About this listing
Beautifully furnished grand 1800's 5 bedroom home catering for 10 guests or separating the two dwellings.. 8 guests upstairs and 2 guests downstairs in JILLS HONEYMOON HIDEAWAY.
A private fully self-contained contemporary apartment.
JILLS RETREAT is a 5 star rated 'Grand Dame' ....Upstairs is a fully self-contained, 1800's historic home for eight guests upstairs and two guests downstairs. With high ceilings, original timber floors, open fireplace, 4 large bedrooms with three queen sized and one double, 2 bathrooms including ensuite spa bath and French Tub with views to the garden. The main bedroom features an ensuite French tub which looks out onto the front garden. Downstairs is JILLS HONEYMOON HIDEAWAY, a luxury private hideaway just for 2!. Stunning self-contained private oasis. Just (website hidden) JILLS HONEYMOON HIDEAWAY.
Let us organise 'Private chefs' for that dinner party, luncheon or breakfast if cooking is not on the menu! We have our own masseuse and yoga instructor that will arrive at the 'Retreat' for your convenience!
Alternatively ask about our gorgeous Wine, fruit and cheese hampers, or antipasto plates ..sweet, savoury or gourmet and BBQ hampers ...we can deliver for you ..no need to shop!
Soak up and relax with a glass of bubbly whilst you listen to the birds. Afterwards, there's an open fireplace in the lounge room or wander down the winding terraces to read a book in the beautiful Bali Hut, newly constructed in a private area of the garden.
The home is set on 1/2 an acre of lush grounds with it's own natural spring, large sunny decks overlooking beautiful trees, gardens and views of Leura town centre in the distance. JILLS RETREAT offers peace, tranquility and seclusion, midway between Leura and Katoomba villages, 5 mins to Leura shops, cafes and galleries.
Enjoy a glass of wine sitting in front of the fire, in the spa-bath or on the 4 sun-drenched decks and listen to the abundance of beautiful native bird-life, peace and quiet. Nestled amongst the trees and greenery is a stunning authentic Bali Hut to lay back and relax with a good book or a glass of bubbly!
3 mins to beautiful Echo Point and Jamison Valley views, explore a bush-walker's paradise. Enjoy many villages, historic pubs, many and varied shops cafes, National Parks and galleries.
Visit the local markets and enjoy the fresh produce.
Play a round of golf at beautiful Leura Golf Course, a short 5 min drive
Let us arrange a personal butler or relaxing massage during your stay.
Enjoy the outdoor setting and BBQ or wander through the gardens
If you are looking for a romantic, quiet, peaceful holiday, this is the place for you.
We also have
JASPERS COTTAGE (website hidden). a beautiful 4 star rated 1920's 3 bedroom 2 bathroom luxury cottage in Katoomba if you would like to have friends or family stay close by.
JILLS RETREAT is beautifully decorated with an open log fireplace, elegant furnishings, high ceilings, original timber floors, persian rugs, back to base alarm, central heating, spa-bath along with all modern conveniences and comforts including surround sound theatre system, to bring a new standard of excellence in fully self-contained accommodation. A Personal Butler can be arranged or 'Breakfast in Bed'.. if cooking is not on the menu!
Massages and facials can also be arranged.
JILLS RETREAT is fully self-contained with everything supplied including lovely fluffy towels, beautiful crisp linen, electric blankets, italian saucepans, TVs, DVD, shampoos, conditioners, CDs, books, games and a BBQ on a large back deck overlooking beautiful grounds and gardens. With sun-drenched decks lots of birds and trees, guests can expect peace, privacy and luxury in the world heritage listed Katoomba, Blue Mountains.
**GIFT BOX Hampers also available on request from
"A GIFT IN A BOX" Gift Specialists using local produce.
*BBQ GiftBox Hamper
(includes t/bone steaks, sausages, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes & salad essentials along with apple pie, strawberries and vanilla ice-cream)
*WINE FRUIT CHEESE GiftBox Hamper
includes Grant Burge The Cellar Cut Cabernet Sauvingon Shiraz, Ogilvie Mixed Olives and Roasted Peppers Antipasto, Ogilvie Caramel Onion and Balsamic Relish, Gourmet Nut Co. Honey Coated Peanuts, Maggie Beer Quince Paste, Baylies Gourmet Crackers with Seaseme Seeds, Beatties Xlent Cheese Biscuits, Prestige Brie, Gourmet Fardoulis Chocolates & an assortment of fresh fruit.
JILLS RETREAT & JILLS HONEYMOON HIDEAWAY TENANCY AGREEMENT
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read carefully as the refund of your Bond depends on it.
Please also pass on to ALL other guests in your group. New laws require all guests read the agreement and comply to a Code of Conduct. We are not a Hotel or “Party House” we are a ‘RETREAT’ for unwinding and relaxing. You are booking into self-contained accommodation and local councils have changed laws and new rules apply.
By proceeding with your booking you accept these Terms and Conditions.
22 York Street, LEURA
Tel: (phone number hidden)
CHECK-OUT TIME: 10.00AM
• Rental paid in full before your booking. Check-In 4.00pm / Check-Out 10.00am – if you leave later than time stated charges will apply. Your alarm code for Check-In will not activate until 4.00pm.
