ABOUT YOUR ROOM and the house:
* Your own keys so you can come and go as you please
* Double (ensemble) bed, very comfy according to previous visitors!
* Own bathroom (with bath) and separate toilet
* Free WIFI and local telephone calls
* NETFLIX and 'Fetch TV' access
* Brisbane city and hill views (with sneak peak of the river)
* Large balcony with outdoor setting for watching the world go by!
* Share Kitchen and living area
* Washing and drying facilities
* Wardrobe, full length mirrored sliding doors
* Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
* Breakfast cereal, bread, juice, coffee/tea, milk) and basic cooking supplies (herbs, sauces, oils) available for use free of charge
* Secure intercom apartment access
* Off-street and Visitor car parking available
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Located in Albion, 5 kms (3.1 miles) north of Brisbane Central Business District, an 8 min (3 stops) train ride or 15 min bus ride to Brisbane Central. Regular services with choice of 3 train lines and 4 bus routes. Also close to airport.
* The apartment is a short stroll to Albion village with some great restaurants, funky cafes, the Albion & Breakfast Creek Hotels and the usual fast food/take away food shops (See Guidebook for more details).
* Bakery, wine/liquor and 24 hr Convenience store; 5 mins
* Very safe and friendly neighborhood, very quiet at night (but the birds can get a bit noisy in the mornings!)
* Brisbane City Council local buses go directly to Brisbane Central from the street just outside the door, or at the bottom of the hill. Buses run every 10-15 mins; Trains run from Albion train station every 5-10 mins (Tickets to the City and any inner city location (Zone 1) cost $3.63)
*Brisbane’s AirTrain service from the International and Domestic airport terminals normally depart every 15 minutes in peak periods and every 30 minutes in non-peak, Monday to Friday. All services on Saturday & Sunday operate every 30 minutes. Travel time from Albion station to Brisbane airport is approx. 15 minutes. (Note that the first train from the airport departs at 5:04am (6:04 am on Sat & Sun) and the last train departs at 10:04pm). Train tickets are $16.50 each.
*Taxi cab (10-15 mins) from the airport is $30-$35 or, depending on your arrival times, I can come and pick you up!
Feel free to message me with any questions!
Smoking outside in yard. Quiet neighbourhood, so no loud music after 11 pm.
Due to the wooden floor boards in the main living areas, wearing of high (stiletto) heels in the apartment is not permitted. (Sorry guys!) Also, there is white carpet in the bedroom so shoes off and no food or drinks if you please .... thank you.
Check out is at 10 am. You are of course very welcome to store your luggage and other items at the apartment after this time but please note that as there may be another booking the same day, keys will need to be returned and access to the apartment and use of the facilities will be strictly limited and subject to pre-arrangement.
A 'GoCard' for use on Brisbane's public transport system is available for use during your stay. The card is pre-loaded with approx. $5 credit to get you into the City. You will then need to ‘top up’ or add credit for any other trips you wish to take while visiting Brisbane. As a courtesy, it would be appreciated if you make sure there is approx $5 credit on the card for use by the next guest.
Thanks for the lovely stay. You're just an amazing host and the apartment was good and comfy. Hugs Tamara
Without any doubt, I can honestly say that Carolyn has been the best host that I have had the pleasure of staying with.
Her home was everything one would expect for a great "short stop holiday"; clean, comfy, and well maintained. It was a 15 minute drive to the airport and about a 20 minute drive from the city centre.
Carolyn was prompt and detailed with all of her correspondences and worked around my schedule. In addition, she went above and beyond what would be expected from any host. Carolyn picked me up from my city centre location, then took me to the river for a quick drink and the sunset, and then took me to a local hotspot: the Eat Street market, where we got some food together. It was fabulous! Her generosity didn't stop there: she had time to drive me to the airport the following day and offered to take me.
Carolyn won't be forgotten, and if I come back to Brisbane I will defiantly stay again.
Faith in humans has been restored; she's going to heaven.
Staying with Carolyn was one of the best things of my trip. Carolyn was so warm, friendly and helpful. She bought me yummy bread and milk for breakfast and shared me her delicious Marmalade and Raspberry jam! She also drove me to the train station on my last day. The room was located in a very convenient location, just minutes away from bus and train station. Carolyn was not just a perfect host, but I guess I also got a new friend! She was easy to talk to and shared many interesting stories. I really felt myself at home. Thanks Carolyn. We will meet again surely :)
Carolyn was the perfect host. We met at her apartment, but she also offered to pick me up from the train station or airport, which is not something many hosts would do! The room and bathroom were spotless and incredibly tidy, I couldn't have asked for more!!
The apartment itself is in a perfect location, close to the city and airport.
Carolyn is a fantastic host! She was super funny, super helpful and went out of her way to make us feel as comfortable as possible. Her place is also perfect for a stay in Brisbane. It's clean, super comfy, close to the airport and only a 5 minute walk away from the next train station that takes you to Brisbane CBD in about 10 minutes. Definitely my number 1 choice for my next trip to Brisbane!
Carolyn was a great host, truly went above and beyond, came and picked me up from Albion Station when I got a little lost.
Her place was very clean and had everything I needed for a quick overnight stay.
I would definitely come back.
Thank you Carolyn.
Very handy to the city and Carolyn was accommodating. Good price, nice and quiet room.
Having lived, worked & travelled overseas, I know how important it is to have clean, private and inexpensive accommodation with kitchen and laundry facilities and offering a good night's sleep while you're away.
Originally from Melbourne, I have been in Brisbane on and off for just over 10 years now and am happy to show you Brisbane and surrounds from a locals perspective or point you in the right direction of places of interest.
Looking forward to meeting you!