Please READ the LISTING ;-) and CONTACT us for availability BEFORE you book! Netiquette wins hearts and minds: A few bits of information about the purpose of your stay and your travel companions are much appreciated too. Many thanks!
The room is part of an apartment where we - Jasmin and Juan - live and work together. It is located not only near but truly in the very MIDDLE of Dresden's city center.
What more is there to desire than waking up in the morning in an East-facing bed with a stunning view over Dresden's very own juwel, the recently rebuilt Frauenkirche (Church of our Lady), with the first rays of sunlight tickling your face? What more could you wish for than enjoying a hearty breakfast in our cozy yet just spacious enough kitchen and then heading out and having the city with its unique lifestyle at your doorstep? You could be roaming the multitude of city-center attractions, sights and (in the season) many Christmas markets and still come back to your accommodation in just 5 minutes to drop off some of your newly acquired goodies (chocolates, craft work, souvenirs...), grab a bite to eat or cup of coffee, warm yourself up, freshen up in the bathroom ;) or have a little rest. Lastly, what more beautiful way to finish your day is there than watching the night fall on Dresden's Old market, which hosts the famous "Striezelmarkt" Christmas market during the Christmas season, with its streams of passers-by ceasing slowly, from above in the warmth of your room with a glass of tea or wine at hand? That's right: Very little! This is why we live here and are proud of our sweet home with its unrivaled city center location - and we are looking forward to sharing a part of it with you again this year!
- a bright, East-facing combined living room/bedroom with two sofa beds (#1: queen size of 140 x 200 cm with a good spring mattress, #2: prince size (aka small double or three quarter) of 120 x 200 cm)
- wide-screen TV and DVD player for those cosy film/photo evenings at home
- a view of the Frauenkirche and the Old Market (in December: the famous Striezelmarkt Christmas market)
- city maps and information about what to do and see in Dresden
- linen and towels included, of course!
SHARED FACILITIES (with the two of us):
- bathroom / WC
- friendly neighbors ;)
- our West-facing balcony/terrace
- tram station at your doorstep and 2 min walk to Dresden's main public transport hub (Postplatz)
- 20 minutes walk or 10 minutes by tram from/to the Hauptbahnhof (central station) or Bahnhof Neustadt station
- 30 minutes suburban train and tram ride from/to Dresden airport
- joint use of our parking space is possible (no extra charge)
SHOPPING/FOOD & DRINK:
- plenty of shops and malls across the street (Altmarkt Gallery, Centrum Gallery, and small retail) and around the corner (Quartier M)
- bakeries, cafés, restaurants, pubs in our block and many more in the 'Weisse Gasse' restaurant quarter around the corner
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS/SIGHTS within 5-min walking distance:
- Residenzschloss (Royal Palace) with the Historic and New 'Green Vault' (unrivalled treasure chambers), the Armoury in the Giants' hall, Turkish Chamber, Collection of Prints, Drawings and Photographs and Hausmann Tower
- the baroque Zwinger palace with the 'Old Masters' fine art gallery, porcelain collection and the fantastic Royal Cabinet of Mathematical and Physical Instruments
- Semperoper (opera house)
- Frauenkirche on the Neumarkt (new market)
- Kreuzkirche on the Altmarkt (old market)
- Brühl's Terrace, Brühl's Garden and underground fortifications
- Albertinum with the 'New Masters' fine art gallery and sculpure collection
- Academy of the Arts (Kunsthalle in the Lipsiusbau) with its glass dome (nicknamed 'lemon squeezer' on account of its form) which houses special exhibitions
...and many many more.
MORE SIGHTS (>5 min walking distance):
- when the weather is nice, the Elbe river meadows invite you to rest, watch films at night (June-August) and talk walks, e.g. towards the 'Canaletto view' and the bell pavillion near the...
- Japanese Palace (Museum of Ethnology with the Damascus Chamber)
- Baroque quarter around Königstraße (King's street) and Rähnitzgasse
- German Hygiene Museum (a unique cultural, social and science museum of human experience) with great permanent and changing special exhibitions for adults and children
- the nearby 'Transparent Factory' of Volkswagen (which produces the VW Phaeton)
- Street art, pubs, cafés, clubs and the 'Kunsthofpassage' in Dresden's in-scene quarter, the Outer Neustadt
- Bundeswehr Military History Museum (featured as one of the New York Times '41 Places to Go In 2011' in the year of its reopening - and it really is an amazing and very different kind of military history museum)
- Yenidze (former cigarette factory, built to resemble a moorish mosque)
- the three Elbe castles: Albrechtsberg, Lingner and Eckberg castles
- Hanging bridge 'Blaues Wunder' (blue wonder) and artsy Loschwitz village with its cablecars and views
- castle Schloss Pillnitz
- castle Schloss Moritzburg
- 'Saxon Switzerland'/ Elbe sandstone mountains (national park with spectacular rock formations)
...and also much much more.
WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT THIS ACCOMMODATION? (airbnb asks us)
Well, undoubtedly its very VERY central location in this lovely, lovable (website hidden): Since we've been asked about this often: We are a typical family household, so if you need anything that is commonly used in modern homes like a hairdryer etc.: You're more than welcome to use these things!! If you have any questions: Simply ask us and we'll be happy to help you out! :)
Staying at Jasmin and Juan's place was my best Airbnb experience! They gave me a generous hospitality. The room is pretty spacious and so organized. I had a great time chatting with them with delicious dinner which Juan cooked. I would definitely recommend their place for visiting in Dresden!!! Thank you Jasmin and Juan!
Jasmin and Juan are perfect hosts! They were very welcoming, gave me lots of tips for places to see and things to do and made my stay in Dresden very enjoyable.
Their flat is perfectly situated and the bedroom is a great size with a good view and lots of sunlight.
It is a beautiful city, very calm and relaxed and I would definitely recommend Juan and Jasmin's hospitality to anyone travelling to Dresden.
Despite rapid was unforgettable. A super good people couple. The apartment is well located, close to the train station, a few meters from the main attractions of Dresden. Super clean and organized.
If you want to meet hosts who do this out of passion and truly enjoy company, if you are happy about making friends with locals, if you are impressed by a nice dinner and a lovely chat, this is the place to stay at in Dresden. I really felt like at home and appreciated all the comforts and cleanliness of the flat, the awesome coffee in the mornings, the great dinners, but most of all the company of Jasmin and Juan, and returned back home with the fuzzy warm feeling of having made new friends. Thank you guys for your hospitality! (There are not enough words...)
wir haben uns sehr wohl gefühlt bei juan und jasmin. die lage der wohnung ist sowieso spitzenmäßig und dann noch die herzliche gastfreundschaft. ohne viele worte zu machen ... hinfahren und glücklich sein/werden :-)
Juan and Jasmin are two of the sweetest, most welcoming hosts I've encountered on all my travels. They really went out of their way to make me feel like one of the family. Their space is terrifically located and well-appointed and I'd highly recommend it to anyone visiting Dresden. Thank you so much, guys!
Juan und Jasmin waren perfekte Gastgeber, einige Hotels können sich da noch eine Scheibe abschneiden!! Vielen herzlichen Dank für eine wunderschöne Zeit bei euch, Kost und Logis waren einzigartig, lecker und bequem. War wirklich ein Gefühl wie zu Hause!! Erholung pur! Tolle Stadt, tolle Sehenswürdigkeiten, lecker süße Sachen, ein super Flair und nette Menschen. Dresden ist immer eine Reise wert und wir waren bestimmt nicht das letzte Mal da.
Ein unvergesslicher Aufenthalt bei einem Gastgeber aus Leidenschaft. Wir haben uns auf Weihnachtsmarkt und Glühwein in der Weihnachtsstadt eingestellt und Juan hat das mit vielen tollen Extras wie ein Ausflug zum Blauen Wunder und zum Aschenputtelschloss mehr als getoppt. Wir fühlten uns sehr wohl und wie zu Hause. Juan hat uns fabelhaft bekocht und wir hatten dadurch einen wunderschönen Kurzurlaub. Ich möchte nicht zu viel schwärmen, weil ich dich lieber als Geheimtipp behalten möchte, damit ich auf jeden Fall ein Plätzchen habe, wenn ich das nächste Mal nach Dresden fahre. Vielen vielen herzlichen Dank für alles! Liebi Grüess us dr Schwyz Simone und Alexa
Wohnen bei Juan und Jasmin war wirklich mehr als ein Unterkunft! Ich habe mich sowohl sehr Gast und sehr zuhause gefühlt. Schöne Gespräche, leckeres Essen und natürlich den Kaffee waren unvergesslich!
We had an excellent stay at Jasmin and Juan's flat in Dresden. The flat is ideally located in the city center. We felt immediately at home thanks to their warm welcome and their genuine care. And we can now tell Juan's cooking is rightly famous !