Please READ the LISTING ;-) and CONTACT us for availability BEFORE you book! Netiquette wins hearts and minds: A few bits of information about the purpose of your stay and your travel companions are much appreciated too. Many thanks!
Additional info: From July to September and in December we do NOT accept guests for 1-night stays. Outside of those months, we only accept 1-nighters in EXCEPTIONAL (and well-explained!) circumstances! We love our city and find that Dresden is much too beautiful and diverse for such a very short stay - and we also want to be able to get to know you a little, not just do laundry/cleaning up! Thank you for understanding. With much love, J&J
The room is part of an apartment where we - Jasmin and Juan - live and work together. It is located not only near but truly in the very MIDDLE of Dresden's city center.
What more is there to desire than waking up in the morning in an East-facing room with a stunning view over Dresden's very own juwel, the recently rebuilt Frauenkirche (Church of our Lady), with the first rays of sunlight tickling your face? What more could you wish for than enjoying a hearty breakfast in our cozy yet just spacious enough kitchen and then heading out and having the city with its unique lifestyle at your doorstep? You could be roaming the multitude of city-center attractions, sights and (in the season) many Christmas markets and still come back to your accommodation in just 5 minutes to drop off some of your newly acquired goodies (chocolates, craft work, souvenirs...), grab a bite to eat or cup of coffee, warm yourself up, freshen up in the bathroom ;) or have a little rest. Lastly, what more beautiful way to finish your day is there than watching the night fall on Dresden's Old market, which hosts the famous "Striezelmarkt" Christmas market during the Christmas season, with its streams of passers-by ceasing slowly, from above in the warmth of your room with a glass of tea or wine at hand? That's right: Very little! This is why we live here and are proud of our sweet home with its unrivaled city center location - and we are looking forward to sharing a part of it with you again this year!
- a bright, East-facing combined living room/bedroom with two sofa beds (#1: queen size of 140 x 200 cm with a good spring mattress, #2: prince size (aka small double or three quarter) of 120 x 200 cm)
- wide-screen TV and DVD player for those cosy film/photo evenings at home
- a view of the Frauenkirche and the Old Market (in December: the famous Striezelmarkt Christmas market)
- city maps and information about what to do and see in Dresden
- linen and towels included, of course!
SHARED FACILITIES (with the two of us):
- bathroom / WC
- friendly neighbors ;)
- our West-facing balcony/terrace
- tram station at your doorstep and 2 min walk to Dresden's main public transport hub (Postplatz)
- 15-20 minutes walk or 10 minutes by tram from/to the Hauptbahnhof (central station) or Bahnhof Neustadt station
- 30 minutes suburban train and tram ride from/to Dresden airport
- joint use of our parking space is possible (no extra charge)
SHOPPING/FOOD & DRINK:
- plenty of shops and malls across the street (Altmarkt Gallery, Centrum Gallery, and small retail) and around the corner (Quartier M, Quartier F)
- bakeries, cafés, restaurants, pubs in our block and many more in the 'Weisse Gasse' restaurant quarter around the corner
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS/SIGHTS within 5-min walking distance:
- our direct neighbor: Residenzschloss (Royal Palace) with the Historic and New 'Green Vault' (unrivalled treasure chambers), the Armoury in the Giants' hall, Turkish Chamber, Collection of Prints, Drawings and Photographs and Hausmann Tower
- the baroque Zwinger palace with the 'Old Masters' fine art gallery, porcelain collection and the fantastic Royal Cabinet of Mathematical and Physical Instruments
- Semperoper (opera house)
- Procession of the Princes (famous porcelain mural)
- Frauenkirche on the Neumarkt (new market)
- Kreuzkirche on the Altmarkt (old market)
- Brühl's Terrace, Brühl's Garden and underground fortifications
- Albertinum with the 'New Masters' fine art gallery and sculpure collection
- Academy of the Arts (Kunsthalle in the Lipsiusbau) with its glass dome (nicknamed 'lemon squeezer' on account of its form) which houses special exhibitions
...and many many more.