• Strict cancellation policy. Refunds only available if more than 8 weeks notice is given. Acts of nature including storms, fires or floods refunds only given if access to roads are blocked. Any bookings under the 8 week period monies paid are forfeited and any monies due must be paid in full regardless.
• All guests are given their own exclusive alarm code, which protects each guest being charged for any theft or breakages they are not responsible for. A BOND of $600 is ‘held’ but not processed until checkout. The $600 is released on check-out if property left in a clean and tidy condition and no loss or damage to the property. We reserve the right to charge your credit card if any damage, theft , lights/heating left on OR property left in untidy manner.
• ALL GUESTS MUST TAKE OFF THEIR SHOES BEFORE ENTERING THE HOME & HONEYMOON HIDEAWAY. Please arrange to take slippers or socks with you. Thankyou.
• You must leave the properties as you found them, clean and tidy, washing up done, dishwasher stacked, towels in tubs and all rubbish placed in bins at the entrance to the driveway. Blinds must be left at half-mast in JILLS HIDEAWAY.
• On Checkout you must turn lights, heating and electric blankets off, enter your alarm codes, keys locked in KEY-SAFES & clear nos, and TEXT “JR+JH Check-out - Heating off” (phone number hidden) and new codes will be activated.
• If you are going out, please ensure the central heating and electric blankets are switched off with screen in front of fireplace and alarm armed.
• IF THE NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS INCREASES FROM THOSE STATED AT THE TIME OF BOOKING PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY. OTHER PERSONS (VISITORS) ONLY ALLOWED DURING TENANCY IF WE ARE NOTIFIED.
• FOR INSURANCE AND SAFETY REASONS ANY BREACH OF THE NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS OTHERWISE STATED, THE TENANCY WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY. STRICT LAWS STATE THE MAXIMUM ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES AND IN THE PROPERTY IS 8 GUESTS UPSTAIRS AND 2 GUESTS DOWNSTAIRS.
ALL PERSONS OVER THE AGE OF 3YRS MUST BE IN A BED.
• NO NOISY PARTIES OR LOUD MUSIC ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. We have lovely neighbours and we are in a residential area so please be respectful. Any complaints by neighbours OR GUESTS downstairs or the Police, your tenancy is terminated immediately.
Pls be courteous with noise at a minimum especially when arriving late at night or leaving early.
• BBQ OVEN & COFFEE MACHINES MUST ALSO BE CLEANED AFTER USE.
There is a $50 charge if not done. Thanks.
• Please report any breakages, damages or lost keys by contacting the owner, Margie on (phone number hidden)).
• Books or any other items (except picnic basket) should not be taken off the property without prior permission. No furniture or items within the home are allowed to be moved. If you have children please put items back how you found them.
• NO SMOKING OR MATCHES ALLOWED in house. Please take care with butts outside especially in summer. Ashtrays are supplied.
• Tea-light candles on glass holders ONLY allowed at the home. Holders supplied.
• NO TALL CANDLES ALLOWED IN HOUSE.
• FUEL FOR 2 NIGHTS IS LEFT FOR ECO-FIRE IN JILLS HONEYMOON. IT IS FOR AMBIENCE AT NIGHT ONLY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE GUESTS ALLOWED TO BUY THEIR OWN FUEL.
• PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
• We reserve the right to cancel a booking or refund monies at any time.
• We reserve the right for the Manager of JILLS RETREAT to arrive at the property at any time if complaints or concerns are raised.
• Any infringement of these conditions may require us to refuse keys, amend the rent or immediately terminate the tenancy.
• To the extent permitted by law, we will not be held responsible, and we exclude all liability, for any sickness, personal injury or loss or damage of personal property that you or another person (guest) may suffer in connection with the offer or supply of services by JILLS RETREAT and JILLS HONEYMOON HIDEAWAY.
Thankyou for your respect and co-operation and we wish you a pleasant stay.
Margie and Catherine (Manager)
Concertina doors open out to the large deck overlooking the large lush grounds and stunning gardens and birdlife
A bunch of lovely but very busy ladies needed a relaxing weekend away and we got so much more then that when we stayed at Jill's retreat. Margie was the kindest and most patient of hosts who went above and beyond to ensure that we felt cared for and welcome in this beautiful home. It was all the little details that made it all the more special, such as providing lots of helpful information, actively sourcing great restaurants and organising someone to come for massages. All the ladies had such a wonderful time that they committed to making it a more regular weekend get together (which for a bunch of working mums is a miracle). Thanks Margie for everything. And of course we had the most wonderful nurturing masseuse, Wendy, who was an absolute angel of delight. Ahhh, life is good.
Perfect place to stay and will definitely love to stay again. Great setting, rooms, linen, amenities, communication. 10/10 Kind regards coco
The host was very thoughtful and helpful. The house was very well equipped and user friendly.
The area was close to Katoomba in a residential area with a huge garden. We visited in winter, I suspect the garden would be very pretty in spring
We rented out both upstairs and the "honeymoon" suite downstairs for the weekend while we were getting married in Katoomba.
Absolutely immaculate place and would recommend it to everyone. With a choice of 3 BBQs and a massive upstairs deck, how can you go wrong:)
This host has 38 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Margie
I love people and being a host is a great way of meeting all sorts of guests from all over the world! I look forward to welcoming new guests to this part of the world .