Strict cancellation policy. Refunds only available if more than 8 weeks notice is given. Acts of nature including storms, fires or floods refunds only given if access to roads are blocked. Any bookings under the 8 week period monies paid are forfeited and any monies due must be paid in full regardless.
• All guests are given their own exclusive alarm code, which protects each guest being charged for any theft or breakages they are not responsible for. A BOND of $500 is ‘held’ but not processed until checkout. The $500 is released on check-out if property left in a clean and tidy condition and no loss or damage to the property. We reserve the right to charge your credit card if any damage, theft, lights/heating left on OR property left in untidy manner.
• On Check-out you must turn lights, heating and electric blankets off & leave the property as you found it, clean and tidy, washing up done or dishwasher stacked, towels in tubs and all rubbish placed in bins under the house. BBQ OVEN & COFFEE MACHINE MUST ALSO BE CLEANED AFTER USE.
There is a $50 charge if not done. Enter your alarm code, keys left inside and TEXT “JASPERS Check-out - HEATING OFF” (phone number hidden) and a new code will be activated. There is a charge if Heating is left on.
• If you are going out, please ensure the lights, central heating and electric blankets are switched off with screen in front of fireplace and alarm armed.
• IF THE NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS INCREASES FROM THOSE STATED AT THE TIME OF BOOKING PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY. VISITORS ONLY ALLOWED DURING TENANCY IF WE ARE NOTIFIED. FOR INSURANCE AND SAFETY REASONS ANY BREACH OF THE NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS OTHERWISE STATED, THE TENANCY WILL BE TERMINATED
• STRICT LAWS STATE THE MAXIMUM ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES AND IN THE COTTAGE IS SIX.
ALL PERSONS OVER THE AGE OF 3YRS MUST BE IN A BED.
• NO NOISY PARTIES OR LOUD MUSIC ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. We have lovely neighbours and we are in a residential area so please be respectful. Any complaints by neighbours or the Police your tenancy will be terminated immediately.
• ALL GUESTS MUST TAKE OFF THEIR SHOES BEFORE ENTERING THE COTTAGE. Please arrange to take slippers or socks with you. Thankyou.
• Please report any breakages, damages or lost keys by contacting my Manager Petrina (phone number hidden)) or the owner, Margie (phone number hidden)). We have a spare key hidden if you lock yourselves out. Pls contact the owner.
• Books or any other items (except picnic basket) should not be taken off the property without prior permission.
• Pls feel free to pull out dining table/chairs in lounge to suit better for dining. These are set in ‘bay window’ for display purposes and not always practical depending on the no. of guests. Please put back after use thanks so much.
• NO SMOKING OR MATCHES ALLOWED in cottage. Please take care with butts outside especially in summer. Ashtrays are supplied.
• Tea-light candles on glass holders ONLY allowed at the cottage. Holders supplied. NO TALL CANDLES ALLOWED IN COTTAGE.
• PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
• We reserve the right to cancel a booking or refund monies at any time.
• We reserve the right for the Manager of JASPERS COTTAGE to arrive at the property at any time if complaints or concerns are raised.
• Any infringement of these conditions may require us to refuse keys or immediately terminate the tenancy.
• To the extent permitted by law, we will not be held responsible, and we exclude all liability, for any sickness, personal injury or loss or damage of personal property that you or another person (guest) may suffer in connection with the offer or supply of services by JASPERS COTTAGE.
Thankyou for your respect and co-operation and we wish you a pleasant stay.
Margie and Petrina (Manager)
This was the perfect location for a Blue Mountains getaway. The cottage had all the charm we were expecting and more. It contained everything we needed including the homemade ANZAC biscuits! Margie, our host, was an absolute delight to correspond with and recommended some great antique shops. It was a lovely stay and I highly recommend this property.
We have just spent a delightful few days in the Blue Mountains best find was our lovely accommodation ideally located near all attractions house lovely only down side we could only spend two nights. Margie looked after us well would love to revisit again
This was a lovely little house in the suburb of Katoomba. Half way between the main area of Leura and Katoomba, so it was nice and easy to get to both areas.
Margie has done a great job at setting up a beautiful house, the fireplace is nice and cosy (with the extra warmth of central heating). The way Margie has decorated the house made it seem as if I had walked into something for the early 20th Century, which was lovely!
Everything was clean and well kept (the Kitchen is beautiful)!
Margie was a great host as well, she promptly wrote back to me whenever I had queries, and has provided a large information book in the house, which outlines a variety of great attractions, restaurants, cafes etc. Loved it!
Thanks Laura thats a lovely review. Yes we tried to mix the heritage of the house (1920's) with the modern appliances! Thanks for appreciating it. JASPERS was my first (baby)! and now we have four in the mountains!
Hope to have you stay again Laura and I will look after you.
Regards Margie :)
This is a very nice location. The house is cozy and very clean. The living area has a great feel to it, with a fabulous fireplace. The kitchen is very well equipped.
The only negative issue I found with this house is that the shower in the downstairs bathroom is low, and it is hard for a regular sized person to fit under it while standing up straight. Otherwise, I would give this place 5 stars.
This host has 37 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Margie
I love people and being a host is a great way of meeting all sorts of guests from all over the world! I look forward to welcoming new guests to this part of the world .