MORE SIGHTS (more than 5 min walking distance):
- when the weather is nice, the Elbe river meadows invite you to rest, watch films at night (June-August) and talk walks, e.g. towards the 'Canaletto view' and the bells of the carillon pavilion near the...
- Japanese Palace (Museum of Ethnology with the Damascus Chamber)
- Baroque quarter around Königstraße (King's street) and Rähnitzgasse
- German Hygiene Museum (a unique cultural, social and science museum of the human experience) with great permanent and changing special exhibitions for adults and children
- the nearby 'Transparent Factory' of Volkswagen (which produces the VW Phaeton)
- Street art, pubs, cafés, clubs and the 'Kunsthofpassage' in Dresden's in-scene quarter, the Outer Neustadt
- Bundeswehr Military History Museum (featured as one of the New York Times '41 Places to Go In 2011' in the year of its reopening - and it really is an amazing and very different kind of military history museum)
- Yenidze (former cigarette factory, built to resemble a moorish mosque)
- the three Elbe castles: Albrechtsberg, Lingner and Eckberg castles
- Hanging bridge 'Blaues Wunder' (blue wonder) and artsy Loschwitz village with its cablecars and views
- castle Schloss Pillnitz
- castle Schloss Moritzburg
- 'Saxon Switzerland'/ Elbe sandstone mountains (national park with spectacular rock formations)
...and also much much more.
WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT THIS ACCOMMODATION? (airbnb asks us)
Well, undoubtedly its very VERY central location in this lovely, lovable city: Since we've been asked about this often: We are a typical family household, so if you need anything that is commonly used in modern homes like a hairdryer etc.: You're more than welcome to use these things!! If you have any questions: Simply ask us and we'll be happy to help you out! :)
DEUTSCH [see below for English]:
1. Bitte gebt uns unbedingt möglichst frühzeitig eure Ankunftszeit bekannt! Wir versuchen uns flexibel nach euch zu richten, aber wir haben auch ein Leben 'außerhalb von airbnb' - daher müssen wir vorausplanen! Danke :-)
2. Fühlt euch wie zu Hause und respektiert es dabei aber auch als unser Zuhause. Alle wollen sich darin wohlfühlen wie am ersten Tag.
3. Aus gegebenem Anlass ein Appell an die "extra-männlichen" Männer im Bad (wenn ihr schon mal euer eigenes sauber gemacht habt, versteht ihr das sicher): Bitte SETZT euch HIN! Danke :-)
4. Die Küche ist ausdrücklich zum Mitbenutzen und zur Selbstversorgung da, solange ihr hinter euch wieder aufräumt. Der Geschirrspüler hilft euch gern :-)
5. Frühstück anzubieten ist aus beruflichen Gründen nicht immer möglich, aber wenn es zeitlich passt, machen wir das gern - einfach (vorher) fragen!
6. Wir und unsere Wohnung sind Nichtraucher, aber wir haben einen Balkon vor der Tür, wo ihr notfalls eurem Laster frönen könnt.
7. Genießt euren Aufenthalt und sagt einfach Bescheid oder fragt, wenn wir euch mit irgend etwas weiterhelfen können!
1. Please notify us about your arrival time ahead of time as early as possible! While we try to be as flexible as we can, we do have a life 'outside of airbnb' - which requires some planning ahead! If you are unsure about where to find train schedules or the like, don't wait until the last minute - simply ask for help. Thank you! :-)
2. Make yourselves at home while respecting it as our family home, too. Everybody wants to feel as welcome at any time as they did on day one.
3. In light of recent events, a call to all the "very manly" men using the bathroom (if you've ever cleaned your own, we're sure you understand this): Please SIT DOWN! Thank you :-)
4. Using our kitchen for self-catering goes without saying, just clean up behind yourselves! The dishwasher will be happy to help you :-)
5. We may not always have time to offer you ready-made breakfast. But don't hesitate to ask! Whatever we can arrange, we'll be happy to.
