ABOUT YOUR ROOM and the house:
* Your own keys so you can come and go as you please
* Double (ensemble) bed, very comfy according to previous visitors!
* Own bathroom (with bath) and separate toilet
* Free WIFI and local telephone calls
* Brisbane city and hill views (with sneak peak of the river)
* Large balcony with outdoor setting for watching the world go by!
* Share Kitchen and living area
* Washing and drying facilities
* Wardrobe, full length mirrored sliding doors
* Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
* Breakfast cereal, bread, juice, coffee/tea, milk) and basic cooking supplies (herbs, sauces, oils) available for use free of charge
* Secure intercom apartment access
* Off-street and Visitor car parking available
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Located in Albion, 5 kms (3.1 miles) north of Brisbane Central Business District, an 8 min (3 stops) train ride or 15 min bus ride to Brisbane Central. Regular services with choice of 3 train lines and 4 bus routes. Also close to airport.
* The apartment is a short stroll to Albion village with some great restaurants, funky cafes, the Albion & Breakfast Creek Hotels and the usual fast food/take away food shops (See Guidebook for more details).
* Bakery, wine/liquor and 24 hr Convenience store; 5 mins
* Very safe and friendly neighborhood, very quiet at night (but the birds can get a bit noisy in the mornings!)
* Brisbane City Council local buses go directly to Brisbane Central from the street just outside the door, or at the bottom of the hill. Buses run every 10-15 mins; Trains run from Albion train station every 5-10 mins (Tickets to the City and any inner city location (Zone 1) cost $3.63)
*Brisbane’s AirTrain service from the International and Domestic airport terminals normally depart every 15 minutes in peak periods and every 30 minutes in non-peak, Monday to Friday. All services on Saturday & Sunday operate every 30 minutes. Travel time from Albion station to Brisbane airport is approx. 20-30 minutes. (Note that the first train from the airport departs at 5:04am (6:04 am on Sat & Sun) and the last train departs at 10:04pm). Train tickets are $16 each.
*Taxi cab (10-15 mins) from the airport is $30-$35 or, depending on your arrival times, I can come and pick you up!
Feel free to message me with any questions!
Very good flat and nice room, the bed is very comfortable. All the flat is very clean !!! The area is quiet and near the train station. It's perfect to spend good time at Brisbane.
La chambre est très propre comme le reste de l'appartement, le tout au calme et à proximité de la station de train qui vous emmènera partout ! Le lit est très confortable et la chambre spacieuse. Bref un bon rapport qualité prix.
Although I only stayed for one night at Carolyn's, I enjoyed the time I was there. Carolyn's apartment is very clean and tidy, and the room I slept in was very comfortable with "top notch" linens on the bed! A nice touch!
Carolyn is very warm, friendly and well-travelled. She is a lovely person and I wish I could had gotten to know her further!
Carolyn is really lovely, She's accommodating and friendly. Her apartament is beautiful and very clean.With Carolyn made me feel very welcomed which was important as I travelled myself.The apartament is in a great location with easy access into the city on the train. Thank You for great week.
My stay at Carolyn was the best stay ever. Carolyn greeted me on the street in front of her appartment, because I couldn't find it due to the darkness. Than we chatted as we were old time friends. It made me feel immediatly at home. Also she had a map with details regarding all amenities in the house and details about the provided go-card to use for public transport in Brisbane. The Albion train station is just a 5 minute walk from her house and the train ride into the city centre takes just 8 minutes. When I come back to Brissy I know where to stay now. It's just as she advertises "a home away from home".
I had a really good experience. Carolyn is fantastic ! Hope to see her again... All the time a smile on her face. she took time to give me many advices to travel and helped by proposing to drive me to the airport. We shared 2 funny evenings together by eating nice indian food, speaking or watching french movies. Perfect description, nice and clean appartement, easy to go downtown, do not hesitate...
very tidy and clean appartment, own toilet and bathroom with everything you Need
a lot of parking space around, near City cat wharf
Carolyn was so friendly and welcomed us in a very warmly way. She is the perfect host, has City maps, bus and Train and City cat- Cards, was helpful. we had a nice Chat in the evening and for breakfast, talking about traveling experinces
I highly recommend her place!!
We stayed at Carolyn's for 5 nights and found her a most delightful and helpful hostess. We were very comfortable and felt quite at home. Carolyn came out for the day with us on Sunday and also gave us a lift to the airport when we had to leave early on our last day. We feel like we have made a friend and will keep in touch.
I stayed here the night before an early morning flight and it was perfect! Got a great nights sleep and it was a close ride to the airport the next morning. I highly recommend staying with Carolyn. Her place is clean, organized, and you will feel right at home in no time.
My flight in England was cancelled and delayed a million times over. So I arrived in Brisbane 24 hours after I said I would.
Although I wasn't staying with Carolyn any longer she still took time off work to pick me up from the airport and drive me to the train station via a few sight seeing spots. She is a lovely person and so easy to get a long with! I will defiantly be seeing Carolyn again when I return to Queensland in the not too distant future.
Our stay with Carolyn was the kind of experience that makes us love using AirBnb. She was very responsive in our messages and incredibly helpful overall. Despite our long flight delay, she was available to meet us at her apartment when we arrived. Our room and personal bathroom/WC were very clean and the bedding super comfortable and immaculate. Carolyn was an excellent host to us and we enjoyed chatting with her, and she even gave us a couple of rides in her car. We really wished we could have stayed longer than 1 night! The apartment is a short walk from Albion station and easy to get to the city centre, but we would recommend taking a taxi from the airport if you have suitcases. Overall, highly recommended. Thanks, Carolyn!