About this listing
Create a memorable vacation by staying at this clean, relaxing, comfortable private bedroom and living room in family friendly Park Slope.
Perfect location for exploring both sides of the river. A wealth of information will be at your fingertips.
Three things guests love about my home are:
- Spacious and Clean - You could read all the previous reviews of how clean and spacious your private bedroom and living room are.
- Comfortable bed - lots of guests comment on the good night sleep.
-Attention to detail - I have been hosting for 5 years and I try to think of your traveling needs. Guests love my guide book and mention it in their reviews. If I'm missing something please let me know.
Two things my guests don't love about my home:
- Shared home - I'll be your roommate during your trip and I work from home and there is no private bathroom. But the duplex has two bathrooms and I give you plenty of privacy.
- Not in Manhattan - but a very short 20 minute subway ride. You get to hear the birds and see the squirrels.
Private entrance to your living room room and queen size bed room in a 2-bedroom duplex house. The private bedroom has a very comfortable queen size bed, sleeps two, with fresh linens and 2 closets for you to unpack.
The private living room has a desk, TV, with HBO and Showtime, and a sofa bed that sleeps two. I provide clean sheets, towels and robes for your use. Free WIFI is accessible in the entire apartment and backyard. On this floor there is a small bathroom with a shower. And my bedroom.
On the first floor there is my private second living room, but you're more than welcome to use the second bathroom with a tub, dinning table and kitchen that are also part of this floor.
Lastly, there's a sunny private backyard with organic vegetables and herbs where you can relax in the hammock. And yes, I share the harvest.
There is an apartment above us that I rent via airbnb https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/76761.
Sometimes you could hear the other guests walking above as this is a 100 year old home. Sometimes you don't hear them. Be aware of it.
Prices vary depending on the season and number of guests. Calendar shows correct prices for 1 person.
- Private entrance to your...
- Private living room with sofa bed (sleeps 2), TV, desk, AC, heat and ceiling fans.
- Private bedroom (queen size bed sleeps 2), closets, AC, heat and ceiling fan
- My bedroom
- Small bathroom with shower
- Fully equipped kitchen - which you can use
- My private living room
- Dining room
- Second bathroom with tub - which you can use
- Access to backyard - which you can use
Me. I use the adjacent bedroom on the 2nd floor. I mostly work from home so my preference are guests who will be discovering NY.
Check-In at/after 3:00pm
Check-Out at/before 11:00am
Other times can be arranged, please ask.
Please contact me to check dates, tell me a bit about yourself and your trip BEFORE you request a booking. The calendar is accurate but I might be in communication with other guests.
NOTE: If you would like to check the pricing, you can enter the dates you are interested in and click "book it", the next screen will show you the final price before you process payment and confirm.
You have access to your bedroom, living room, all bathrooms, kitchen and the backyard.
Interaction with Guests
I will be sharing the apartment with you and will be available to answer any questions.
I'm located on 14th Street between Fourth and Fifth ave in Park Slope. It's a family friendly quiet and safe neighborhood. Park Slope is considered one of New York City's most desirable neighborhoods. I have lived here for over 20 years. I'm walking distance to Prospect Park, amazing restaurants, bars and live music.
Four blocks from the F, G and R trains at 9th Street and 4th Avenue stations. Less than 20 Minutes to Manhattan. You can see a map in my photos.
Other Things to Note
The apartment is a duplex with a bathroom in each floor.
My rules are simple:
• No pets - sorry fido has to stay home
• No parties, no outside visitors or overnight guests without previous approval from your host.
• Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere on the property.
• If you break or damage something, please let me know and arrange for its replacement or repair.
• Do not leave any food out that will attract uninvited pests. Our home is pest-free and we intend to keep it that way with your help. :)
• No smoking - also don't discard your cigarettes in the house trash cans. They get stinky.
• Recycle - I get fine from the city if we don't recycle properly.
• Return all keys.
From May 1 - Oct 1, 2016 the minimum stay is 4 nights.