6. We and our apartment are non-smokers. You may want to make use of the balcony outside of our doorstep to indulge in your passion.
7. Enjoy your stay and let us know if we can help you out in any way!
Staying at Juan & Jasmin’s apartment was very precious experience to my family. It was good enough to be remembered for a lifetime. Juan & Jasmin are amazing hosts and showed us the essence of airbnb hospitality. Among others, Juan’s Creme Brulee was the best. It was so delicious! My family will always cherish the time we shared as delightful memories. Thanks a lot, Juan & Jasmin!
You can't find these hosts, Juan and Jasmin, throughout the whole Airbnb and i think this fact is guranteed by the certificate named 'SUPER HOST'. Thanks to J&J, i can make a conversation with them with nice dinner and lool around the Dresden and nearby location. They fully helped me to find the whole information. And also room and the house is really well-organized with the manuel. I miss them and Dresden. And the location is also perfect you can easily to find the apartment and its really close to the old city and new city both. :)
I had a wonderful time at Juan and Jasmin's. Besides the great location of their apartment, Juan and Jasmin made me feel at home right away. They gave me very good indications and spoiled me with delicisou coffee every morning. I highly recommend staying with them, it made my Dresden experience very special!
Juan and Jasmin are very welcoming. We felt very much among friends in their apartment in Dresden. The facilities are as mentioned, the bed is comfortable and sharing breakfast with our hosts was a highlight of our stay!
How do you write a review for such a wonderful stay and the most amazing hosts?! We went back to Dresden just so we could stay with Jasmin and Juan again, in time for the last Christmas market weekend. The room was, if possible, even lovelier than the last time, and J&J were--as before--totally super-hosts-who-became-dear-friends :) The apartment is of course amazing, and PERFECTLY located for all the markets. Jasmin printed maps of the markets and circled her favorite stalls (which really were awesome!). I had to do zero research for this trip, because Dresden maps, restaurant reccos, attractions--everything--was right there on our table!
From the first dinner to the last tea, we had lovely food and conversation throughout our stay :) J&J convinced us to extend our stay over Christmas, and my absolutely favorite part was decorating my very first Christmas tree with them. It was like being a part of the family...no words can say how much that meant to us.
A review cannot--just cannot--do justice to Juan and Jasmin's warmth, love, and welcome that goes far beyond hospitality. If you are even thinking of going to Dresden (and don't go for just a day! there is SO much to see and do!), you have got to stay with Juan and Jasmin, they are the bestest AirBnb hosts ever!
Juan and Jasmin were very responsive and their location was perfect to walk everywhere.
Was soll sagen, einfach alles top. Die Lage ist einfach nur schön und sehr bequem. Jasmin und Juan sind herzlich, interessante Gesprächspartner und interessiert (ohne auch nur einen Hauch aufdringlich zu wirken). Wir haben uns sofort sehr wohl und wie zu Hause gefühlt. Der Nikolaus hat uns bei den beiden auch gefunden.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Ich liebe mein Dresden. Ich mag es nette Menschen kennen zu lernen und ich bin gastfreundlich. Mit etwas Glück könnt ihr vielleicht sogar während eures Aufenthaltes die Ergebnisse meiner Leidenschaft fürs Kochen testen. Leider habe ich aufgrund meiner Arbeit in der schönsten Zeit des Jahres - der (Vor-)Weihnachtszeit - und im Winter kaum Zeit meine Stadt zu genießen.
I love my Dresden. I like getting to know, hosting and catering(!) for nice people. If you are lucky, you might get to try some of my cooking! Unfortunately in the most beautiful time of year (Christmas season) and all throughout winter I have very little spare time to enjoy my city.
Since I grew up in East Germany, my English is far from perfect, but I am always trying my best. My girlfriend Jasmin helps me with answering your queries, providing directions and with the information in this listing, and in any case we will find a way to communicate anything of importance! :-)